Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Polishing , Waxing How To Do On Platinum Ice?

Hello Everyone!

I 'd like to polish and wax my IS200 Platinum Ice colour car . Witch brand you recommend on this colour ?

I went to Halfords and checked all the car care product and found a Turtle Wax (blue box) polish and wax for

metallic paint cars . Is this good enough to apply? My car paintwork is in mint condition , so I really don't want

to do any damage , I just want protection and shine . Also witch is the first to put on the wax or the polish?

Thank You for your help!

Ive got a platinum ice IS200 mate i use the following..

1. Any scratches i use Sonus SFX gloss enchancing & scratch/swirl removing polsh...

2. Then put a layer of KLASSE acrillic sealant on by hand...that seals it..

3. Then finally i put on COLLINITE 476`s double coat wax ...again by hand....makes the car look ace and should last for 6-12 months before doing it again.

Hope it gives you some pointers and help. :D

Depending if the car needed claying or not......

Wash and dry

Meguiars clay Bar Kit

Autoglym (SRP) Super Resin Polish (will remove some small swirls & scratches)

Autoglym (EGP) Extra Gloss Protection

Colinite 476S Wax (2nd coat 24 hours later making sure the car is still clean first !!)

This is what mine looked like after

WozzasLexclayednwaxed003.jpg

WozzasLexclayednwaxed008.jpg

topic now in the correct section Stav :D

I've done the SRP and the EGP. where do you get the colinite476 from, roughly what cost and how easy/hard is it to apply. Also is it OK for Bronze?

I did mine over the weekend. I used:

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo (with wash mitt)

Meguiars clay Bar Kit

Meguiars 3 Step Total Cleaning System (Paint Cleaner, Polish, Carnauba Wax)

More than impressed with the above, in particular the clay Bar Kit- I couldn't believe how much :tsktsk: was on my paintwork! My Astral Black IS200 (7 yrs old with 107k on clock) looks like a new car- shame a kerbed (minor) an alloy this morning :crybaby:

Also fitted my new number plates (been sat in the boot for a while) and also my new chrome exhaust tip.

Hello Everyone!

I 'd like to polish and wax my IS200 Platinum Ice colour car . Witch brand you recommend on this colour ?

I went to Halfords and checked all the car care product and found a Turtle Wax (blue box) polish and wax for

metallic paint cars . Is this good enough to apply? My car paintwork is in mint condition , so I really don't want

to do any damage , I just want protection and shine . Also witch is the first to put on the wax or the polish?

Thank You for your help!

You are getting some good advice if you would like to read a little more about car detailing by some of the best in the bussiness visit www.cleanyourcar.com and read the guides. Good quality products can be bought on line from this site, you may find it a little in depth when you first start reading but basics are :-

Polish (Auto glem super resin)

Seal (Karlack is very good)

Wax ( at least twice Victoria Conours is good but can be hard work)

keep clean after washing with a quick detailer

Thanks for all the ideas!

Finally I collected what I'm going to need here.

1. Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo And Conditioner

2. Autoglym Super Resin Polish

3. Autoglym Gloss Protection

4. Collinite 476S Super Double Coat Auto Wax

I will try to put myself together and post some pictures

when I finished the job! Here is some pictures before!

Thanks ! :whistling:

post-24331-1214952274.jpg

post-24331-1214952471.jpg

post-24331-1214952665.jpg

post-24331-1214954005.jpg

Hi,

The products you have selected are spot on and are my choice of products also.

I would suggest that you hunt down a block of bilt-hamber auto clay if you want to carry out a thorough detail job, as the stuff is excellent at removing all the grime and tar spots etc....

have a look on here for the clay.... www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk

I used it on a detail I done on the LS a week ago...so impressed with the results! Use it with a running hose to keep the panel wet and it is so easy to use.

Here is a pic of the clay after it was used on a what was thought to be a clean car:-

DSC00231.jpg

For a in-depth look at car detailing visit... www.detailingworld.co.uk

The info you can get on there is invaluable!

Hope this is of help,

scott

Hi,

The products you have selected are spot on and are my choice of products also.

I would suggest that you hunt down a block of bilt-hamber auto clay if you want to carry out a thorough detail job, as the stuff is excellent at removing all the grime and tar spots etc....

have a look on here for the clay.... www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk

I used it on a detail I done on the LS a week ago...so impressed with the results! Use it with a running hose to keep the panel wet and it is so easy to use.

Here is a pic of the clay after it was used on a what was thought to be a clean car:-

DSC00231.jpg

For a in-depth look at car detailing visit... www.detailingworld.co.uk

The info you can get on there is invaluable!

Hope this is of help,

scott

Hi !

Thank You for the advise and for the picture as well. I think I'll get some as well. If I look closely after washing the car there are still some

dirt left on the bottom of the front bumper , under the doors and on the side mirrors . So it is really worth 10 extra quid to get rid of all.

Did You rolled the clay or just need to bee pulled on the surface ?Thanks !

Break off about a third of the bar and work the clay into a disc shape. Using light pressure, and while running water onto the panels keeping the paint and clay wet, use the disc like applying wax to a car. With a slow circular pattern, you can feel the bonded particles on the paint being lifted off and the clay just glides over clean paintwork with no resistance. On the sills where the most adhered dirt is found, the clay will need to be worked much harder especially over the oldest tar lines snd spots. As long as the water is constantly applied, I had no trouble lifting off the most stubbon spots.

Check the clay surface regulary and just fold over and work into another disc when it looks dirty.

There are videos of people using clay on u-tube....check the technique....

Hope this is of help!

Break off about a third of the bar and work the clay into a disc shape. Using light pressure, and while running water onto the panels keeping the paint and clay wet, use the disc like applying wax to a car. With a slow circular pattern, you can feel the bonded particles on the paint being lifted off and the clay just glides over clean paintwork with no resistance. On the sills where the most adhered dirt is found, the clay will need to be worked much harder especially over the oldest tar lines snd spots. As long as the water is constantly applied, I had no trouble lifting off the most stubbon spots.

Check the clay surface regulary and just fold over and work into another disc when it looks dirty.

Hope this is of help!

Thank You very much !

Yes I'll check the Tube as well !

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Stig forgot how nice the IS200 was.

Products you have will be fine, I would recommend however getting a clay bar if the car has not be been done for a while, makes it so much more easy to apply the products and you wont believe the muck that comes off which the polish wont eat into unless you machine. Another little tip which I use is I clean the wheels then polish with Turtle Wax silver colour magic (only the wheels) I know this stuff is a real no no on paint but it really brings the wheels back to life, I then apply a wheel wax to seal....worth a try.

• 2 months later...

Ive just been thru exactly the same steps as Mr Stig on my Platinum Ice. I used all the info in this post - thanks alot everyone who posted

I used Autoglym shampoo, then Meguires clay bar and detailer, then another wash and dry, then Meguires stage 3 carnuba wax. Im well chuffed with the results. I couldnt beleive what a difference the clay bar made - it was like silk after I used that

Its a week later now and I have driven through lots of muddy puddles and a bird has shat on the roof (Ill not take her out again).

My question is what do I have to do now? Just a quick wash or a wash and wax again?

Thanks chaps and chapesses

Ill post some pics of my baby soon but I just need some alloy centre caps and a body shop to sort out the 'rear door meets gatepost' incident that my dear dear wife was involved in!

Ad

I'm a Dodo Juice fan. Wash with Halfords Advance Car Wash, clay with whatever brand clay and Meguiars Speed Detailer, hand polish with Dodo Juice Lime Prime and then wax with 2 coats of your favourite Dodo Juice (for silver I recommend Banana Armour or Light Fantastic). Apply two coats of wax with your fingers, buff off leaving 24 hours between coats.

Hope this is of help!

A little tip I found useful is to keep a container of warm water handy, this is for when you need to reshape the clay so that you have a clean area for claying the car. Mainly because when its a cold day it's a pig to reshape, plus ice cold numb fingers don't seem to work either.

Another tip I found to be handy is that when you are trying to mould the clay into shape, do it over the bonnet, because there's less chance of it accidently dropping it onto the floor, you might as well throw it away if it does, or if you're luckily it might be salvageable to clean burned in brake dust off alloys.

Personally I prefer Bilt-Hamber Auto clay,and they say you can use normal water to lubricate it, although I do use Meguiars Quik Detail when I can.

Hope this helps Nev ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links