Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow Button

Ive played around with driving with / without "snow" mode on and I can't say I can notice a lot of difference!

Apart from maybe the throttle mapping is a bit less sensiive (not that its all that responsive to begin with) but apart from that I can't feel anything!

Also, why can i have trc off AND snow mode on at the same time? Why would I want to tell my car "Just to let yo know I'm driving on snow, but don't bother doing anything about it if I lose grip!"

as you have noticed it reduces the throttle sensitivity, but thats it. I think on the auto it may do more but i'm a manual driver so can't help with that. No idea why they let you have both, the car is quite simple - though you really need trc off with snow chains of for example.

Yep not an option, just makes the throttle less sensitive. I've got an auto, and don't think it does much else, may change up gear a bit earlier, but still starts in first gear.....

I thought it was just throttle sensitivity, but when it's safe have a play on the motorway.

It seemed to make the car quiter cruising, and the economy gauge went up. But maybe it just means it responds less to the throttle pedal, so there's less fuel going into the engine for a given position of the throttle pedal.

There's been some discussion on here about it increasing economy, which I suppose it might as it's not responding as much to your right foot :)

but still starts in first gear.....

That's pretty rare, most snow mode buttons make the car start off in second.

my gs300 starts off in 1st when in snow mode...

me and my wife goes snowboarding every year in scotland and the is200 has to be one of the worst cars in the snow, the snow button makes no difference, even if you switch both off the power to the wheels keeps cutting out until your the first car stuck.

if you ask me its a waste of a button.

That's pretty rare, most snow mode buttons make the car start off in second.

Yeah, most snow buttons are connected to the gearbox.........this one is just a less sensitive throttle..........

me and my wife goes snowboarding every year in scotland and the is200 has to be one of the worst cars in the snow, the snow button makes no difference, even if you switch both off the power to the wheels keeps cutting out until your the first car stuck.

To be fair, if you were still on summer tyres, it doesn't matter how good the electronics are, you're not going anywhere - try taking an X5 off road with it's road tyres on..........there's just no point :)

Ive played around with driving with / without "snow" mode on and I can't say I can notice a lot of difference!

Apart from maybe the throttle mapping is a bit less sensiive (not that its all that responsive to begin with) but apart from that I can't feel anything!

Also, why can i have trc off AND snow mode on at the same time? Why would I want to tell my car "Just to let yo know I'm driving on snow, but don't bother doing anything about it if I lose grip!"

have you read the owners manual? if so that would answer your question

total load of bull shi......... i guess that u have your summer tyres on and have not swapped over to winter tyres on smaller wheels??

it snowed here heavy about christmas and i found the car is far better just both off, but def did not cut power with them both off?? i was playing in a big empty car park. maybe yours is stuck on??

it snowed here heavy about christmas and i found the car is far better just both off, but def did not cut power with them both off?? i was playing in a big empty car park. maybe yours is stuck on??

thanks for that i will have to check and see, but even with both switched off i ended up having to dip the clutch to try and keep the car from stauling as the power was being cut to the wheels.

total load of bull shi......... i guess that u have your summer tyres on and have not swapped over to winter tyres on smaller wheels??

Well, first up, we'd all love to know the wheel + tyre configuration for an IS200 and Winter/Snow tires. However, Lexus UK, Lexus Europe + Lexus Global are pretty useless. They all say " We can not suggest anything. Speak to your local dealer." - Bollux.

So I phoned a Lexus dealer in Geneva, who said " sorry we can't help, speak to you local dealer".

And I know there's been a bit of chat on here about it, but I still can't find ANYTHING which lets me have any confidence about a set of tires that are suitable for a 2001 IS200-SE with 215-45-R17 std alloys. And if I need a smaller set of wheel, is there a set of steels that I can get to put on the car?

Sorry to sound ******, but i just can't believe the less than helpful LEXUS supply chain. :(

Well, first up, we'd all love to know the wheel + tyre configuration for an IS200 and Winter/Snow tires. However, Lexus UK, Lexus Europe + Lexus Global are pretty useless. They all say " We can not suggest anything. Speak to your local dealer." - Bollux.

So I phoned a Lexus dealer in Geneva, who said " sorry we can't help, speak to you local dealer".

And I know there's been a bit of chat on here about it, but I still can't find ANYTHING which lets me have any confidence about a set of tires that are suitable for a 2001 IS200-SE with 215-45-R17 std alloys. And if I need a smaller set of wheel, is there a set of steels that I can get to put on the car?

Sorry to sound pi@£$d, but i just can't believe the less than helpful LEXUS supply chain. :(

Sorry to sound ******, but i just can't believe the less than helpful LEXUS supply chain. :(

strange as all the lex dealers here offer steel wheel/tyre sets and its a lex leaflet so someone somewhere is sending this out to the dealers. steel wheel/tyre size is the same as the 16" wheels that came on the S model

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links