Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are These Legal ?

shanem

I am pretty sure they are legal. BMW have the same concept. If you have them fitted then you need to go to an MOT garage where you will need to get them aligned for right hand drive as Chris S says

I am pretty sure they are legal. BMW have the same concept. If you have them fitted then you need to go to an MOT garage where you will need to get them aligned for right hand drive as Chris S says

You might not be able to get them aligned for RHD drive though, MoT alignment is more a case of up and down, isn't it ? You'll have to get them to point a lot more to the left, and that might not be possible without horrible stick-on beam deflectors.

You might not be able to get them aligned for RHD drive though, MoT alignment is more a case of up and down, isn't it ? You'll have to get them to point a lot more to the left, and that might not be possible without horrible stick-on beam deflectors.

Pretty much all these type of headlights form the US will fail MOT, due to beam patterns. Most are totally non adjustable, and on those that are, the adjustment is not usually enough.

A couple of the guys on here have them fitted to there IS's , Sorted Vti has them on his and another member has just fitted them but cant remember there username at the moment :unsure:

Edit: just found some others tht have them fitted Scott2016 has them and Niwinars has them fitted (cheers Stoney :D )

Thanks for the heads up guys :)

No worries. You're not the first, and you won't be the last!

A couple of the guys on here have them fitted to there IS's , Sorted Vti has them on his and another member has just fitted them but cant remember there username at the moment :unsure:

He has a pic of Policeman as his Avitar, if that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

I have some fitted on my Altezza. I tapped into the side light wiring so the original side lights will work. Just pop the bulbs back in and disconnect the power pack from the halos before the MOT. Im going for an MOT on the 3rd October so ill let you know how I get on.

• 3 months later...
Yeah i got those exact lights on mine...failed the MOT....would only recommend them if you could get someone to turn the projector lenses round to change the beam direction to suit UK roads...kinda tricky :whistling:

My god its been a long time since I was over here, kinda forgotten about the place

If its just the angel eyes/halo rings you're looking for buy them and fit them yourself, thats what I did and this is how they look

181782182a7626561915l1hz5.jpg

Got them from here AAC

yeah i got these on my car. dont waste ur money. the beam has too much of a kick up on the right hand side to pass an mot. means changing them over mot time.

there nice looking lights but just a shame they arent legal. im going to try and take them apart so i can adjust them properly like scott said. just having the time to do it.

• 1 month later...
its ok i'm just intrigued, i'll go have a looky my self :)

Hey just wondering bout the angle eyes, i have a set at home in a box for the last year, haven't even attempted to fit them yet!!! ha, were they hard to fit?heard getting the headlights apart is a pain?

its ok i'm just intrigued, i'll go have a looky my self :)

Hey just wondering bout the angle eyes, i have a set at home in a box for the last year, haven't even attempted to fit them yet!!! ha, were they hard to fit?heard getting the headlights apart is a pain?

Not really no check out the link, tells ya how to do it

tezzaworld

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links