Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sports Cat

cho

more info @ links Stav ?

Just this place mate: http://www.westgatetyres.co.uk/index.asp

Local Powerflow exhaust maker.

Just told them what i wanted, we got it on the ramp, i agreed with them what they needed to do and left it with them for a few hours. job done.

I've got a picture somewhere i'll find it now.

Stav

Here you go:

decatlabelled.jpg

Just to the left is where the manifolds two banks join to one then the cuts been made.

The cat has also been modified so it has a fanned end on, so i undo the flange and exhaust clamp. Refit the cat and send her off for MOT.

Stav

Had a chat to my MOT place and they answered all my questions.

A car does not have to have a CAT to pass the MOT, they can't fail it if it is not there (not my words but the MOT place). BUT the car will not be able to reach the emmissions level required if it does not have one.

So you can remove either the 2 manifold ones and leave the main one in or remove the main one and hope the 2 manifold ones are up to the job.

Or remove the manifold ones and put a sports cat in, which is the route I will go with mine.

Powerflow want £200 fitted for a 200 cell sports cat. So cheaper than the prolex one at over (just!) £300 unfitted.

mine goes in next Tuesday, I will be looking for a std. manifold to strip the cats from and add clear pipes. Then all modding done till next year.

• 2 months later...
And a plain decat pipe (also from powerflow) including standard Cat moded to bolt back in was £100.

Suppose it saves the hassle though

If I keep my car next year I'll be doing this an asking Powerflow, i want it so I can put it all back to stock afterwards.. got them to do a smiliar thing from the cat to the back box :)

So Stav is your system just straight through all the way now, did powerflow go from the manifold to the cat? Then take out the cat etc?

• 1 month later...
And a plain decat pipe (also from powerflow) including standard Cat moded to bolt back in was £100.

Suppose it saves the hassle though

If I keep my car next year I'll be doing this an asking Powerflow, i want it so I can put it all back to stock afterwards.. got them to do a smiliar thing from the cat to the back box :)

So Stav is your system just straight through all the way now, did powerflow go from the manifold to the cat? Then take out the cat etc?

Hi, if you take out the 2 pre-cats what do you do with the lamda probes that are in front and behind the pre-cats? I'm thinking of taking off my pre-cats and want to know whats involved. I have a IS300 by the way! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links