Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving Lexus

WylieCoyote

Well chaps and chapesses, the day has finally come to get rid of my Lexus and move onto a new car. I have just ordered a nice shiny 2007 Volvo S80 2.4D SE from the main dealer in Nottingham. As most of you know, the Volvo will suit me down to the ground!!! It has a hell of a lot more toys on it than my car and it's very smooth and quiet - perfect!

My 18 months of Lexus ownership has been great fun, I've enjoyed plenty of banter on here and it will be tough to empty my car out on thursday.

I'm picking my S80 up on Friday, I will put up pics. I will stick around on here if no one minds a Volvo driver lol :lol:

Back soon.

Keith :)

Always sad to see a fallen solder but you have valid reasons we all feel for and understand..... Good luck with the new car Keith and please stay with us......

Just between you and me i don't own a Lexus, in fact i drive a Citroen but i still enjoy LOC and it's good natured members :)

Sad to see you're going (thought we'd avoided it) but you're going to a nice place.............I really like the new generation of Volvos, and was pretty close to getting an S60 when I first bought the IS.

In my opinion, they also have the best seats of any car out there so you'll definitely be very comfortable!

Do come back on here though, and get us more pics when you pick it up. Are you p/exing your IS? Just out of interest did you get a reasonable price for it?

Are you p/exing your IS? Just out of interest did you get a reasonable price for it?

Yes and no. Yes I am part 'exing it and no I didn't get a good price for it!!! £5100 which is rubbish but then it is an 05/05 base model with 4 previous owners and a few scuffs here and there. I could have got a few hundred pounds extra but I'm sick of trying and failing to sell privately. Also, What Car reckons that the S80 2.4D SE on an 07 plate should be £14025 at a dealer. Mine has the following additional options extra: electric sunroof, full leather, winter pack, upgraded premium stereo, heated seats metallic paint etc. With all the optional extras at the main dealer I paid £13331 for it which I think is exceptional value for money. All together it cost £32000 new and it's 14 months old and has lost £19000!!! Ps if anyone else is thinking of it, there's loads of these S80's around for around the £12800 mark for a 56 plate.

So no, I didn't get a good price for my IS but I made up for it with a good price on the S80.

Yes and no. Yes I am part 'exing it and no I didn't get a good price for it!!! £5100 which is rubbish but then it is an 05/05 base model with 4 previous owners and a few scuffs here and there. I could have got a few hundred pounds extra but I'm sick of trying and failing to sell privately. Also, What Car reckons that the S80 2.4D SE on an 07 plate should be £14025 at a dealer. Mine has the following additional options extra: electric sunroof, full leather, winter pack, upgraded premium stereo, heated seats metallic paint etc. With all the optional extras at the main dealer I paid £13331 for it which I think is exceptional value for money. All together it cost £32000 new and it's 14 months old and has lost £19000!!! Ps if anyone else is thinking of it, there's loads of these S80's around for around the £12800 mark for a 56 plate.

So no, I didn't get a good price for my IS but I made up for it with a good price on the S80.

If you could have only got a few hundred more I think you're right to just p/ex as the lack of hassle is worth that much :)

But that is quite a serious drop in value, that's an awful lot of car for that money! Let us know what it's like when you get it, I'm sure it'll be more of a "relaxed" drive than the IS.......... :whistling:

You mean less fun Parthiban :P, I know the feeling Wylie as some already know I'm not planning any heavy tuning modifications for my IS sticking to asthetic mods and keeping the clean and tidy look. Then probably this time next year I shall be looking at picking up a Nissan Silvia S15 (don't stone me please :o ) And put some serious power behind that :) however I shall still be hanging around here

If you could have only got a few hundred more I think you're right to just p/ex as the lack of hassle is worth that much :)

But that is quite a serious drop in value, that's an awful lot of car for that money! Let us know what it's like when you get it, I'm sure it'll be more of a "relaxed" drive than the IS.......... :whistling:

I've always said that a car is only worth what someone will pay for it. Therefore my IS may be worth more than the measly amount I got for it but it could sit on my drive for the next year or so if no one will pay what it's worth. It's a bummer but c'est la vie!

You're right, it's a phenomenal amount of car for the money! No one in their right mind would buy one new.

Hehe, relaxed drive. Just the way I like it. Sinking back into soft leather and turning up Terry Wogan. Perfect lol :lol:

Are you p/exing your IS? Just out of interest did you get a reasonable price for it?

Thats one hell of a lot of car for the money - glad I've not had to pay the depreciation on it from new....

Lovely car and can see why you've done it.....driven a few volvo's myself and have to say they are solid feeling comfy cars - you can drive for hours and still feel refreshed when you get out the other end.

Always liked Volvos ever since my dad bought one years ago - 760 estate with the 2.3 Turbo Petrol - We used to call it the pigeon catcher and we surprised many a BMW/Merc driver - Only trouble with it was I thought they were ugly cars - but theyve definitely sorted that one out now......Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy.

What are you saying about yourself man :P

That my driving style has more in common with an undertaker than a normal person lol!!!

NIce one buddy - never driven a S80, but the S60 is a very underrated car - superbly made and those seats areincredible. Still the most comfortable cars ever!! Bloomin' arm chairs!!

And at that price it's positively a bargain - well done!! Go enjoy (and don't forget how economical it will be - if it's the D5 you'll be shocked!)

I would be quite pleased with that deal. AT the end of the day, all that matters is the 'cost to change' rather than the specific p/ex value or cost of the new car. Whenever I buy a car from a dealer and consider p/ex I always talk about cost to change, and it's the language they understand. You may have got very little for your Lexus but it sounds like you've got a lot of new car for your money, so well done!

That's wicked

You'll hate this one:

"Volvo's - made by Intelligent people, driven by dummies" (obviously going back to the days when Volvo had those crash dummies/SIP commercials)

Seriously though - they are excellent cars. Someone I know lived off High mileage ex company Volvo's for years. One was ex police 850 T5 with 240,000 on the clock....superbly well made!

Well, drove over to Nottingham today to finalise everything - taken insurance stuff so car can be taxed. Bit gutted I can't take anything out of it as they said it's all part of the contract - even the tax disc grrr!!

Emptied her out - a bit heart wrenching - she's just sitting on the drive ready for the last trip tomorrow. :crybaby:

iceman 67 - pm sent

Ok, now time for a moan. Was supposed to be collecting my shiny new toy today this evening, but I got a call from Volvo this evening saying that the V5 hadn't arrived and they can't tax it without it. They said they'd forgotten to order the V5 from London - which is apparently where they're all held. I can't be doing with incompetence like that - you sell a car, you need the V5. Still, at least they were honest. As compensation they've said I can keep the tax disc in my old car (worth about £80) as it was originally part of the deal and I can collect it anytime from tues - I'll have to go wednesday cos I'm working on tues. They did offer to bring it to me but part of the fun is collecting it. So I'm angry and p****d off but c'est la vie.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links