Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

just been to Halfords to get new wiper blades for my ls400,

not in the flipbook so i asked the 12 year old on the till, he put my car details into computer and told me they are a special order,

ok i said tell me the price ............. £9.95 his reply, i asked each ? he replied oh you want two ? !!!

i explained as basically i could that the car has two wipers so yes please young man i would like to buy two !

he played on his computer then told me as its not a common car they will have to order it. ...... it i asked ? yes he said it.. we can only get you the drivers side one we dont supply the passenger side one.

ok ok get me the manager,

manager comes over and plays on computer then tells me the boy is right. they can only get me the drivers side one.

i think this is a very strange situation ?? looked at them on evilbay the sellers state different sizes for my 1996 ls400.

anyone know the correct size ? and has anyone experienced this at the largest car accessory chain in the country ???

just been to halfords to get new wiper blades for my ls400,

not in the flipbook so i asked the 12 year old on the till, he put my car details into computer and told me they are a special order,

ok i said tell me the price ............. £9.95 his reply, i asked each ? he replied oh you want two ? !!!

i explained as basically i could that the car has two wipers so yes please young man i would like to buy two !

he played on his computer then told me as its not a common car they will have to order it. ...... it i asked ? yes he said it.. we can only get you the drivers side one we dont supply the passenger side one.

manager comes over and plays on computer then tells me the boy is right. they can only get me the drivers side one.

i think this is a very strange situation ?? looked at them on evilbay the sellers state different sizes for my 1996 ls400.

anyone know the correct size ? and has anyone experienced this at the largest car accessory chain in the country ???

22" and 15" blades, you need www.wiperbades.co.uk great service and cheaper than Halfords ( bosch ) :)

Go on to www.speeding.co.uk and get yourself PIAA Wipers you wont regret it mate.

Best wipers I have ever used

I had this prob on my 1996 LS and ended up going to Lexus. Bit costly, but they are very quiet in operation. Peace of mind is worth a bit, too.

I bought mine on Fleabay and they sent the wrong sizes but did send me the correct ones eventually.

They are Bosch ones and fitting was fine and operation good generally but they squeal something awful when there isn't much water on the screen especially on intermittant wipe.

I don't know how good these "flat" blades are but will go for genuine Toyota next time.

Just thought,I had a Citroen C15 van a while ago and this did have only one wiper as standard so I may go into Halfords and see if I can obtain both sides! :whistling:

I bought some cheap flat blade ones off eBay ages ago for mine and they squeeked like hell as well so I threw them out and bought some standard Bosch ones, they were fine but I'm fussey about a streeky screen and they were starting to wear so I bought some Bosch flat blade ones from eBay, they didn't have any listed for a 430 but they are 16' and 24'... funnily enough the same size blades as my wifes 2007 Yaris so I ordered a set of them....

Found out why they don't list them for the 430... with the pantograph wiper on the drivers side you can't close the flip top wiper securing thingymebob... as the wiper is held from the side as well as the arm.... anyway 3 seconds with a stanley to remove a bit of plastic and I now have the best wipers I have ever had on a car.... perfect sweep, no squeeling even on a dry screen, no wobbling or lifting at speed... all very good

So I can recomend the Bosch flat blade ones

I think my car is getting upset.... that's Bosch wipers and Battery now.... I't will think its a Merc soon and start going wrong every other day :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Pete

just been to halfords to get new wiper blades for my ls400,

thats why they give away free trade cards because they have never have parts in stock :whistling:

all the best luck neil

I bought mine on Fleabay and they sent the wrong sizes but did send me the correct ones eventually.

They are Bosch ones and fitting was fine and operation good generally but they squeal something awful when there isn't much water on the screen especially on intermittant wipe.

I don't know how good these "flat" blades are but will go for genuine Toyota next time.

Just thought,I had a Citroen C15 van a while ago and this did have only one wiper as standard so I may go into halfords and see if I can obtain both sides! :whistling:

I have Bosch wipers on mine and they squeal badly when the screen is almost dry as well - It's an awful sound as well isn't it?

I bought Bosch assuming these would be the best - A friend of mine has exactly the same problem with them on his Range Rover.

I won't be buying them again.

..I had a Citroen C15 van a while ago and this did have only one wiper as standard so I may go into halfords and see if I can obtain both sides! :whistling:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know how good these "flat" blades are

The Bosch ones are very good IMO

I bought some cheap flat blade ones off ebay ages ago for mine and they squeeked like hell as well so I threw them out
....anyway 3 seconds with a stanley to remove a bit of plastic and I now have the best wipers I have ever had on a car.... perfect sweep, no squeeling even on a dry screen, no wobbling or lifting at speed... all very good

Me too :D

Wipers.jpg

I have the Bosch Aerotwin Flat Blade Wipers on mine, superb in my book, I do know of a couple of people

who have bought cheaper copies from E-Bay and have had problems (one of which was a wiper going

walkies in use at around 70mph and the arm leaving a big scratch across the screen before they could be stopped) :o

mine were £4 each from tesco for flat bladed ones. easily fitted and no noise from them at all. Halfords is a waste of time unless you want fluffy dice or a simpsons air freshener. there are plenty of other motor factor places about nowadays without bothering that lot

just my opinion

I agree haven't been in Halfords for years what I tend to do now is keep looking on eBay and when I see for example a genuine Toyota/Lexus oil filter I buy it for future use.

A local discount "open all hours" type shop has Texaco Havoline 10w40 fully synthetic oil in once or twice a year for around £12.00 for 5 litres so I buy 2 for the 6 monthly service.

This way I save money but still get genuine/quality products to help towards the petrol costs.

mine were £4 each from tesco for flat bladed ones. easily fitted and no noise from them at all. halfords is a waste of time unless you want fluffy dice or a simpsons air freshener. there are plenty of other motor factor places about nowadays without bothering that lot

just my opinion

So Tesco sell wiper blades, what's next "Tesco Value Lexus Dealer" :whistling:

..I had a Citroen C15 van a while ago and this did have only one wiper as standard so I may go into halfords and see if I can obtain both sides! :whistling:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know how good these "flat" blades are

The Bosch ones are very good IMO

I bought some cheap flat blade ones off ebay ages ago for mine and they squeeked like hell as well so I threw them out
....anyway 3 seconds with a stanley to remove a bit of plastic and I now have the best wipers I have ever had on a car.... perfect sweep, no squeeling even on a dry screen, no wobbling or lifting at speed... all very good

Me too :D

Wipers.jpg

I have the Bosch Aerotwin Flat Blade Wipers on mine, superb in my book, I do know of a couple of people

who have bought cheaper copies from E-Bay and have had problems (one of which was a wiper going

walkies in use at around 70mph and the arm leaving a big scratch across the screen before they could be stopped) :o

I've got the Bosch Aerotwin retrofit blades on my Nissan Micra but I have been told by wiperblades.co.uk that Bosch don't make them for the LS430. :crybaby:

Speaking of the Bosh wipers, do not buy the ones with the air blade on top. I have one on my Lexus drivers side and it goes to far to the right and hits the side of the windscreen.

This has taken the lacker off over time.

I need some new wipers and will be buying the standard Bosh wipers next time.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a 22" flat blade assy from TESCO for £1:00 in the discounted bin, I thought it was worth a try for a oncer! Didnt put it on yet.

The original blade (long one) does not flex arounf the curve of the screen and misses everything LtoR and picks up 70% RtoL except for a streak 2" wide at exact eye level !!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the retro fit aero flat wipers from Aceparts.com on fleabay for less than £11, excellent quiet wipers and less than half the price for similar in Halfords and still cheaper by £4 than standard ones. Bought some for the wifes Fiesta which incidentally had Bosch on and are streaky less than 6 months after fitting, again a lot cheaper than Halfords. I would recommend them

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links