Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Toys

Rabster

well today started off with Edeath poppping round for some tlc on his intercooler so we had that done in a few hours after we remade the mounts etc for it, once he left to head home it was time to strat on my car again

as some of you know i had a Sat nav unit and failed to get mine to power up so i got a nother unit from patrik in sweeden and this showed the same problems i have tried evrything on both screens to get it working, so after spending nearly 4 months on and off trying various options i came to the conclusion it would be more cost efeective to fit a after maret screen that would serve many purposes

• Car-Pc
    Reverse Camera
    Front camera
    HKS Camp2
    DVD Screen

so i decided upon a liliput screen, this was with out its problems i only had a MK1 sat nav (5.25" screen) so i ordered a 7" front plate from Lexus Parts Direct

arrived today.

I thought nothing about it as i figured the lids would be the same as well as all the other parts lid doesnt fit propperly so need to order the 7" screen lid oh well we learn from these things

so anyway on with the fitting

Lilliput screen

DSCF0154.jpg

7" housing

DSCF0155.jpg

Screen in the housing

DSCF0159.jpg

I encountered the problem that the IR reciver is located on the button board this just would not do as i was doing away with the button board so i moved the IR reciver into the factory Nav location

DSCF0160.jpg

DSCF0165.jpg

Screen powered up for testing purpose

DSCF0158.jpg

Unit ready for install sitting in the car

DSCF0169.jpg

Wires going up and through the dash

DSCF0167.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

Rabs

OK so now for the unit shown working

DSCF0170.jpg

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

i thought i might as well try the PC input as well whilst i was in the car so i put my little sony vaio in the glove box here is the outcome

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg

I have however encountered a small problem some how in the fitting process i have managed to crack the Touch screen pannel

It all still works but there is a hairline crack on the right hand side im just waiting to get back to work on monday where i will order a new touch screen pannel for it and struggle toget the whole thing apart again to fit the new pannel :tsktsk:

Hope you like

Rabs

good work mate. i would love to have this done to mine but i like the sat nav beind there. maybe i could tkae it off and get a replacement and use that.

good work mate. i would love to have this done to mine but i like the sat nav beind there. maybe i could tkae it off and get a replacement and use that.

Well im thinking of investing in a USB GPS system to plug into my sony vaio laptop as i take that with to work etc so i would have a nav system there as well

Next on my list is the full rewire of all the electronic gizomo's new fuse boxes for all the toys so each item is individually fused instead of piggy backing various feeds in the car

Rabs

Well im thinking of investing in a USB GPS system to plug into my sony vaio laptop as i take that with to work etc so i would have a nav system there as well

Next on my list is the full rewire of all the electronic gizomo's new fuse boxes for all the toys so each item is individually fused instead of piggy backing various feeds in the car

Rabs

good work mate. will be coming to you so you could do it as im useles when it comes to stuff like this lol

Rabs

:lol: two jobs im half way through LOL Great minds and all that

you know of any decent gps system i can get my hands on cheap/free? got the gps sensor already,

Stav

Rabs

:lol: two jobs im half way through LOL Great minds and all that

you know of any decent gps system i can get my hands on cheap/free? got the gps sensor already,

Stav

Yeah great minds lol

as for the gps it was literally a whilst having dinner thought lol the hmmm i have a pc i have touchscreen i have no sat nav i wonder lol

im gonna have a browse through the MP3 Car forum under there Pc install stuff, go down that route, i was thinking about using my mobile phone as the GPS reciever and connect via Bluetooth if it will send GPS back the other way to the pc

so i need the software 1st and then go from there

As for the rewire yeah i forgot just how many additional things i have in the car so far im up to and 8way fuse block

Rabs

Yeah great minds lol

as for the gps it was literally a whilst having dinner thought lol the hmmm i have a pc i have touchscreen i have no sat nav i wonder lol

im gonna have a browse through the MP3 Car forum under there Pc install stuff, go down that route, i was thinking about using my mobile phone as the GPS reciever and connect via bluetooth if it will send GPS back the other way to the pc

so i need the software 1st and then go from there

As for the rewire yeah i forgot just how many additional things i have in the car so far im up to and 8way fuse block

Rabs

Let us know if you find a decent program to use mate

Success i have taken the whole thing topieces again due to that crack :tsktsk:

but all is not lost its only the touchscreen pannel thank god and from what i can tell it will only cost about £35+vat+delivery to repair so i can live with that for my stupid mistake

all i can say is thankfully the touch screen was there or it would have cracked the liquid crystal display then i really would be annoyed

Rabs

That looks brilliant, nice job mate :D

If only there was a way to replace the heater controls with another touchscreen your dash would look amazing :P

Thats sooooooo cool mate.

You have put a lot of work into that.

Bet everyone who see's it would wish they had the same in their car.

I so want mine to look like that !!!!!!!

What can i say the pusuit of perfection lol

Rabs

That looks brilliant, nice job mate :D

If only there was a way to replace the heater controls with another touchscreen your dash would look amazing :P

funny you should say that i was wondering about changing the heater controlls for touch screen.........

might be alot of work but would look the nuts if i cn make the signals works

there isnt that many wires coming out the unit so if it possible im sure i can find a way

Rabs

Interesting, I thought you'd need some kind of computer running it to replace those controls with a touchscreen (but I don't know that much about this sort of stuff!) so thought it would be pretty complicated..........

I'd seriously be in awe if you did that too as your dash would look the absolute nuts!

yes i would need a computer in order to do it but im thinking of having a pc in the car permantly soon so i would have the basis for it but would have to get a prohgram designed for the controlls on it then link the touch screen pannel to the program, be hard but might be worth a look into propperly see if any one else has done a program etc for other cars

that can be tailored to fit hmmmm

Rabs

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links