Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200tt Project

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( no go for Sunday i'm afraid.

he's doing his best but just not enough hours in the day, sorry everyone tomorrows mini meet is cancelled.

The conversion isnt as simple as well al first thought. theres various bits that need modding here and there that you'd never expect.

Gonna be Tuesday its all in, exhaust, solid intercooler pipes etc. Then its waiting on the Mapper same as Yeldarb's.

Hopefully Friday afternoon/evening. then its ready for the rolling road day on the saturday.

Stav

:( no go for Sunday i'm afraid.

he's doing his best but just not enough hours in the day, sorry everyone tomorrows mini meet is cancelled.

The conversion isnt as simple as well al first thought. theres various bits that need modding here and there that you'd never expect.

Gonna be Tuesday its all in, exhaust, solid intercooler pipes etc. Then its waiting on the Mapper same as Yeldarb's.

Hopefully Friday afternoon/evening. then its ready for the rolling road day on the saturday.

Stav

Gutted for you mate, I know how your feeling at the moment. Lets have a mini meet next week and I will (with luck) bring mine up also.

Shame it's been delayed, but no harm in a few more days knowing it'll be perfect when it arrives - fingers crossed there'll be no more holdups though as you must be itching to get behind the wheel :)

Best to take the time & get it done right first time, but I can imagine that your very excited lol..

Some serious stuff here. Great work! Can I ask for a 'ball park' figure on the money this has cost to date?

Well done - like your video's too

Phil

Ball park is just the wrong side £4.5k.

Was 3.5 to start but i wanted a full custom exhaust as well. So that was another £700 for a full 3" stainless system. Then a few other bits were needed i didnt expect (clutch, radiator, and a couple of other bits)

Stav

So is the wedding postponed for a year or so ???

Well done mate bet you cant wait.

How much petrol do you think you will use to come up to mine now ??

no mate, still going ahead next July, weve paid deposits on the church and reception, etc, shes got her dress and a few other bits and bobs. Just keep putting money in the wedding account to keep her happy :lol:

Dont know about petrol mate, though if i turn the boost right down i dont see it being too bad.

Stav

No go this weekend :(

They're still there now (just spoke to him on the phone) finishing off the wiring.

But the mapper cant work this weekend so its gonna be Tuesday :(

pretty down about it, but want it right.

Going to see it on Saturday to refit my stereo etc (that i took out to put in the Saab) so that its just jump in and drive on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Will take some pics then

Stav

as long as you get it back perfect.

stav was that 4.5k including the engine.

how muich brake do you think its going to be sitting at?

all the best mate.

as long as you get it back perfect.

stav was that 4.5k including the engine.

how muich brake do you think its going to be sitting at?

all the best mate.

Yeah including the engine mate, and should be about 300bhp.

Sorry to hear that mate, but it'll be worth the wait :)

:offtopic: sorry its a no go for me on the RR mate, :crybaby:

not a problem fella, obviously no go for me either

Same boat as me Stav. I was so looking forward to getting the IS back.

Same here mate, i was properly down last night and this morning about it.

but like i said going to see her tomorrow so will get lots of pics etc.

This is one i have now:

engine.jpg

Stav

Well its costing me 4.5K but i couldnt say it'd cost that again.

Like Yeldarbs swap its a first time one off and he'd prob have to rethink the price on the amount of work he's done.

I'll talk to him tomorrow about it.

stav

Its been mentioned a few times in the thread. but a company called Silverline Racing

sorry stav. how much the engine is capable without a engine rebuild.

Popped over to meet up with Stav earlier and have a nosey at his Lex, :D Going to be a serious motor that when sorted, the engine really fills the engine bay and looks almost factory fitted and some quality work gone into the conversion B) Cant wait to see it out on the road now :D

:offtopic: Thanks for the air intake mate and i'll have a look into that gauge setup for you, and see what i can come up with :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links