Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Talk Me Out Of Buying A Gs300

doog442

had one of these as a courtesy car last year,wife loved it,kids loved it...I loved it but always thought i could never quite stretch to one...

and this pops up...

http://www.allapprovedcars.com/CarFullScre...px?Id=502061915

thats half price from new in 2 years 4 months with only 22k on the clock,chop in the 200 and its hopefully within range and would make a welcome addition to my mortgage :whistling:

Against

1. go on tell me its a girly colour

2. That interior is slightly girly isnt it?

3. Someone go and buy it QUICK

4. Tell me servicing costs are HUGE

5. MPG is a nightmare i daresay

For

1. If im paying over £400 tax next year why not pay it to drive that?

2. That colours okay actually

3. I dont have to worry about MPG i commute on a bike so its gonna be a weekend car right

4. The wife likes it

I would prefer a dark grey but bloody hell are prices dropping or what? What are they going for privately?

That's gorgeous, I wouldn't talk you out of buying it!!! The GS has really grown on me :) Especially with that interior trim too, that's really to my taste :)

Only downside will be either a bad trade-in value on the IS200, or if you sell privately it might take a while :(

That's gorgeous, I wouldn't talk you out of buying it!!! The GS has really grown on me :) Especially with that interior trim too, that's really to my taste :)

Only downside will be either a bad trade-in value on the IS200, or if you sell privately it might take a while :(

reality kicks in : the dreaded part ex :crybaby:

A 90 mile round trip to be told my IS200 is worth peanuts doesnt really appeal... :(

i love the car i had one last year aswell hired one out for my sisters weddings. its just a beauty. if it wasnt a group 17 insurance i would have bought the model before that one. for a 3.0 returning the aprox same mpg as the is200. u get more luxary and power.

i say you

DO IT !

put your car up on pistonheads eBay everywhere it will go. the is200 is in depamd amoung young drivers (22-25) at the moment because they have droped so much in price.

Nah, it's rubbish. You wouldn't like it at all... Nice colour though, they look really nice in the metal and I really like the contrasting light colour interior. Deep red with cream interiour is very nearly as nice as deep blue with cream.

PS -Get a 430 one, that's got a proper engine in it!

Plus a little work:

body-kit-lexus-gs-300-350-430-450h-ings-lx-sport.jpg

That is a monstrosity and looks totally awful :sick:. Whoever ruined that GS should be mocked for all eternity.

On the up side, the one you're looking it is nice - that is one of the nicest colours I think. Try selling your car privately, but don't expect much more than a part ex value in all honesty - people don't want them.

I would buy that GS if I were you. But then if I was you then you'd be me and you'd sell your IS and buy a Volvo lol!

I dont think you all understood... you were meant to talk me out of getting it :P

Lexus Hedge end tomorrow then :whistling:

(same dealership that offered me a straight 4K off any NEW Lexus)... the GS isnt new but clearly they want to shift cars..end of the month as well... you never know!

I can very easily talk you out of buying a GS300. Compare the prices of them against the LS430 and the LS makes more sense. Bigger engine and more gadgets that you could point a sore finger at. Bigger engine, well, bigger everything.

P.S. I do really like the GS but have a go in an LS430 and you'll see what I mean.

QUICK UPDATE

Went to another dealer (closer) who had a 55 plate GS300 for £16,700 and a 06 for £20 K

I was offered 5K part ex for my 53reg IS200 with 52k on clock against either.I didnt haggle just wanted an idea of what mine was worth! so may get more with my serious head on.

HOWEVER:

Having recd an offer of £4000 off the price of any new luxus from the original dealer,my local dealer said they would match it on an IS250 and give me £4500 for mine as well.

I cannot run to a new GS300 however, so the prospect of a new IS250 auto now appeals. This 4K off a price of a new Lexus is no big deal as drivethedeal.com can match that.

What do you think of the part ex figures....Parkers quote £5800 for mine on 40k mileage, dont know what glass's quote..so with a bit of negotiation I may source a new IS250 for mine plus £16K which is just about doeable for me . Clearly I could try and sell it privately but trying to shift it could be a mare

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links