Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satellite Navigation For Is200 Sport

Hello!!! Can anyone help me out? I have a Lexus IS200 Sport and was wondering where I can buy a Satellite Navigation system for it. Do I have to go to my Lexus dealer or can you buy then elsewhere. And if so, how much are they? I would appreciate it very much if you could help me out, even if you know of any sites that sell them. Thank you all, Bye!!! :wub:

I have the same issue, an IS200 without Sat Nav, in desperate need of one!

Unfortunatley, the Lexus navigator system is factory fitted, and as such, cannot be added onto your car... (I've checked with Lexus)

I don't know where you could get one fitted though, hopefully one of the guys will know..

Ian.

Blonde

I believe that the Lexus sat nav can only be fitted when the car is ordered - you can't put it in afterwards.

:(

this means you are looking at other makes.

Garmin products have a good reputation (garmin automotive gps products)

Alternatively, one of our members uses an iPAQ PDA, and has installed it in his IS. This gives you all the benefits of GPS, and you get a nice PDA out of the deal as well (Workshop article on using Pocket PC for GPS)

There are a few of us with iPAQ units. Mine's the NavMan (www.navman.co.uk) and there others such as TomTom. I think its an excellent piece of kit, it does everything the standard Lexus SatNav does and doesn't require you to replace the standard head unit and you can move it from car to car.

A good source of information is www.pocketgps.co.uk

If you don't want to use a iPAQ or other PDA NavMan do a stand alone unit similar to Garmin.

Ipaqs' look pretty popular. I've got the Destinator version, plugs in the bottom of the Ipaq rather than being a jacket, so the Ipaq retains its slender lines but is useless as a stand alone unit i.e. out of the car.

Cost, £320 for the full Europe version, oh then there's the cost of the Ipaq (£400-500) and £80 for SD memory card needed to store the map data

http://www.destinator1.com/

There's also an addon, available today for the TomTom system and soon for the Navman and Destinator systems, from Trafcam which integrates with the sta nav using the GPS and it database of fixed camera sites to warn you of their presence and if you're exceeding the speed limit

http://www.trafcam.com/

Graeme

• 7 months later...

In the quest of being the most informative i can... Here is a link........

Seems like this question was asked a long time ago. :unsure:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...f=26&t=9184&hl=

Oh .... On the other note ..

does it tell you where all the Lexus dealers are? 

Why would we want to know that... If there was a need for this feature, I would assume;

A: your lex has broken down and you cant use the Navigator anyways.

B: what in heavens for?

C: I have never had the need or been so bored as to press that feature... Let alone knew I had it..

does it tell you where all the Lexus dealers are?  :lol:

Why would we want to know that... If there was a need for this feature, I would assume;

A: your lex has broken down and you cant use the Navigator anyways.

B: what in heavens for?

C: I have never had the need or been so bored as to press that feature... Let alone knew I had it..

I thought the :lol: meant it was a joke? I'm sorry if my life is boring compared to yours but I have used this feature - when looking for a new car I visited a couple of Lexus dealers. I have also used other POI such as Santa Pod and for the venue of one of the Lexus open road events.

Dont forget that the stand alone units work off gps only, whilst the proper installed kit uses inertial navigation + distance sensors with gps just to correct the position. Units that use gps only are subject to positional errors and loss of signal. Notwithstanding that, they are still a useful aid. Of course other manufactures CD/DVDs will of course not have Lexus or other dealers in the database.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links