Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's The Best Colour For The 1st Gen Is And 2nd Gen Is?

1st gen IS I like black or graphite or even red but platinum ice doesn't look right IMHO.

But for the 2nd gen IS the platinum ice looks really NICE and the black doesn't stand out as much!

Must be my eyes or something to do with the exterior design?

Comments?

Any site where it gives you the most popular purchase colours for the ISs?

1st generation IS id hav to say Royal Sapphire and Scarlatti Red

2nd generation id say Caspian Sky and Windsor Blue

i prefer brighter colours personally as you can see, too many silver cars about

First gen: Astral Black

Second gen: Velvet Black

But then I'm biased ;-). My first IS was black and it looked the dog's danglies when it was clean. My second was Platinum Ice and that looked great even when it had been driven through mud. Black ones worked with the smoked rear windows, but the silver-backed Lexarse lights (as they call them on http://www.barryboys.co.uk) looked a bit naff. In silver, this problem went away, but the smoked windows looked a little out of place IMHO.

I wasn't allowed to have a second gen IS in anything other than black. I did suggest silver, but SWMBO told me otherwise.... It pains me to say it, but she's right.

[EDIT]

SWMBO has just looked over my shoulder at this post. The conversation went something like this:

"You only have to drive down one road to decide what colour Lexus to have, and that's the A47 into Leicester. If you see a new gen IS coming towards you and it's silver, you think "mmm nice car". If you see a new gen IS coming towards you and it's black, you think 'f**k me, what's that? Phwoaar!'. "

Gotta be strathcaron blue on the 1st gen IS ;)

I quite like silver on the new IS, but then I really like caspian sky but not sure I'd buy one in that colour........

Gotta be strathcaron blue on the 1st gen IS ;)

I quite like silver on the new IS, but then I really like caspian sky but not sure I'd buy one in that colour........

Dunno about the first generation, but the poll taken on the US site had Cadoxton Slate/Smoky Granite Mica the most popular by a long way.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links