Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need Some Help Please

Guys,

I need some help. After being in Japan i have seen quite a few Altezza's with the JDM fog lights. i.e come on as brake lights. I want to do the conversions on my IS200 so my fogs act as brake and fog lights.

Please can anyone tell me what i need and how to go about doing it. Im not that good with car electrics so i dont want to mess it up. So if someone is willing to do it, i will pay them!

Any help out there?

You dont need to change the bulb holders matey for the brake/fog conversion unless you want the fogs to come on with the side lights? The brake/fog conversion is very easy to do, think it took me about 20mins to do when i did mine :D Its a shame your so far away or i'd of done it for you :)

Hows it going mate? Well are you going to the WIM knowledge day? Can meet with you then, unless i come to you. Where in the Midlands are you? Plus i want to do the side light coversion, might aswell do the full blown thing. Would have loved the plusing brake lights aswell, but the group buy for those is over!! :(

Hows it going mate? Well are you going to the WIM knowledge day? Can meet with you then, unless i come to you. Where in the Midlands are you? Plus i want to do the side light coversion, might aswell do the full blown thing. Would have loved the plusing brake lights aswell, but the group buy for those is over!! :(

Never done the sidelight conversion matey so not 100% sure whats needed for that one but i should be at the WIM meet so could do the brake/fog conversion for you if you like if you get the diodes, and i've got all the other bits needed to do it so you'll only need to get the diodes from Maplin if you can but if not let me know and i'll pop and get a set for you? :D

sorted mate. I will order a set of the bulb holders as well and then maybe someone there has done the side light coversion and can help. What you reckon?

mate i will owe you many pints for this!!!

sorted mate. I will order a set of the bulb holders as well and then maybe someone there has done the side light coversion and can help. What you reckon?

mate i will owe you many pints for this!!!

No worries matey if you cant get the diodes let me know as there only a couple of £ for the pair and i've got a Maplins 5 mins away from me :D

i also need to get my fogs converted to this so may come along and do mine at the same time!!! :unsure:

i have the dual filament bulb holders just need to find me some dual filament bulbs that light up red??? :unsure:

Jason :P

i also need to get my fogs converted to this so may come along and do mine at the same time!!! :unsure:

i have the dual filament bulb holders just need to find me some dual filament bulbs that light up red??? :unsure:

Can give you a hand if you want Jason? Chris.S might be able to tell you what bulbs are needed mate as he's done his with the dual bulb fitting? :D

Edit: just thought you have the clear rear fogs DOH!!! :rolleyes:

Jas, do you know how to do the dual bulb holder conversion so you have the fogs acting as side lights?

Not really, i know you need the rear light wiring looms (which i have) and some dual filament bulbs. The problem im having is finding dual filament bulbs that light up red, most i find seem to light up white and as i have the clear rear fogs they won't work.

Stav, that would be great if you could lend a hand mate, been meaning to do this for ages......................as with all my other mods :P

SparkyStav i notice you have had the plusing brake conversion done, is it a hard jobto do? What bits would i need to get?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links