Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm Alarms Me...any Ideas Whats Wrong?

janet

She just keeps going off at odd times, about once a fortnight/10days....at night when I am getting my beauty sleep, just now when immersed in finances, all sorts of times.....where are the sensors? can they be checked? have I got to sleep with the keys under my pillow in case it wakes the neighbours?

Any ideas...I reeeeeeeally need beauty sleep! ??

Are you sure it is not someone setting it off?

It is a usual trick for car thieves to set a car alarm of at odd times over the space of a few weeks, then when the owner has had enough they leave the alarm off overnight and hey presto easy access!

Or you may have a spider!

No chance it is a nasty robber person, I actually was in full view of the car when it went off today, thro a big window! I have been down and had a look at the centre light, and the cover is as tight as an olympic cyclists leotard, but i will attempt to get it off anyway tomorrow to check for any wildlife.

Spider dont set off the alarm. I didn't drive the car for a few days and there was this ENORMOUS spider sitting in the middle of the car having spun a web from the windscreen to the passenger set when i got in. It was a bit of a shock - i'm a tad arachnophobic so jumped straight back out! But the point is it didnt set the alarm off once!

Went off again yesterday....just the once!..had a look in the centre light...absolutely clean and clear, couldn't see the sensor though unless it looks like a pair of thin metal strips ??????, also tried rocking the car...no alarm from that...hmmmm

Went off again yesterday....just the once!..had a look in the centre light...absolutely clean and clear, couldn't see the sensor though unless it looks like a pair of thin metal strips ??????, also tried rocking the car...no alarm from that...hmmmm

Have you tried the online workshop manual ? At the minimum I expect it shows where the sensors are in the light thingy, don't know if there's anything else helpful on the alarm. You can access it here.

Ok, will give it a try...I assume you mean physically shutting them ?

No 'new' metal on the dash either just the usual car park change in the ash tray. Had a look in history too, i see it has cropped up before, with expert advice from Monster Mat!

I went to the dealers with the problem, they found nothing and suggested i went and had a new alarm fitted by someone else (cheaper)hmmm......anyway it has not gone off since Thursday, the sun has not heated up the car (remember the sun? big yellow thing in the day sky, not the talking moon above the naboutique!) ....heat is on my suspects list too.....Taking her on her holidays v.shortly to the Isle of Man, i will see if she behaves with her vents closed, i suspect however that my 'heat' theory will certainly not be tested over there!!

The air vents sound favourite culprit. Use the individual vent controls to close them but also make sure you set to controls to recirculated air. I'm no expert but have seen this topic elsewhere and it apparently solved the persons problem.

• 4 weeks later...
The air vents sound favourite culprit. Use the individual vent controls to close them but also make sure you set to controls to recirculated air. I'm no expert but have seen this topic elsewhere and it apparently solved the persons problem.

I have a similar radar problem in my is200se, I tried air vents closed as above, didn't work on mine. :shutit: as in this post

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links