Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Error 3, Stuck Cd's.

Just Joined up today, some very useful stuff on here!

Got the ERROR 3 Message of death on the CD changer recently, from what i've read this should be expected!!

Does anyone know if i can get my CD's back out of the changer without destroying it?

Thanx.

When mine err3'd I had to take the cd player apart to get the discs out and scratched them to bits in the process fortunately they were only copies for the car and not originals :) I think it depends on the player and how bad it's err'd so you maybe lucky and get them out without killing them. Sounds like it's time for amp by-pass lead, facia kit, and a stereo of your choice though :D Welcome to LOC by the way.

Hi mate and welcome :)

I've had the same problem with my mothers IS. I've found that if I disconnect the battery, leave it for around a minute and reconnect, you can eject your disks.

Hope this works.

RJ

Thanx for the responses.

I disconnected the Battery, and now even though there's 6 CD's in there it thinks there's none!!

It doesnt respond to the CD button or the Eject button. But when i press Load it asks for another CD!!

I think it is well and truly buggered!!

Cheers anyway.

If in doubt..... give it a clout!

I think the only thing to do is take it apart and get your CD's back and then get a working one off eGay or get an aftermarket one :D

Im glad i took mine out before i got the dreaded Error3!! I'll put it back in wen i sell the car :)

Tom.

tip guys NEVER fill up all six slots of the CD changer. when error 3 appears aparently its because the nylon thread inside the CD changer has worn out (so i'm told)

Plenty of experts over the years on this subject!

Yep, mine's doing the usual Eject/Load orange LED falshing but no action 2-step. Tried a thump on the side but that's probably now bounced the gears too far to sort it 'remotely'. Time for the tools I guess. Hope the "How to guides" are accurate chaps!

Has anyone actually identified what bit goes wrong in the changer mechanism, and most importantly knows where to get the bit(s) to fix it? Surely if a human can make it another can fix it?? :D I've seen mention of broken cogs/worn sliders/etc all the above?

Like many of you, I don't want to change the OEM kit for aftermarket stuff so I'd rather fix it if poss. With the number of duff units out there it sounds like a good market to be in - Lexus IS audio repair.

Yep, and theres already a guy on ebay that fixes them for £200 a pop.

.. with no guarantee that it won't go "pop" again in X days/weeks. There's a design fault in these units.

For those who want to keep the stock unit/look - go for the grom ipod adapter - it's what I did and I'm very happy with it. 40gb of my music controlled through the headunit.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi mate and welcome :)

I've had the same problem with my mothers IS. I've found that if I disconnect the battery, leave it for around a minute and reconnect, you can eject your disks.

Hope this works.

RJ

I had this problem and thought it would be a major job to get CDs out, but after a few days of just trying the 'eject' button from time to time, they came out with no problem - the CDs just get 'stuck together' in there sometimes, that's all.

• 6 months later...

I'll join the group of frustrated standard radio users. Once, I had 6 CDs in and while the changer was switching the disc I run onto a bump - ERR3 - and nothing I could do though I read some tips on the web. I gave it to Lexus and waited for the radio to come back about 2 weeks. The claimed it went to the producer to be fixed. It came back with some plate changed - even got the faulty part. Drove a couple of days listening to CDs and guess what - famous ERR3 but only with one CD in- could not eject the CD. Very angry opened the fuse box and disconnected the Radio 1 (20) fuse - radio showed 6 discs inside - ejected the right one and the 5 virtuals :)

I happen to get the error twice a week I guess, but don't know what the cause of the problem is and don't won't to give the radio back to someone and drive without music.

Disconnecting the fuse seems to help with ejecting one or two discs (tried 2,3 times). I could write a lot though about the radio but don't want to anyone to get bored.

Any tips when it can get stuck with one disc?It seems I get ERR3 when trying to play CD which was being played when I turned off the engine (though turned the radio off)

A strange thing that CD player. It shows ERR3 every second or third play attempt. Then I load or eject the CD a couple of times and it is able to play the CD again.

Don't get it at all :(. If a mechanical part was down then it should not play a CD at all.It looks as it could not position the plate sometimes but try once more and it's ok.

It's got a mind of its own.

A strange thing that CD player. It shows ERR3 every second or third play attempt. Then I load or eject the CD a couple of times and it is able to play the CD again.

Don't get it at all :(. If a mechanical part was down then it should not play a CD at all.It looks as it could not position the plate sometimes but try once more and it's ok.

It's got a mind of its own.

If the mechanical part was totally broken, then it wouldn't work at all, no. But it might not be totally broken, it might just be getting stuck sometimes, so that it varies whether it works or not. It's digital systems that are either working or not. With an anologue system like motors that move parts along another part, there's a wide range between working and not.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links