Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Look What I Got While They Decide The Fate Of My Car

Chris.S

How have you been finding it? I had a C180 as a hire car in Spain a few months ago and I really liked it. There were a few niggles, the auto transmission was awful (and that's an understatement), the 4 speed box in my IS200 which I think is poor was miles better. Also the indicator stalk was too low (a trait of all mercs that I've never quite understood) but other than that I really enjoyed driving it............

Bizarre thing (that's probably just me) but I thought it felt a lot like the mk1 IS..........both in interior and exterior appearance, and also in the way it drove :)

Very nice, what insurance company are you with!?!?!?!

I like those, especially the ones with the sport grill, they look stunning.

my policy is underwritten by europa but a company on behalf of them called driver assist have sent me the car, all goes on the other blokes bill

I thought Merc auto boxes were meant to be super smooth?

Normally they are, the 7G tronic box in our CLS is fantastic, the 5 speed box in the C180 I drove was awful..........the kickdown was so leisurely that by the time it finally did it you didn't need it anymore, and if you put it in sport mode, it would simply hang on to gears for way too long, even if you're just feathering the throttle.

Not a good gearbox at all, I wouldn't buy one............did like the car though, so would just have to buy one of the bigger V6 engines with the 7 speed box instead! :P

I thought Merc auto boxes were meant to be super smooth?

Normally they are, the 7G tronic box in our CLS is fantastic, the 5 speed box in the C180 I drove was awful..........the kickdown was so leisurely that by the time it finally did it you didn't need it anymore, and if you put it in sport mode, it would simply hang on to gears for way too long, even if you're just feathering the throttle.

Not a good gearbox at all, I wouldn't buy one............did like the car though, so would just have to buy one of the bigger V6 engines with the 7 speed box instead! :P

I had a CLK280 (V6 Petrol) on a 2007 reg with the 7 speed transmission.... and all i can say is how glad i am to be back in my lexus!!!

It was too grabby and as you said holds onto each gear too long... and boy do you know your changing gear.. and the engine braking in the first two.. for example flooring it to get out into a road due to a gap in traffic.. when you let off you think your gonna go through the window!! lol

I had a CLK280 (V6 Petrol) on a 2007 reg with the 7 speed transmission.... and all i can say is how glad i am to be back in my lexus!!!

It was too grabby and as you said holds onto each gear too long... and boy do you know your changing gear.. and the engine braking in the first two.. for example flooring it to get out into a road due to a gap in traffic.. when you let off you think your gonna go through the window!! lol

Interesting that you're unhappy with the 7 speed box.............seems there may be some QC issues then still at MB............

Our 7 speeder is fine, only complaint I have is that it shifts into 1st when slowing to a junction which always provides a minor jerk - I can understand in sport mode but it does it in comfort mode too which I can't really see the point of.........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links