Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked Up The Lex Today!

Ok guys just came back from picking up my IS from scorps!

It has to be said this car is absolutely gorgeous, so well looked after and taken care of and such a smooth pull between the gears. Pics will be up shortly when the weather is a bit better :(.

One thing I did notice is that when breaking from 80ish lighlty there is quite a bit of judder through the stearing wheel, at lower speeds this isn't as noticeable and if I break slightly harder then it isn't there? Is this something I should look into, what could be causing this?

Dan

*** BIG THANKS TO - Pete (scorps)

Pics are here now guys, finish isn't the best but had to give it a quick wash and polish as the weather was threatening

- here's a few more at the following link CLICK ME!!!!

DSCF2637.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF2637.jpg

DSCF2642.jpg

yeah i put it down to new pads and discs mate :) just curious if there was anything behind it, like i say it's only when i lightly press the brake, when i break harder it's fine.

And yes all the smile was huge, I'm actually in love with this car scorps :P drove through my town and got some serious looks in the car (can't see the gf being happy with me getting lady's throwing themselves at me haha! Sat-Nav stitched me up on the way back though lol, Also the stereo is double din isn't it? As I may well get this replaced,

Nice one matey, congratulations on the new car! :D

I've actually got a similar brake judder problem myself, gonna get it serviced soon so I'll let you know if they come up with a solution for mine.......

I've always been a hard/late braker myself.....i've been thinking about this and i wonder if having the wheels re-furbed could affect this with the paint being a bit thicker on the mating surfaces between wheel and hub?...just a thought. I bet you look at yourself passing shop windows :whistling:

glad your loving it Dan :D

hmm possible, it's just bizzare that it's infrequent but generally at higher speeds when i'm breaking softly is when i notice it. I'l keep a eye on it and see if it settles down, but when I break slightly firmer there is hardly anything.

@ Kazi hmmz possible going to get a supercharger but all in good time, enjoying the car as is atm. Will be changeing the stereo to a PIONEER FH-P80BT soon

I ummed and arrred for a long about the sc, but glad I did it in the end. I did however perhaps not saviour the enjoyment out of the car as standard. Modding is a bug thats difficult to shrug off when you start! Hope she serves you well fella.

haha na all visuals will be the same pete, just going to get a PIONEER FH-P80BT and that will be it :), I put the judder down to the new brakes so all's well and wasn't a complaint just a check.

Completely in love though pete, and the parents are happy as larry too :D

congrats mate, i just picked up a gs300 sport mk1 on friday, and i have the same problem as you. when braking from around 70mph there is a judder, i thought it was the wheel balance and-or tracking because on one of the tyres it has worn on the outer of the tyre. took it 2 kwik fit and they got it on the rolling road, they sed it is a warped disc, i felt the disc and there is the slightest of ridge at the outer, im not convinced its the brakes.

@ padroid yeh I'm just waiting for some better weather (today looks good), so I should be able to get some pics taken today and posted up of the car.

@ Anuj, similar to mine but as Pete (scorps) the previous owner said the pads and discs were recently changed so I'm putting it down to them just needing bedding in, If it is still there after a month or so or is just as bad I may have it looked at. However I can't see it as being a fault as the car has been looked after too well.

@ Anuj, similar to mine but as Pete (scorps) the previous owner said the pads and discs were recently changed so I'm putting it down to them just needing bedding in, If it is still there after a month or so or is just as bad I may have it looked at. However I can't see it as being a fault as the car has been looked after too well.

Congrats on the new motor :)

Check the lug nuts haven't been over tightened too. Correct torque on them is very important and seems to effect Lexus more than others when overdone. Also remember the fact they are new'ish, doesn't mean they are warp free anymore.

yeah very true, well I'm going to give it time see if it settles down which it should. A friend has just come up with a interesting point that could it be possible that the spring clips that hold the pads could have come off or not be holding them correctly, thus giving me the judder under light breaking and nothing under heavier breaking?

yeah very true, well I'm going to give it time see if it settles down which it should. A friend has just come up with a interesting point that could it be possible that the spring clips that hold the pads could have come off or not be holding them correctly, thus giving me the judder under light breaking and nothing under heavier breaking?

The spring clips being missing wouldn't give those symptoms. They would give issues when the brakes are not applied, i.e. rattling etc or just at the initial point of braking, i.e. a clunk. Once you put the brakes on, the pads will go to whatever position they end up in (due to the disc rotation) and stay there until you stop braking.

High speed brake judder could be worn bushes in the front tie rods - assuming the Lex has front tie rods...

Mines fine so I haven't had the chance to check but - on a previous rear-wheel drive car I had it was a common problem...

Good luck

jack

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links