Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Lexus Is Giving Way.

Rikos

Hello all,

A fairly depressed member here :crybaby: , i have traded my IS in for a cheaper, more economical car.

I will be picking up the new car on Saturday and saying goodbye to my baby, i am not looking forward to it an will probably break down into tears when i hand over the keys.

I have had the best year of motoring and the lex has not disappointed in anyway. Most of all i am thankful and grateful to the lex as it made me a member on here. I have met some great people, had loads of help and made some friends ..... o and of course had fun along the way!!

I would like to thank everyone for everything and i will be sticking around if thats ok to give the odd sarcy comment and add my 10p.

Now for the car i will be driving away in on Saturday........ it's a fiesta!! :o :whistling:

Yes i know .... but i had to have something cheaper an more economical. I am doing over 200 miles a week and so it makes more sense to get something that is cheap for now. I am still only young an so will be looking again in a year or so time to maybe get something more up market an hopefully a new lex.

I have got a Ford Fiesta 1.4 LX 52 plate 41,000 miles. Full service history, 12 months MOT, 6 months warranty. It isnt the most luxurious but hey it has air con!! I have done a straight swap which is what i needed to do as i have no spare cash at the minute.

It is a huge drop and i will be gutted driving off on Saturday but i will be saving at least £100 a month and being an accountant it is too hard to ignore the savings.

Again from the bottom of my heart i would like to thank you all, you are the best bunch of people and you know a thing or two about cars as well

I wish everyone all the best and feel free to comment about car change negative or positive (if there are any!)

All the best for the future,

Rik

No way! That is quite a change :crybaby:

Sad to see the Lex had to go, but I can understand the reasons............do come back on here though, also that way you'll be back in a Lex in no time at all! :winky:

sorry to hear ...and know how you feel...one thing I can say with conviction is - you'll be back ;-)

Better to change now though before you start hating it because of the money it's costing to run and as others have rightly pointed out- it's only a car and seems you've made some good friends and had some good times.

I feel for you man.

I really really need to do the same, for the same reasons.

Fortunatly, I dropped out of my Accountancy course because I was lazy and bored, so I'm not listening to sense and sticking with the Lex, even though it costs me a fortune! And I cant stop modding it!

Stick wit the forum man, and watch the price of the an early IS250 drop until you can no longer resist the temptation!

My brother had to do the same, he has taken his Omega 3.0 Elite off the road and has a Corsa SXi 1.2,

Apparently yesterday some chav in a Saxo asked him if it was fast and he said 'its only a 1.2',

the chav then asked what he'd managed to get out of it, to which he replied, 'over 40mpg'

Awwww Noooo i would feel exactly the same im in tears 4u what a hard thing 2 do :msn-cry:

My mum had a Fiesta & i hated it but not been in the newer 1`s so probably heaps better now :unsure: was 10 year ago

Nice your going 2 stick around :)

Sorry to see your lex has gone mate, :(

But we can have a fiesta meet if you want as i've got one aswell :lol: i've got the 1.4 zetec and they are a very good little car and one thing i would suggest is get an induction kit for it, makes them run a lot better as the airbox is total crap thats fitted as standard, when i fitted the one on ours it was even better on the fuel and seemed to drive a lot smoother :D

Now dont be a stranger mate and as others have said "You'll be back" :D

Fiesta meets sounds like a plan .... we'll only need a small car park as well :lol:

Doesnt the induction kit make the car sound different? i know it did on my clios. Will the panel filter be as good ... without the noise??

Yeh mate, it makes it sound quite good for a little engine but like i said it does improve the running quite a bit? Havn't tried a panel filter in it as yet but when i took the airbox apart i was quite supprised at how restrictive it was? (probably for the emissions) but ours does run a lot better without it and the fuel economy is better than before :)

Fiesta meets sounds like a plan .... we'll only need a small car park as well :lol:

Doesnt the induction kit make the car sound different? i know it did on my clios. Will the panel filter be as good ... without the noise??

Yeh mate, it makes it sound quite good for a little engine but like i said it does improve the running quite a bit? Havn't tried a panel filter in it as yet but when i took the airbox apart i was quite supprised at how restrictive it was? (probably for the emissions) but ours does run a lot better without it and the fuel economy is better than before :)

I shall have a look into this mate cheers

My brother had to do the same, he has taken his Omega 3.0 Elite off the road and has a Corsa SXi 1.2,

Apparently yesterday some chav in a Saxo asked him if it was fast and he said 'its only a 1.2',

the chav then asked what he'd managed to get out of it, to which he replied, 'over 40mpg'

Over 40 Mpg...lol thats a dream I long to have again, as mentioned I to will be selling up for various reasons & am struggling to find something to get which i will love as much... Good luck to you Rikos an stick around an update us on the mods you do to your next car, I know you'll make them we just have that evil bug in all of us I've already started looking at parts for potential next cars lol..

We can always come back an get a cheap lex in the future :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links