Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Origin B2 Install

Got around to fitting my Origin B2 today. Manage to do the hard bit and hard wire the unit and hide all the cables. I thought the easy bit was to find somewhere to put the unit, but I struggled for quite a while to find a suitable place. I ended up putting it where the ashtray would be.

01062008018.jpg

01062008015.jpg

01062008017.jpg

I was going to put it upright just behind the cigarette lighter, however, I couldn't seem to find a decent way to hold the unit in place as the surface is not flat.

I'm not too sure about keeping there as I would prefer to keep the ashtray, however the unit is not fixed and I can remove the unit and store it away if need be. It's currently just resting on the edges and although it's quite secure, I prefer to secure it down properly. I'm not to bothered about the orientation of the unit as I usually just rely on the beeps and voice.

Anybody else has a B2? Where did you install the unit?

Completely unrelated I know but just a tip having looked at your photos. The Heated Seat and Traction / Snow switches can be swapped over quite easily. For how often you use them it won't effect how they're used but to me at least, they look better with the TC/Snow switch in the middle.

In case you're interested:

* Reach under the switches to the very back and you'll be able to hook your fingers behind the plastic housing.

* Pull towards you and the housing will come away from beneath the head unit.

* Disconnect the electrical connections from the rear of the drivers heated seat switch and TC/Snow switch.

* Remove the switches by squeezing the clips on either side of them. Can't remember if the switches pop out of the front or the * back but you'll see anyway.

* Swap them over and push back into place.

* Reconnect the wires (can't get them the wrong way round, both seat connections are the same but not the TC/Snow)

* Slide the housing back into position.

Beautiful symmetry :winky:

...snip......

I was going to suggest that too! Do it mate - as simple as it sounds it actually looks a lot more pleasing!

You wouldn't put the display up by your rear view mirror? Keeps it well out of sight there. (I had to make a little bracket for mine. Not too difficult really - I made it from a plastic toy.)

Completely unrelated I know but just a tip having looked at your photos. The Heated Seat and Traction / Snow switches can be swapped over quite easily. For how often you use them it won't effect how they're used but to me at least, they look better with the TC/Snow switch in the middle.

In case you're interested:

* Reach under the switches to the very back and you'll be able to hook your fingers behind the plastic housing.

* Pull towards you and the housing will come away from beneath the head unit.

* Disconnect the electrical connections from the rear of the drivers heated seat switch and TC/Snow switch.

* Remove the switches by squeezing the clips on either side of them. Can't remember if the switches pop out of the front or the * back but you'll see anyway.

* Swap them over and push back into place.

* Reconnect the wires (can't get them the wrong way round, both seat connections are the same but not the TC/Snow)

* Slide the housing back into position.

Thanks for the tip, next thing on my list. :-)

...snip......

I was going to suggest that too! Do it mate - as simple as it sounds it actually looks a lot more pleasing!

You wouldn't put the display up by your rear view mirror? Keeps it well out of sight there. (I had to make a little bracket for mine. Not too difficult really - I made it from a plastic toy.)

Umm.. interesting.. U haven't got a picture of it have you? Would like to see how it looks.

I'm afraid not mate... its a long time ago on my first IS. It wasn't the origin, it was actually the display for my aftermarket parking sensors but amounts the same, just slightly smaller.

Slightly hijacking this thread, but useful for those that don't have a speed... eh safety camera detector yet, for those like myself who is rubbish at creating custom solutions (cause I seem to destroy everything I touch :crying:) . You might want to consider the GPSmirror, mounts directly to your mirror, can't be simplier.

http://www.speedcheetah.com/

GPSmirror_dimensions.jpg

Not telling you thicko :lol: :lol:

Only joking, its a GPS speed camera ... sorry... safety camera warning system.

Ahh right, I understand now , so my satnav which comes standard with this so I don't need it eh!!!!

:offtopic: nowt wrong with hiding behind a bush

But you can normally see them sometime sanyway but if yoy were not speeding in the first place you would not need this, oh dear tell me to shut it, good idea anyway, with all the driving I do never thought the need for one of these, do they really work and have they saved anyone any coin and points????

I'm ranting now :yawn:

It's all about the Pogo Alert though now! If you give your B2 in, they'll give you £75 off one...

http://www.pogo-gps.co.uk/pogoalert.php

I'm loving mine...

Yeah, tempting, they sent me two emails to trade in my old one, but considering it works, i thought I keep it for now. However, whilst installing my one, I found that the power cable is a bit dodgy seems like a loose or near broken connection somewhere, so it might be a good time to change, if I can convince the wife!!

Where do you mount pogo, do you hard wire it, or just plug it in the cigarette lighter?

It's all about the Pogo Alert though now! If you give your B2 in, they'll give you £75 off one...

I'm loving mine...

Yeah, tempting, they sent me two emails to trade in my old one, but considering it works, i thought I keep it for now. However, whilst installing my one, I found that the power cable is a bit dodgy seems like a loose or near broken connection somewhere, so it might be a good time to change, if I can convince the wife!!

Where do you mount pogo, do you hard wire it, or just plug it in the cigarette lighter?

I've hard wired it into the right hand vent of my BM - a very stealth install. I'll be looking to do something similar in the IS.

pogo009Small.jpg

pogo001Small.jpg

But you can normally see them sometime sanyway but if yoy were not speeding in the first place you would not need this, oh dear tell me to shut it, good idea anyway, with all the driving I do never thought the need for one of these, do they really work and have they saved anyone any coin and points????

I'm not a crazy driver, and I certainly don't look to speed, however, I'll be lying if I said that I do not stray over the limit at times, it's easy to stray over a 30mph limit. I was caught once doing 30 on a 20mph speed limit 11pm at night, clear road. It was temporary speed camera, but I missed the sign. This is what made me get one in the first place, if I had one then it would alert me to the temporary camera and the speed limit.

It also has the average speed camera detector which is brilliant for keeping me at or below the speed limit, it's so easy to loose a bit of concentration and just stray a few mph over.

So I would say, it's helped me from getting a few points, not in a dangerous way.

Not telling you thicko :lol: :lol:

Only joking, its a GPS speed camera ... sorry... safety camera warning system.

Ahh right, I understand now , so my satnav which comes standard with this so I don't need it eh!!!!

Correct, and you know exactly where they are streets ahead.

I just wish you could import POI's into the Lexus satnav.

I'm loving mine...

I've hard wired it into the right hand vent of my BM - a very stealth install. I'll be looking to do something similar in the IS.

pogo009Small.jpg

Nice install, let me know how you get on with installing it in the IS.

Slightly hijacking this thread, but useful for those that don't have a speed... eh safety camera detector yet, for those like myself who is rubbish at creating custom solutions (cause I seem to destroy everything I touch :crying:) . You might want to consider the GPSmirror, mounts directly to your mirror, can't be simplier.

http://www.speedcheetah.com/

GPSmirror_dimensions.jpg

Funnily enough, I was talking to Parthiban about these the other day. I have one. Its not let me down yet.

Free updates for life.

I don't actually like the mirror. It is wide angle and antiglare. I never got used to it so I'm going to take the board out and mount it elsewhere. One very annoying thing when you first switch on. "Beep - beep - beep - cheetah" after that its fine. Its starting to really annoy me now.... might build a speaker delay into it.

Ok - shut it :hehe: Yes they work and they have saved me coins and points when I've mistakenly creeped over the limit in unknown areas.

Reply to rant over ;)

Nice install, let me know how you get on with installing it in the IS.

I will, as soon as I get it back...

:offtopic: Where's the lex mate? :)

She's in the bodyshop getting a full respray and a few extras :whistling:

Will put up some pics when I get her back... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links