Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Dreaded Dashboard Rattle

HELP!!!!

I Have a 250 SEL with a really annoying rattle in the dashboard, on the passenger side. Are there any permanent fixes for it?

if its the rattle that appears to be from the passenger side air vent then it is fixed by dash removal and damping the dash mounting brackets,mine is now silent.

i have given up complaining about mine s soon as i get one fixed another one appears, i have got one in the side pillar above the seat belt anchorage point right next to my right ear, it drives me mad, do what i do and turn the radio up and count down the days till i can afford to get rid.

I don't know how Lexus get away with selling a car with so many rattles. I've read so many posts on this forum complaing about the amount of rattles and problems that there cars have had, or in many cases still got, because ther can't be fixed, or people can't be bothered to carry on going back to there dealerships. I wouldn't expect these problems from a mass manufactured car, such as Ford, or Vauxhall. I really think Lexus should do something about this, because at the moment it is beyond me how Lexus perform so well in customer satisfaction surveys. It's a real shame because the car drives so well and the auto box is silky smooth and the car looks fantastic, but if my dealer can't get my car completly right this time, I too will be counting down the days until I can afford to get rid off it and get something else!!!!!

i have given up complaining about mine s soon as i get one fixed another one appears, i have got one in the side pillar above the seat belt anchorage point right next to my right ear, it drives me mad, do what i do and turn the radio up and count down the days till i can afford to get rid.

The exact same rattle/squeak drove me to death at times - it was one the dealer couldn't fix. It was making me really mad...

• 2 weeks later...
HELP!!!!

I Have a 250 SEL with a really annoying rattle in the dashboard, on the passenger side. Are there any permanent fixes for it?

They will need to take the dash off and put more clips and padding inbetween. It can be sorted, but you will find that there will be more rattles as as the car gets older, sorry.

Had dash out 3 times for rattle on passenger side near air vent (Exeter Lexus). No change. Same old excuses re temperature of car, weather and 'it never rattles when the technician takes it out'. All very polite in dealership but never solved this problem.

Like others on this post I have given up complaining (thank god for Mark Levinson at 50+ volume which is my own personal fix!). Shame as I love the car but this rattle may have lost a future purchase from me....

The exact same rattle/squeak drove me to death at times - it was one the dealer couldn't fix. It was making me really mad...

Ditto - I have exactly the same. Everytime I go over a bump I get a plastic creak from somewhere around the seat belt housing or grab handle. It's driving me mad. I'm going to get the dealer to replace them next service.

i usually get a slight noise from the Gear stick gator (Vibrating)

but i put that down to it being a Diesel But i will mention it

before the Warranty runs out January.

Regards

Matt

Had that as well... gear stick was replaced under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so :tsktsk: off!!!

I put my 250 SE-l in to have the dashboard rattle fixed over 4 weeks ago (the 4th time it has been in for warrenty work). It was in for nearly 2 weeks, which I didn't mind so much as I wanted it done right. When I got my car back it was silent for a day. The next morning it appeared once again as bad as before!

I want to reject the car, but Lexus GB are resisting and have only offered £1500 towards a new car, but my car has only been valued at £20K (OUCH!). Has anyone managed to reject a car for persistant rattles? I really feel this car is not upto standard for a so called Prestige car.

Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I don't think you can reject a car for a persistant rattle. Someone on here had Lexus GB take away their car to fix the rattle at their technical centre or something and that seemed to work fine. I believe the rattle is just caused by a couple of clips that are left in from installation of the windscreen so it really shouldn't be a difficult or lengthy fix.

I don't think you can reject a car for a persistant rattle. Someone on here had Lexus GB take away their car to fix the rattle at their technical centre or something and that seemed to work fine. I believe the rattle is just caused by a couple of clips that are left in from installation of the windscreen so it really shouldn't be a difficult or lengthy fix.

NBLG - some of these cars will never stop rattling...hopefully the Facelift will put this to bed for once and for all...

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links