Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F***ing Lorry Driver

eXOBeX

Car was parked on the road past our office yesterday. Came back to the car to find that a lorry, whilst going past to make a delivery to us, has managed to do this to my back wing:-

P1000897.jpg

P1000898.jpg

P1000899.jpg

P1000900.jpg

P1000901.jpg

P1000903.jpg

I'd only polished the car on Saturday, too! Trying to track down contact details for the logistics company we think is involved (CCTV doesn't cover the car, but it does cover Goods In). If they don't play ball then I'll get the cops involved, they can have the CCTV plus the paint fragments recovered from the ground and the car.

Damn that's awful, what an ar*e for not stopping :tsktsk:

Hope you manage to track them down, my mum was in a hit and run many years ago with a truck - the police could do nothing about it despite having the reg and name of haulage company..........

Damn that's awful, what an ar*e for not stopping :tsktsk:

Hope you manage to track them down, my mum was in a hit and run many years ago with a truck - the police could do nothing about it despite having the reg and name of haulage company..........

If they don't play ball I'll let them know it's being reported as a fail-to-stop RTC, and that all the evidence (CCTV, bits of paint that were scraped off the lorry, etc.) will be handed to the police.

They can even argue that I hit the lorry instead of the other way round if they like - there's more CCTV in one of our other offices that places me 60 miles away from my car at the time!

With all the proof you have I don't see how they can deny it, the guy who was driving will probably claim ignorance and claim he know nothing about it to save his job but at least it'll get sorted, was it a Securicor Omega wagon by any chance?

there's more CCTV in one of our other offices that places me 60 miles away from my car at the time!

Thats a long way to walk to the office once u've parked up...

good luck on gettin a result

Is it a Public or private road? When draylorry hit wife's car on a pub carpark her insurers were going to write her car off. I then had a call from the logistics company who run the fleet asking if they could sort it without insurers. New rear quarter panel,skirt/bumper and other odds & ends plus new Vectra SRI loan car delivered by them. This was because it happened on private property and they keep a fund aside for this sort of thing.

Hope your situation resolves itself swiftly and to your satisfaction.

Got hold of the logistics company we think was involved. No CCTV showing incident occuring and no witnesses = no joy. Reported to the police, officer dealing with it admitted that it's pretty much a paper exercise and that nobody's likely to get nailed unless a witness appears.

Round the corner from the nick is a body repair shop, so popped in to see the guy there. Whilst chatting to him about JAE and stuff (turns out he's a Mk.4 Supra owner) managed to push the panel partway back out (it's single-skin so easy to get at, if I remove the aerial I should be able to access the whole panel from the inside). Looks like the pushed-in panel is what's bending the bumper too, so fixing one should fix the other.

He gave me a figure to think about - £250-odd to fill and paint - and suggested checking my policy first to see what the excess is. Excess is £300, so considering pushing the panel back out myself and getting him to do any necessary filling and (obviously) spraying. Trouble is, he's up to his eyeballs in work so I might have to take it elsewhere and beg/borrow (not steal) a car to use while it's there.

What do you guys think?

HOLD ON A MINUTE I'M A LORRY DRIVER SO I'M A **** LORRY DRIVER AM I? YEAH YOUR PEED OF I WOULD BE BUT DON'T PUT US ALL IN THE SAME BOAT OK

Not putting you all in the same boat. I know most lorry drivers are knights of the road, etc., it's just that a some obviously need to pay more attention to the less robust vehicles around them.

Mods, can one of you change "Drivers" to "Driver" in the topic title please? Ta.

Anyway (and I mean no disrespect to GWilso by redirecting this topic straight back on track, point made, point taken, sorry if I've got your back up) back to my earlier question... to get insurance to fix it (paying the excess, telling them for the next five years that yes, I have had a claim in the last five years but it wasn't my fault, etc. etc.) or to get it done myself. Pop quiz hotshot, what do you do...?

Apology accepted,

I feel for you mate I really do.

Insurance company's have quite a lot of leeway re:insurance excess/non fault claims..... normally they would let you off (but only if they can recoup from the other party) in your case they don't have one...... hence the reluctances to pay out

Let me know how you get on

HOLD ON A MINUTE I'M A LORRY DRIVER SO I'M A **** LORRY DRIVER AM I? YEAH YOUR PEED OF I WOULD BE BUT DON'T PUT US ALL IN THE SAME BOAT OK

Not putting you all in the same boat. I know most lorry drivers are knights of the road, etc., it's just that a some obviously need to pay more attention to the less robust vehicles around them.

Mods, can one of you change "Drivers" to "Driver" in the topic title please? Ta.

Anyway (and I mean no disrespect to GWilso by redirecting this topic straight back on track, point made, point taken, sorry if I've got your back up) back to my earlier question... to get insurance to fix it (paying the excess, telling them for the next five years that yes, I have had a claim in the last five years but it wasn't my fault, etc. etc.) or to get it done myself. Pop quiz hotshot, what do you do...?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links