Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lightbrows - Potential Safety Issue

Thanks for the information it does now sound like it could have been like you said due to the bonnet open and shutting many times, so we could all look at this and be advised on this matter, i take it there was no water around the crimps etc which may have caused a short.

I still agree that an aditional fuse wouldnt hurt in the installs we all make i know they can be unsightly when installing and a pain but in this case it may not have LED to a small reaction.

On a positive not from the sounds of it there were no actual falmes so the car is still safe lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the explanation Mossym, exactly what i wanted.

It sounds like the unit somehow over time became faulty so i think a fuse inline would have prevented this. But i think Geoffers can confirm.

I'm going to measure the current the lights draw tomorrow if i get chance then i'm going to fit a fuse to my setup with some fuseholders i've found at work. but i will let everyone know the information when i know it.

Stav

Think 250ma may be a bit low as there's 24 @ 20ma each isn't there? Either way, the lowest possible which is what Neil is saying. Stav will confirm.

I've not listed Maplin parts as they don't do splash/waterproof fuseholders - req. for engine bay (they do but they are blade and the minimum fuse type is 3A)

I'm looking for a non trade supplier.

Think 250ma may be a bit low as there's 24 @ 20ma each isn't there? Either way, the lowest possible which is what Neil is saying. Stav will confirm.

I've not listed Maplin parts as they don't do splash/waterproof fuseholders - req. for engine bay (they do but they are blade and the minimum fuse type is 3A)

RS do a Sealed In Line holder for 20mm fuses, only problem is you need to buy 5 at a time.

RS do a Sealed In Line holder for 20mm fuses, only problem is you need to buy 5 at a time.

group buy?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links