Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much!

Wez

Out of curiosity i emailed my local lexus dealer to get a price for a new 6-cd changer cd / radio /tape player.

I was expecting around the £400 mark.

Guess how much? go on!

£1766.76

I nearly choked on my lunch.

I even phoned them up to make sure it wasent a typo. Its not!!

STUPIDLY OVER PRICED FOR AN OUT OF DATE PIECE OF EQUIPTMENT THAT WILL SURELY FAIL SOON ENOUGH.

CANT WAIT FOR MINE TO FAIL SO I CAN GO AFTRMARKET

Has your caps lock key failed too mate :P

Some of the prices are crazy. One reason I got my IS200 was that it wasn't 100% mint (but probably average for 4yr old car), but I thought I could buy a few bits of interior trim and sort it out myself.

I asked for the leather gear and handbrake boots at a Lexus dealer, they wanted £80 and £100 respectively. After driving an MG where parts are cheap I was a bit taken aback.

I'm not really trying to justify that sort of price for a head unit, but bear in mind that it's a specific unit designed for the IS200. So not exactly going to sell in large quantities as a spare part. At the end of the day it's a complex box of electronics, and costs a lot new from Lexus just like any other complex box of electronics in the car.

Much better idea to buy a nice aftermarket unit.

Don't wait for your OEM head unit to fail, get an aftermarket unit anyway, you'll be pleased you did ! :D

i will do soon enough, just cart warrent spending all that cash when there is nothing wrong at the min.

STUPIDLY OVER PRICED FOR AN OUT OF DATE PIECE OF EQUIPTMENT THAT WILL SURELY FAIL SOON ENOUGH.

hey I know it's :offtopic: but that had me in stitches Aido :yahoo:

Anyway the simple answer is buy a fabulous aftermarket Head Unit with Navigation for much less

and that will play DVD's too !! (plus also buy the Facia & Bypass Lead)

hey I know it's :offtopic: but that had me in stitches Aido :yahoo:

If that had you in stitches u need to get out more? are you german?

Out of curiosity i emailed my local lexus dealer to get a price for a new 6-cd changer cd / radio /tape player.

Guess how much? go on!

£1766.76

I got a replacement Lexus one off eBay for £100 delivered and fitted myself, hasn't let me down after 2 years, have a look on eBay and see if theres any

Guess how much? go on!

£1766.76

I got a replacement Lexus one off eBay for £100 delivered and fitted myself, hasn't let me down after 2 years, have a look on eBay and see if theres any

Its trying to find one with the same 5 digit number as mine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links