Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay Advice

Hi guys,

A bit of advice required if anyone can help....

Last night i won an item off eBay (paid 99p for it with £6 postage).

The seller promptly messaged me saying he WAS NOT going to sell it because it didn't reach a high enough auction bid!! Like that bothers me!!!!!

I know he is breaching T&C of eBay, but is there realistically anything i can do thats gonna get me the item?? He said he 'didn't know how to put a reserve on.' I have emailed eBay but i think i'm resigning myself to the fact its never going to materialize!!

also, if i slate him with negative feedback.....he can just do the same and make me look bad?!?!

Cheers

Rob

I think you have pretty much suss'ed out what the score is. Wave the item goodbye and decide if you want negative feedback in return for the one you give. Alternatively, just leave nuetral with what you want to say. Atleast people will see what happened and you are less likely to get negative back.

can the feedback left against me be challenged in any way??

Yup, the problem is it always stays there and shows up as "Both parties mutually agreed to remove feedback" or something to that effect. So you can tell that there was obvioulsy a dispute went on even though there isn't a negative count showing. Not ideal if you just want the case to go away.

or is their a way of not leaving any feedback at all??

Yes, you could just both agree not to bother leaving any.

can the feedback left against me be challenged in any way??

Yes, but its very long winded :duh:

When i had the BMW i got some wheels off eBay, seller was not genuine, was never going to give me my money back, wheels not genuine as he said thay was, all he kept saying was to leave him good feedback, so i left him bad feedback (word it right) he also left me bad feedback, reported him to eBay got the max back i could £105 lol. still had the wheels, but i just felt i must leave him bad feedback as he was a right w****r

this person's been a total :tsktsk:

i won it fair and square and it was listed for 6 days so obviously no-one else wanted it!! don't see what peoples problems are to be perfectly honest!! if you don't know what ur doing, don't do it! if you don't wanna sell something for possibly less than its worth, just have a buy it now auction!! not rocket science really is it!!!

this person's been a total :tsktsk:

i won it fair and square and it was listed for 6 days so obviously no-one else wanted it!! don't see what peoples problems are to be perfectly honest!! if you don't know what ur doing, don't do it! if you don't wanna sell something for possibly less than its worth, just have a buy it now auction!! not rocket science really is it!!!

Come on Rob, what was it :question:

i am pretty sure ebay have stopped sellers leaving negative feedback. To cover your back, pay for the item via paypal.

why would i pay for it if i know i'm not going to see it!! i'm not being out of pocket mate...

Annoying I know, but you might as well just leave it.

I went through the same a while ago and even eBay told me that nothing is legally binding until money has passed. They aren't covered by the normal auction laws. He will probably leave you neg feedback even if you leave him neutral.

Why not make him an offer on it but say it is only on the condition you get someone to collect rather than pay the postage. Then you will get his full address.. :whistling:

Annoying I know, but you might as well just leave it.

I went through the same a while ago and even Ebay told me that nothing is legally binding until money has passed. They aren't covered by the normal auction laws. He will probably leave you neg feedback even if you leave him neutral.

Why not make him an offer on it but say it is only on the condition you get someone to collect rather than pay the postage. Then you will get his full address.. :whistling:

now there's an idea!! the full address would be great :devil: :winky: :whistling:

i may try that, see how much they are after for it....

I'd say the opposite. Let it go. Don't leave feedback. Annoying as it is, keep your feedback score high. You haven't paid him so you lose nothing. If you paid for the item, yes it's legally binding but it can be as legally binding as you want if he ain't gonna send it he ain't gonna send it and I don't think for the sake of £7 it's not worth the hassle.

i am pretty sure ebay have stopped sellers leaving negative feedback. To cover your back, pay for the item via paypal.

i have read it comes in from may only.... check all the facts, wait a while, leave him negative feedback after that date then he cant do it to you in retaliation

Anyone got a link to these new rules? I've searched the online help but not coming up with anything useful.

Not from eBay itself, but there's an article from thismoney.co.uk HERE

and The Guardian HERE

Thanks. I've just found a brief mention of it on eBay clicky

Can't you pay for it though eBay ( noy using Paypal ) then it gives you sellers address to send money to ( or whatever ).

nope!

i'd leave it if i were you. how much feedback did he have? and more importantly like wozza said... link.... item number?

please bid on this item if it doesnt reach my reserve price i will not sell it .

Straight from the eBay listing ( same font etc ) :(

And it's now back on at a start of £29.99, I suspect some people may bid very high on this to break the auction.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links