Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Pics Of My New Is200

Here's a few pics of my new IS200 folks. In need of a little bit of TLC so I started with the engine bay tonight:

As I got it (a bit shocking isn't it, all that dirt is actually sand, must have been near the coast):

lexusenginebeforeclean.jpg

Some time later:

lexusengineafterclean.jpg

Front (not quite happy with this at the moment, thinking about grill or even bumper change for something a bit more stylish)

DSC01430.jpg

Side view (my favourite view of the car!)

DSC01432.jpg

Outside needs a good clean/claybar/scratch-x, but so far I've only had time to do the interior and the engine bay :)

I was impressed with the build quality of the Lexus when doing the engine bay. Even though the car's obviously been in the weather/elements a bit, there was no rust under the bonnet at all. Excellent for a 4yr old car.

A funny little thing that I noticed was the power steering fluid reservoir, once it was cleaned, the quality of the plastic was amazing for a little reservoir! You can see on the pictures, it gleams like it's polished!

Can anyone tell a newbie what the big chunky black plastic box is, on the right of my pictures, in front of the suspension tower? Is it something to do with air con?

Nice work :winky: u can do mine 2 if u like 4 practice :whistling:

Top Colour :)

:)

Another newbie question, is the silver on the 04/05 models the same as the previous cars? i.e. is your car and my car the same colour? Just wondering in case I ever buy a sport grill!

hi there nice looking engine, what products did you use?

To get rid of all the dust and dirt I just used a hose on trickle and a soft wheel brush, and took my time, taking care not to drench anything. I dried it off and then just used a cheap no-name exterior trim cleaner :)

Thankfully there wasn't any oil or grime on the engine so nothing more powerful was needed.

Nice.

Why is your power steering fluid blue i thought it had to be the recommended red stuff?

Did you check the air filter as it seems like sand in the bay.

Hmmm that's interesting. The car has full Lexus dealer history, so I don't know about why it's not the right stuff. Could it still be the factory stuff (53k miles), and they started using something different?

Could you tell me how to remove the air filter? I've seen a clip at the front (it's the bit with the Lexus badge on right), but it didn't seem to want to move. Is there something else I need to do?

Could you tell me how to remove the air filter? I've seen a clip at the front (it's the bit with the Lexus badge on right), but it didn't seem to want to move. Is there something else I need to do?

from the 1st clip follow the strips/lines to the back of the platic and you will find another clip at the bak

hope it helps

Here's a few pics of my new IS200 folks. In need of a little bit of TLC so I started with the engine bay tonight:

As I got it (a bit shocking isn't it, all that dirt is actually sand, must have been near the coast):

lexusenginebeforeclean.jpg

Some time later:

lexusengineafterclean.jpg

Front (not quite happy with this at the moment, thinking about grill or even bumper change for something a bit more stylish)

DSC01430.jpg

Side view (my favourite view of the car!)

DSC01432.jpg

Outside needs a good clean/claybar/scratch-x, but so far I've only had time to do the interior and the engine bay :)

are your lights standard, or have they been modified?

thanks

Nice work :winky: u can do mine 2 if u like 4 practice :whistling:

Top Colour :)

:)

Another newbie question, is the silver on the 04/05 models the same as the previous cars? i.e. is your car and my car the same colour? Just wondering in case I ever buy a sport grill!

Iv had 2 my 1st was a 99 & this is an 03 & both the same ;) & yes deffo get a sports grill but go the dealer (£36) not e-bay :)

They are standard lights but the car is (what I would call) an 04 model, so has black front lights, smoked rear light clusters. It also has a different style of alloys as you can see.

On the grill, I have been thinking of getting the LE grill after looking at pictures on this forum. Does anyone know if one can be had from a dealers? There was one on eBay which I was going to bid on but he ended the auction early because there was no bids. Grrrrr...

On the grill, I have been thinking of getting the LE grill after looking at pictures on this forum. Does anyone know if one can be had from a dealers? There was one on eBay which I was going to bid on but he ended the auction early because there was no bids. Grrrrr...

You can get it from a dealers, and when I got mine it was around £40 but it seems to have got a lot more expensive lately.........

Well I spent an hour or two on the car today, and did the following:

a) washed the wheels

B) washed the bodywork with Megs Gold Class

c) went round with Megs Scratch-X and got rid of a few fine scratches on the bodywork

d) dried car with towel.

I was surprised how good the car looked with no wax or polish applied! Stunning for a 4yr old car!

DSC01438.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

Picking up a sport grill next week which will hopefully add a bit of attitude to the front of the car. My next job is to revisit the interior and get the leather looking as new - or as close as possible

Looking good mate :D

Can anyone tell a newbie what the big chunky black plastic box is, on the right of my pictures, in front of the suspension tower? Is it something to do with air con?

That's the ECU :winky:

Engine bay looks like it just rolled out the factory. I wish i had the patience to do mine!

They are standard lights but the car is (what I would call) an 04 model, so has black front lights, smoked rear light clusters. It also has a different style of alloys as you can see.

I didnt think P/ice ever came with tinted rears?

My money would be on a sports grill.., ok everyone does it, but theres a good reason why!

I didnt think P/ice ever came with tinted rears?

My money would be on a sports grill.., ok everyone does it, but theres a good reason why!

Funny you should say that, picking one up tomorrow hopefully :lol: Standard grill just looks a bit cheap on my car IMO. I don't mind the earlier 4-bar style, but the 3-bar style doesn't quite look right.

would they fit on a 01 plate?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links