Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supportonclick.com

Tango

Anyone else had a telephone call from the Indian gentleman from supportonclick.com? He assured me he had received an error report from Microsoft that my PC was hanging and being slow and his company would fix it for me. Had my name and obviously telephone number but wouldn't tell me how he got them. Also told me I was running Vista, but I didn't correct him on that.

Obviously a marketing scam as he asked me to go into 'Run' and type in 'prefetch virous' to show me all the nasty trojons I had on my PC which could only be removed by one of their technicians...yea, as if :angry: . Thought I was rather polite in the circumstances as I told him I was much too busy to listen to him anymore and put the phone down.

I'd just tell them to eff off or if I had some free time would pretend I was dumbstruck and try and get them to talk me through finding everything and just pretend I was doing stuff wrong to wind them up!

Yep, same instructions, and same guy. Bringing up the prefetch data by requesting me to tag 'virus' to 'prefetch' was my suspicions confirmed moment, as firstly he spelt it spelt it 'virous', and secondly it's a superfluous instruction. He just wanted to con me into thinking I'd brought up a list of invasive files. I just wonder how many people he's suckered with his calls.

Slightly off topic, but still to do with scammers, I must get 4 phone calls a week on my landline telling me I've won holidays or someone's left an answer machine message and to return the call press 9 and all that other garbage! Scammers are always gonna be there and I guess you just have to be on your guard and trust no one!

we had a laugh when i had my business a few years ago, when they called we would ask them if we can put them on hold... then just leave them there and see how long we can keep them there for. Run a score board.. its great!

we had a laugh when i had my business a few years ago, when they called we would ask them if we can put them on hold... then just leave them there and see how long we can keep them there for. Run a score board.. its great!

Or the other option - ask if you can put them on hold - then turn on speakerphone and go to the toilet as loud as you can :lol:

Hate to admit it but I've done that in the past and the reaction when they realised what was going on was comical!

Slightly off topic, but still to do with scammers, I must get 4 phone calls a week on my landline telling me I've won holidays or someone's left an answer machine message and to return the call press 9 and all that other garbage! Scammers are always gonna be there and I guess you just have to be on your guard and trust no one!

not sure but you should register here:

Link

I did it for my parents and now i cant remeber the last time someone has rung to try to sell something.

Link

I did it for my parents and now i cant remeber the last time someone has rung to try to sell something.

Been registered on the TPS for years, unfortunately it only stops unsolicited calls originating in the UK. TPS doesn't stop international scammers, and this call originated in India. There's a rumour of legislation going through now to fix this anomoly, but seems to be taking an age to go through.

Or the other option - ask if you can put them on hold - then turn on speakerphone and go to the toilet as loud as you can :lol:

Hate to admit it but I've done that in the past and the reaction when they realised what was going on was comical!

Superb

Link

Ive been registered with them for a while but I still get jokers calling me

• 4 months later...

Hey I got a call from Supportonclick.com guys few days back. Asked me if my computer was running slow. I was being nagged by my computer's speed. I said yes. The guy was quite helpful and sorted out the problem in a few minutes. My machine has speeded up considerably now.

No idea about others, but I am impressed by the Supportonclick service. And I don't get one thing, if they offer quality service in return of money, how can they be regarded as scammers? they are not charging us for nothing.

Hey I got a call from Supportonclick.com guys few days back. Asked me if my computer was running slow. I was being nagged by my computer's speed. I said yes. The guy was quite helpful and sorted out the problem in a few minutes. My machine has speeded up considerably now.

No idea about others, but I am impressed by the Supportonclick service. And I don't get one thing, if they offer quality service in return of money, how can they be regarded as scammers? they are not charging us for nothing.

Yeh right, how dumb do think we are noob :lol:

:lol:

You have to admit that this is quite poor. Even I could do somthing better than this.

I don't have a problem with my computer as such, but do you think you could speed up my toaster?

Sorry for the sarcasm.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links