Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Engine Conversion Beams In A Is200

kris_t

yeah thats ok if you know some 1 who has got the knowlegde and time but i dont know anyone

If you can get to a big LOC meet, i expect it can be fitted! Basic tools only required.

Failing that, any good mechanic should be able to do it in around 5 hours i would have thought.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well iv got to say the people on this site are gr8 thank you

just got to find tte charder then were away

If you have £2k plus waiting, there should be one to be found. Well worth it mate!

IMHO, it makes the car as quick as it should have been in the first place!

is300s are all auto and like my manual

was thinking it would be a easy job

and altezza are to basic

my be super charger then but herd lots of horror stories

Can't say as I've heard of any....

What have you heard?

I have an orig intercooler if anyone wants one

Mite be interested just so i can then get hold of a belt, and the pipes to sell it as a kit again?

Or if i get another lex instead of a new Audi A4 like my dad keeps suggesting!!

I can put the charger on again :D :D will find out in the week as insurance are draggin there feet a bit!

Tom.

I imagined that a supercharger installation would be hellishly complicated. I would never have believed that you could fit it in a field in a few hours at a car show if I hadn't seen it for myself !

Kris, I'm a real dummy when it comes to working on mechanical stuff on cars, but I reckon that even I could do a lot of that supercharger install myself. With some help from the great LOC people here I'm sure you could do it too. Or any decent mechanic would have no problem. The kit looks like it's been designed as an easy aftermarket bolt-on.

well ill give it a go

can any body give me a quick run down of wos involved

will the car need ecu remap?

will it cause any warning lights to come on on the dash ?

how will it effect emissions for mot?

you get all instructions in the kit mate,and a mini kind of ecu thing which just connects to the standard ecu.

apart from that its all plain sailing well should be :winky:

If you can't get hold of a supercharger, then why don't you buy an Altezza RS200 and spec it to an IS200 (interior etc). Do a search for Mr Singh's Altezza- he bought an Altezza and spec'd it as an IS200- man that was one beautiful car.

well ill give it a go

can any body give me a quick run down of wos involved

will the car need ecu remap?

will it cause any warning lights to come on on the dash ?

how will it effect emissions for mot?

Doesnt effect the emissions, it recommended you remove the precats from the exhaust manifold as sometimes they break up and get blown down your exhaust. but its not essential.

No warning lights will come on, and you cant remap the standard ECU, but you get a little black chip what has four wires.

One for power, one to earth, then the other two go inbetween your airflow input wire from your MAP sensor, It just fools the main ecu into thinking theres less air than there actually is at full boost to stop the car hitting the fuel cut.

Stav

loosing power destroying engines

complete load of bullshi.... there has been 1 or 2 cases when an engine went pop but cause wasnt really ceertain, there have been other cases by a "tuner" when the piston made an appearance outside the block but they kit was ****** bout with and said mapping from said "tuner" has caused problems on lots of other cars not just the IS.

If you leave the kit as is then dont expect any probs except maybe the piggy back ecu dying but just replace it with a HKS FCD for under £100.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links