Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Luck Goes From Bad To Worse - Part 2!

Ok guys just out for a little drive up to Tesco on a rare nice day, pull into a junction behind some prick in a BMW and he stops in front of me then reverses into the front of my Lex (I ONLY JUST WASHED AND POLISHED IT YESTERDAY!!!!) while i'm stationary.

Do you know what the ironic thing is?, I got his details and his card says he's a comedy hypnotist I mean honestly is there a hidden camera somewhere?

Here's the damage (unfortunately as the car is clean and it's sunny pics haven't come out that well) so to some up the damage:

- split the plastic mount on the headlight (it's a JDM so very rare)

- scratch half of the front bumper

- cracked number plate

Pics :

DSCF2655.jpg

DSCF2657.jpg

DSCF2656.jpg

Luckily I have a friend who witnessed the whole thing, now for those of you new to the forums only last month I had my car vandalised by a youth and a lighter scratching 4 panels a week out from JAE!!!

A extremely PI!*ED off

Dan

Haha true that, will be getting some quotes tomorow from a garage then give him a call see if he wants to settle for cash out of insurance for a little bit less ;). Problem is that the headlight ideally needs replacing but if someone can source a JDM headlight from somewhere they are considerably better than me :P

That's pretty bad, his insurance picking everything up? Hope it gets sorted soon...........bit of a pain with the headlight especially as they're JDM ones, they're really badly designed as the slightest knock and that mounting breaks

I had the same thing happen to me once (with some moron reversing into me at a junction), wasn't so lucky though as firstly it wrote off the front bumper, and then found out he was a stupid pole with no insurance and lied about his name and address :angry:

Ended up £500 out of pocket from that one :tsktsk: :crybaby:

hmm don't see many Mat, all be it I may not be looking in the right areas.

Yeah Paul things aren't going well, shall be getting a quote from a dealer for insurance purposes but if he decides to settle privately I shall get the work done through Kelv :) (again) he will be wishing he never met me haha :)

A comedy hypnotist?

Look into my eyes, the eyes. Don't look around the eyes don't look around the eyes look into my eyes - you're under. :lol:

"I did not, I repeat did not reverse blindly into you making myself look a complete ******. 3-2-1 your back in the room"

Dan it was worth you having more bad luck just for the joy of reading this :lol:

will that affect my no claims though purvesh? I'm going to be trying to get it settled privately first :), popping into my local garage to get a quote today and will speak to the guy in the BMW tonight and see which way he wants to play it.

No mate, it's for all non-fault claims, so it won't affect your NCB. My uncle goto pimp around in a top spec IS250 for a couple of weeks!

Why do you want to go privately? You may only think it's a scratch on the bumper, but you mind find there's stress marks on the reverse side. On even a 'high spot' where he hit (look from the side...)

Because potentially I could be better off as I have a friend that can do the work ;), from speaking with one of the other members on here who works for a insurance company, he said my NCB might not be affected however my premium may be affected? Would this be the case with swift or is that purely if I go through insurance.

**UPDATE**

Ok guys, just thought I would share in my trials and tribulations. So far with the help of maddy, I have contacted a claims company regarding my car and they have spoken with the BMW drivers insurance company he has admitted full fault and liability, I have a assessor coming out to inspect my car this afternoon.

So hopefully after this my car should be booked in for repair and to have everything settled :), also might have a bumper and headlight coming up for sale if I can blag the repair company to let me have it back :D

Dan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links