Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyless Remote Start

takwirira

mr police man will give you a fine and possibly some points but he has to catch you 1st. some alarms have this built in so the car is locked and alarmed even tho it is running and if it moves it immobilises and alarm goes off

wait its illegal for the car to be running with no one in it? i always leave my car running while i get out to go shut the gate to work, its 40 degrees outside and it takes a few minutes to close up properly dont want the A/C off >.<

yup, and insurance is void, imagine if your car got nicked and and you rang up n told em that you were havin a dump with the engine running!!

i know a lot of the alarms now have safety features so they cant be nicked and there safe but the law hasnt been changed to reflect that so i wouldnt take the risk at the mo.

also your meant to declare an alarm mod, my mate got a new alarm and his insurance went up! if you dont declare it (which u cant cus illegal) and you have a crash.......... bye bye insurance!

Well not being funny and dont take this the wrong way BUT

99.9% of remote starts will stop when the break pedal is pressed so they aint guna get very far.

40% or maybe more of the cars on here would not be covered by insurance because of the mods they have so dont worry about it just get it fitted.

remember most of the people that have done Xenon convertions are illegal cuz they do not have auto leveling so dont worry if you want it do it Fu :tsktsk: k the insurance companys they will do you in some way or another anyway.

And as for breaking the law im sure 98% of people on here speed, im sure some use their mobile phones when driving, Im sure they chance the amber light and go through red, some my even chance and drink and drive(BAD), some mite drive on by when the old lady is stood at the Zebra but life is far to short to worry about weather or not to have remote start. oh and there is window tint but lets not go there maybe another post/topic would be in order if we were guna go on the legality of that.

And if all eles fails dont tell the police or insurance company it was running simple and if they recover it tell them the thief fitted it not you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling:

:offtopic:

99.9% of remote starts will stop when the break pedal is pressed so they aint guna get very far.

40% or maybe more of the cars on here would not be covered by insurance because of the mods they have so dont worry about it just get it fitted.

remember most of the people that have done xenon convertions are illegal cuz they do not have auto leveling so dont worry if you want it do it Fu :tsktsk: k the insurance companys they will do you in some way or another anyway.

And as for breaking the law im sure 98% of people on here speed, im sure some use their mobile phones when driving, Im sure they chance the amber light and go through red, some my even chance and drink and drive(BAD), some mite drive on by when the old lady is stood at the Zebra but life is far to short to worry about weather or not to have remote start. oh and there is window tint but lets not go there maybe another post/topic would be in order if we were guna go on the legality of that.

And if all eles fails dont tell the police or insurance company it was running simple and if they recover it tell them the thief fitted it not you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling:

tru tru

So basically commit insurance fraud??

ins companies are not that stupid..

Aye, can see it now - "yes sir, they fitted the alloys, supercharger, tints, coilovers, exhaust and all the electronics in the 2 hours they had the car" :lol:

To be honest I would hope there aren't many people stupid enough not to inform their insurance companies what modifications they've done on their cars on this site!

It pisses me off as it just ends up pushing everyones policy up even more than it is already!

as long as you inform your insurance company of the alarm you have fitted they wont void your insurance it will prob drop it !even though the clifford allows you to start the car and run it is still a cat one!!the alarm will arm and the car will cut out soon as the throttle,brake or handbrake is used!(i had one in my mr2 amazing in the cold mornings)as for law wise it is a grey area the now because when the law refer to the car runnin they also refer to the keys being in the ignition!which they are not.(wifes a traffic cop)turbo timers are the same the car is locked and it is still runnin but does not affect or void insurance!

remember most of the people that have done xenon convertions are illegal cuz they do not have auto leveling so dont worry if you want it do it Fu :tsktsk: k the insurance companys they will do you in some way or another anyway.

have to say i dont agree with this post, i would be confident in saying the majority of people on here have declared there mods. As for the lights, the law is so unclear on the legality of them there really is no issue with them at the minute.

i agree with people speed, but again the majority of sensible drivers on here would do it in areas they are familiar with and where they know there are no cameras. I never hold the phone to my head as you never know whos watchin round the corner, and i would never purposly drive over a zebra as its just rude! All your examples are by choice and you can stop breaking the law at any point, by fitting an illegal mod you can never stop doing it, so if you have an accident, your buggered!

and umm i dont think i'd like to try n trick the insurance company, i can see that going to court and then finding out your bank statements buying the alarm and then FRAUD SQUAD!

Sorry if I upset some people here, but anyone who doesn't declare all their mods to their insurance company, or who tries to deceive them in some way, is being :iraqi-info-minister: .

i agree dude the funny thing is some of the mods people do(depending on company)will not affect your insurance like wheels suspension brakes etc. oviously s/c for all you lucky buggers who have one will affect your insurance.but it would be worth it!! :winky:

Sorry if I upset some people here, but anyone who doesn't declare all their mods to their insurance company, or who tries to deceive them in some way, is being :iraqi-info-minister: .

Don't worry about upsetting them, if they're doing it then they're like this fella:

tithead.jpg

A tithead :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links