Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radiator Advice

OK so all the aftermarket radiators are 16mm core whereas Genuine Lexus is 27mm, and twice the price!

Will a 16mm one be OK? Will it provide less cooling than the original standard one?

I presume it must be fine, or they wouldn't make and sell so many! Obviuosly most IS200s are not supercharged though, is the smaller one gonna overheat? Do i need the more expensive one from a main stealer?

I must order in the next hour for delivery tomorrow, to allow me to fit/get it fitted by the weekend - IMPORTANT!

Help...

OK so all the aftermarket radiators are 16mm core whereas Genuine Lexus is 27mm, and twice the price!

Will a 16mm one be OK? Will it provide less cooling than the original standard one?

I presume it must be fine, or they wouldn't make and sell so many! Obviuosly most IS200s are not supercharged though, is the smaller one gonna overheat? Do i need the more expensive one from a main stealer?

I must order in the next hour for delivery tomorrow, to allow me to fit/get it fitted by the weekend - IMPORTANT!

Help...

The 16mm will be ok, unless you going to drive in the red line all the time :D

Thanks guys. I do dip below 6k revs occasionally (stopped at traffic lights etc.) :D

I'll get it ordered.

Thought would be OK, but wanted to be sure.

The saving over the Lexus item will pay for a flight to Crete in a few weeks!!!

Thanks guys. I do dip below 6k revs occasionally (stopped at traffic lights etc.) :D

I'll get it ordered.

Thought would be OK, but wanted to be sure.

Geeezzz how much is a OEM rad from LEX.?

Geeezzz how much is a OEM rad from LEX.?

Didn't bother to ask them. But been told £260 +VAT by people on forum. Call that £300, I've ordered one at £130, saving £170.

Return flight to Crete start from around £160. :D

My girlfriend will be chuffed. Will be able to take her with now, rather than leaving her at home like I did the same week last year. Over her birthday! (Honestly, she was not happy!)

what brand of radiator did you go for?

and how much is the cheapest 27mm rad ?

I'll confirm the brand today when it arrives.

As far as i could tell, 27mm is available ONLY from Lexus.

Went and removed the old one last night, easier than i was expecting! Only required a 10mm socket and a pair of pliers!

My fan casing has been trimmed in places to allow clearance of intercooler pipework. Does anyone else have theirs this way? (Supercharged only.) Also, my fans are non-matching, as in one is a 4 blade and one is a 5! Is this normal? Just looks odd!

Not 27mm core, but a 26mm core radiator is also avaliable, here

The cost of it is over £200 though.

Interesting. Is that the measurement of the core though, or just the width of the whole unit?

Either way, it's £100 more than mine!

My fan casing has been trimmed in places to allow clearance of intercooler pipework. Does anyone else have theirs this way? (Supercharged only.) Also, my fans are non-matching, as in one is a 4 blade and one is a 5! Is this normal? Just looks odd!

Yeah the fan casing should be trimmed mate,

Stav

OK so radiator has arrived. Looks like it's up to the job. Will try to fit it later. Does anyone lnow how much coolant i'll need. Think the system takes 8 litres, but i may have remembered wrongly, or just made it up in my head!

What are the two pipes coming off of the bottom section of the rad for? Dont think mine had them! Are they something to do with a oil cooler on an auto? Do i remove them? or attach them somewhere?

What are the two pipes coming off of the bottom section of the rad for? Dont think mine had them! Are they something to do with a oil cooler on an auto? Do i remove them? or attach them somewhere?

Sounds like oil cooler pipes (for auto IS200). Don't need to connect them up to anything if you have a manual. Personally I'd have made sure that radiator you were buying would only fit a manual car rather than a universal one which fits both auto/manual. Shouldn't cause a problem- just make sure the extra pipes will not leak any coolant.

Not sure how much coolant the IS200 uses, but a 5ltr can of the Toyota long life stuff should be more than enough (you will have some left over from a 5ltr can) unless you are flushing all of the coolant out of the engine as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links