Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Here...

the ad clearly states they are brand new but they clearly aren't. You should be reimbuirsed some money IMHO as the item was not sold as described and what makes it worse is that dave knew that to be the case!

Its people like that that really grate on me as it lures potential buyers into a false sense of security. what else on that web site is not 'as described'.

on the upside, i'm sure s/c works fine (although as gord said, i'd be tempted to open it up etc and check it all out), but its not what you would expect for more than £2k!!! my s/c looks almost as good as new!! not a mark on it.....

out of interest, the s/c's that a few of us have from the prolex bulk buy a year or so back - are they the Mk1 version, or the Mk2?? I seem to remember the 2 'missing' pipes (that aren't missing as asi has a mk 1 kit) being fitted to mine???

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ad clearly states they are brand new but they clearly aren't. You should be reimbuirsed some money IMHO as the item was not sold as described and what makes it worse is that dave knew that to be the case!

Its people like that that really grate on me as it lures potential buyers into a false sense of security. what else on that web site is not 'as described'.

on the upside, i'm sure s/c works fine (although as gord said, i'd be tempted to open it up etc and check it all out), but its not what you would expect for more than £2k!!! my s/c looks almost as good as new!! not a mark on it.....

out of interest, the s/c's that a few of us have from the prolex bulk buy a year or so back - are they the Mk1 version, or the Mk2?? I seem to remember the 2 'missing' pipes (that aren't missing as asi has a mk 1 kit) being fitted to mine???

I can only see the difference in MK1 & MK2 being the pipes mate, as the charger is made by Eaton :D

Well the kit you had Rob, was in the TTE box, it may have well sat in storage for may may years, as im sure it did by the amount of dust that was on the box's when I/me collected then.

But the fact remains the at least one kit is not BRAND NEW, clearly been used at some point, making it 2nd hand, and as you say, not as described.

I just got a reply from the German buyer. He told me that his kit consists of both new and used parts. The pipes seems to be new and the supercharger is definitely used. I'm sure my charger will turn out to be used as well. It will be interesting to see if my pipes are the mk1 ones or new.

my question was asking whether the pipework i have would be the mk1 or the mk2....anyone know?? not that it makes any difference, just interested to know.

i seem to remember the 2 intercooler elbow pipes being fitted though, so would make it mk2??

got a email back from markus today. he says the kit were mounted to cars but never used.... and patrik i dont think the pipes would make a big difference.

why would they be fitted to a car, never used and end up looking like that??

my question was asking whether the pipework i have would be the mk1 or the mk2....anyone know?? not that it makes any difference, just interested to know.

i seem to remember the 2 intercooler elbow pipes being fitted though, so would make it mk2??

got a email back from markus today. he says the kit were mounted to cars but never used.... and patrik i dont think the pipes would make a big difference.

exactly what i was thinking.

well i asked markus for a refund now lets see what he says. he goes the kit he got from were mounted to cars but never used nd the supercharger looks as good as new and asked me to send him pics of mine.

I think he means that if they are fitted to a car they are ofcourse used and therefor looking that way..... If they all are used/fitted even for 5 minutes they are not new, my point of view. Honesty is very important!

I hope the buyers and sellers work this out so everones happy!

Yours was the MK2 mate :D

I think he means that if they are fitted to a car they are ofcourse used and therefor looking that way..... If they all are used/fitted even for 5 minutes they are not new, my point of view. Honesty is very important!

I hope the buyers and sellers work this out so everones happy!

i know what he means now as he edited his post later mate. i hope the seller works this out,

exactly what i was thinking.

What ever the case, fitted used or not, they have not been looked after at all, and should never have been sold AS BRAND NEW :o

Poor Markus might be in the same boat as you lot you know, as he just might have bought them of Dave (Prolex) as brand new, not knowing any difference, then coming back from Japan to all this **** :o

got a reply back from markus and he says the kit are new as there is no oil in the pipes and intercooler and the oil in the charger is due to storage and hes happily to refund me money as long as i send him the kit back.

its really simple to me..

new is new, sealed boxes, never been fitted. 'maybe' in some cases the outer box may be opened to check all parts are there but certainly not fitted or stored outside of the factory sealed.

This is not new and certainly is showing more than storage dust! the bolts are rusty and there is surface corrosion!!

Let's be realistic though guys, these parts are pretty hard to come by. Maybe ask for a discount to reflect the condition of them. I don't know exactly how much was paid, but you can't get them new, so you have to ask yourself how much the item is realistically worth.

i know where you cmming from stevie.

just read thru the whole thread and cant believe whats going on tbh....asi I really feel for u mate and as everyone else is saying....that defo aint no "new" kit....judging by the amount of corrosion on the charger itself its defo used I think and i'm guessing that the surface could also begin to look like this due to heat build up on the charger and it then cooling down again etc...

hope it all works out mate but if i were u i'd return it and get ur money back.

Let's be realistic though guys, these parts are pretty hard to come by. Maybe ask for a discount to reflect the condition of them. I don't know exactly how much was paid, but you can't get them new, so you have to ask yourself how much the item is realistically worth.

That is true but if they would have been honest from the beggining this thread wouldn't exist. I suspect that we all want to know what we are buying..... used, new, broken or mint condition..... these type of surprises s*cks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links