Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Admiral Insurance

Rabster

HI is anyone on here isured with admiral paticuly if you have any engine mods, i have just phoned up and the bloke on the phone was a bit stroppy with me when i asked how much my premium would go up if i put a supercharger on it. apparently they dont cover any mods under the bonnet and therefore wont insure me, i wasnt however told this when i took out my policy

Hi mate ...knothing new there then...seems they still talk to people like ***** I had them when i insured with my old rover they where a right pain in the backside...had no end of trouble with stuff & talked to me like a piece of :tsktsk: then when i got shirty and said id go to traiding standards they sent me a letter saying they where cancelling my policy and could no longer insure with them..............Fine by me.....ended up going with Direct line..who are very good IMHO.

HELLO, AND WELCOME TO THE ADMIRAL APPRECIATION SOCIETY!

I was with them on my Celica at one point and that had mods! Nothing as drastic as a charger, but induction, exhaust, suspension, wheels, brakes, stereo etc. and I was under 21 at the time.

I found them complete b******s to deal with, and after i cancelled my policy just before it expired, two weeks later they charged my credit card over £1000 for the next years insurance that i did not require, and had not even asked for!

I was not impressed! Just when i thought that was it, they tried to charge me a cancelation fee to get my money back. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

Now with Tesco and happy with their service, though it is £111 a month fully comp. Still, at my age, with my history and my mods (see signature) I think it is about as good as can be expected!

Edited by johnboy
Please mind your language

I used confused.com yesterday for the 1st time and was quite impressed with the service on there we had a quote from churchill for our fiesta 1.4 for £378 Fully comp and when i did a search through Confused it came up with a quote for £158 fully comp and with courtesy car,legal cover and protected NCD and the strange thing is its with Churchill so might be worth seeing what quotes you can get through them with an S/C fitted? :D

I have been with Admiral (and its sister companies) for a few years.

No they don't like to insure cars with MODs, but they are by far the cheapest insurer (at least for me) beating all other quotes by over 100 GBP.

I have on one occasion had to make a claim and they were very good dealing with it.

Never found them shirty at all.

I do go around every year and get new quotes come insurance time, but other Co's always want to go way OTT both on the quote and Excess.

It has stopped me getting an SC, but TBH if you want the power get an IS300, and save money on the insurance.

I'm with admiral too and they've been fine with my cosmetic mods, I'm sure supercharger is there on their list of mods too if you try to do it online........

Also they are the cheapest by a long way for me so I have no option..........no problems so far but haven't had to claim yet so not sure how they would be if I needed to.

i had a claim last year they were very swift in doing it all but then again i didnt give them a choice i dumped the car at lexus and told them to repair it an admiral would foot the bill and 2weeks later i had my car back but they were very helpfull etc through the claim but as for an SC no no no lol

I've just insured for next year with Elephant, having been with Admiral last year... £389 for fully comp, 18k miles, business use and £250 excess (total). Pretty good I thought, for a 4.3 litre V8!!

Getting older - it's not all bad... ;)

I've just insured for next year with Elephant, having been with Admiral last year... £389 for fully comp, 18k miles, business use and £250 excess (total). Pretty good I thought, for a 4.3 litre V8!!

Elephant have a crap reputation. They lure you in with cheap prices. Have you read the small print?

No refund of the policy amount. So a month in, if you decided to cancel the policy, they keep the lot.

If you have to make a claim (fault or no fault), it's a lot more hassle than with other companies. Slow processing of claims too. Have a look at the reviews on the web, absolutely awful. Elephant reviews

Again, if you were to have an accident tomorrow, they cancel your policy and keep the money (after settling your claim) that is.

Not pretty good after all! You will find that Bell is part of the same group as Elephant and has the same price, but without the stupid small print.

Elephant have a crap reputation. They lure you in with cheap prices. Have you read the small print?

No refund of the policy amount. So a month in, if you decided to cancel the policy, they keep the lot.

If you have to make a claim (fault or no fault), it's a lot more hassle than with other companies. Slow processing of claims too. Have a look at the reviews on the web, absolutely awful. Elephant reviews

Again, if you were to have an accident tomorrow, they cancel your policy and keep the money (after settling your claim) that is.

Not pretty good after all! You will find that Bell is part of the same group as Elephant and has the same price, but without the stupid small print.

Thanks for that Maneesh,

I have been with Elephant for years and have just renewed last year.

Reading the reviews is scary, fingers crossed nothing happens in the next 11 months :crybaby:

Will deffo think about changing next year

I went with swiftcover this year as they were the cheapest by far..... but I really should have read the reviews before hand apparently they are one of the worst performing insurers on the market with a pretty much non existent or slow claims system,

Just 6months to go then I can search elswere :crybaby:

im with admiral too. got a multicar policy.

to be honest i havent had any dealings with them. i paid the money and thats it really. touch wood i wont have to speak to them.

the insurance is up for renewal in the next few months

i always shop about, but the past 2 years they have been the cheapest.

i used to be with adrian flux and they were the nuts. but after having to claim they put the policy right up!!! might give them a call when its up for renewal. i did find it was cheaper to have mods with flux than is was insuring a standard car with any other insurance policy!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links