Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Electrics Problems

yeah these forums really come in handy i used to be in the STowners club before i had the lex, so i know all about finding that perfect little piece of information when you really most need it from the people who know the most :P

Still gotta solve the problem of the gages and window lock mystery though :sad:

well the simple thing seems to be the gauges power supply are wired to one of the window supplies. as when you push the window power button its as simple as de-energises a relay to the stop the power getting to the other windows. Possibly trace it back from the gauges, disconnect the live (probably a red wire) and connect it to something else like the ECU switched live, or even something as simple as the radio switched live.

Stav

right i got in the car this morning started it up and as i rolled backwards the TRC control light and the VCL light illuminated and the engine management light is still on as well. all three shone at me from behind the wheel like they were ambushing me first thing in the morning! so i turned the car off then went to start it up again the start was very rough and only just managed to get going so i jumped out and drove my mums horrible clio to work. what a great start to the week! :(

would just the o2 sensor cause all these other lights to come on as well???

please help!

right i got in the car this morning started it up and as i rolled backwards the TRC control light and the VCL light illuminated and the engine management light is still on as well. all three shone at me from behind the wheel like they were ambushing me first thing in the morning! so i turned the car off then went to start it up again the start was very rough and only just managed to get going so i jumped out and drove my mums horrible clio to work. what a great start to the week! :(

would just the o2 sensor cause all these other lights to come on as well???

please help!

Not sure how to re-set the ECU on the is300, but disconnect your Battery for 1/2 hr to re-set your ECU :D if this works, you should have no lights on the dash :D

Stav is right - whoever installed it tapped off the power feed shutoff supply to the windows. Easy mistake, probably just metering for a switched live and found this.

You need to run a new switched live to your gauges/gauge controller.

Stav is right - whoever installed it tapped off the power feed shutoff supply to the windows. Easy mistake, probably just metering for a switched live and found this.

You need to run a new switched live to your gauges/gauge controller.

That bit was easy, even for me :D

coolio i'll try disco'ing the Battery for at least 30minutes this afternoon when i get home and i'll look under the car to see if i can see the sensor hanging like tyrone mentioned earlier, and from the diagram that was provided by aztec i'll check all the conections for the sensors re-seat them and see what happens, wish me luck lol :rolleyes:

speaking to a work mate this morning about why it wouldn't start properly he said it was probably due to the car over fueling due to the sensor not working will this resolve itself when i get a new sensor or do i have to flush the fuel line or anything specific??

coolio i'll try disco'ing the battery for at least 30minutes this afternoon when i get home and i'll look under the car to see if i can see the sensor hanging like tyrone mentioned earlier, and from the diagram that was provided by aztec i'll check all the conections for the sensors re-seat them and see what happens, wish me luck lol :rolleyes:

speaking to a work mate this morning about why it wouldn't start properly he said it was probably due to the car over fueling due to the sensor not working will this resolve itself when i get a new sensor or do i have to flush the fuel line or anything specific??

Yep you mate is prob right mate, good luck with it all :D

Ps, you dont have to flush the fuel line :D just the looo after number 2 :lol:

right i've had the Battery off for most of the afternoon, and i just been out to the car to reconect it all up, and ALL THE LIGHTS ARE NOW OFF YAYAY!!! i took her for a little run around the block but when i put my foot down the pickoff is very sluggish, anyone know why this would be? would it be the fuel mixture as the car has to learn it all again, even tho the air/fuel ratio gage was reading normal and also whats the best way of letting the ecu relearn all it needs to know? and i gotta set up my head unit again!! lol all fun and games :)

...don't worry - the lights will come back on again.

Silly to say this but you need to find out what's wrong and replace the faulty part.

...you can in the meantine clean everything from intake manifold internals inc throttle body (carb cleaner spray), plugs, and any breather pipes etc - as it won't do any harm.

Good luck

jack

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links