Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unbelievable what scum will pinch these days, isn't it???

We left the IS parked outside B&Q, well away from the mass of cars, as you do, so was in a highly conspicuous position....returned to the car after about 10 minutes and some toe rag has pinched all four chrome hexagonal valve caps! :angry:

Someone must have seen whoever did it as it was very busy there, but no one had the decency to let me know.

Recently, I spotted a car with a badly inflated near-side rear wheel. I left a note on the back of my business card, on the windscreen just to warn them about it and two days later, received a call from a lady who had just gone to pick her kids up from a nursery...could have been nasty on a bend if she hadn't realised it! She managed to get it sorted out pretty quickly but thanked me for advising her.

So, I go out my way to help people and there are little t*&SSe*s out there who just pray on good standing people just because they feel they can get away with it all the time...good job he wasn't there when I turned back up! Why should I have to keep forking out for these sc&%ts every time I have something nice? I work hard for what I earn and enjoy the spoils because of it. I don't do it so people can rip me off!

How much are a set of these Hex valve caps anyway? Probably a £10 from Lexus.

I have just put plain black plastic caps back on to save losing another set and giving some oik the pleasure of stealing from me....they don't look as good though....pity really.

Anyone else suffered petty theft???

Welcome to LOC mate.

Sorry to read this- it appears to be a common problem.

Personally, I'd stick with the normal black caps. If you did put on a set of locking caps then you run the risk of the :tsktsk: damaging your alloys/tyres/car whilst they try and steal the caps off.

Had mine stolen too, after a week of first getting the car. I've just put normal black ones on. Dont want to give them the satisfaction of taking another set.

Had mine stolen too, after a week of first getting the car. I've just put normal black ones on. Dont want to give them the satisfaction of taking another set.

Commiserations. You don't live near any M.P.s do you?

The IS 250 that I test drove had had its caps stolen, so I changed mine on delivery to a set of the chrome plated free-spinning ones. They look good and after two and a half years of ownership I have yet to lose one.

It's a sad, sad world.

There is a basic law which a lot of thieves follow, it's "if you can steal, steal it and decide what to do with it afterwards." Over the years I've had black plastic ones stolen. At first I thought, how petty, they can only be worth coppers. However they cost 40P each. All 4 means £1.60. I know that is not much but if it happened frequently it would get expensive - not to mention inconvenient to make another journey to a spares shop .

There is a basic law which a lot of thieves follow, it's "if you can steal, steal it and decide what to do with it afterwards." Over the years I've had black plastic ones stolen. At first I thought, how petty, they can only be worth coppers. However they cost 40P each. All 4 means £1.60. I know that is not much but if it happened frequently it would get expensive - not to mention inconvenient to make another journey to a spares shop .

Yep, know it too well

I had mine stolen from a residents secure car park in the flats I lived, so it was basically someone who lived in my block!

I did check the cars one weekend, but they couldn't find any suspect vehicles!

there be scummers without better things to do, everywhere!

For sale--------- 4 sets of chrome valve caps :whistling:

Sorry guys to hear about your losses, but you can get ones that spin, lock with a allen key or lock with a spanner so they can not be removed just by hand.

For sale--------- 4 sets of chrome valve caps :whistling:

Sorry guys to hear about your losses, but you can get ones that spin, lock with a allen key or lock with a spanner so they can not be removed just by hand.

Do you know if/where they can be bought online...Im a few caps short of a full set myself!!!

Just to add, a search on eBay for "spinning valve caps" will find the Richbrook type.

ive had the richbrook caps that spin on mine for a couple of years now :D

When i brought my IS250 it had black vavle caps on. I purchased some chrome ones with the Lexus Logo on them. When I fitted them I nipped them up with a 10mm spanner so no one can undo them by hand.

The prices do vary i think I paid about 6 quid all in for mine.

Clicky Me to view.

Had a demo 250 Sel for a day last November, arrived home at 4pm and parked it on the drive. Two young lads on their way home from school walked past looking admiringly at the car. The dealership were due to pick it up at 5.30 so I was looking out for them from the lounge window with the light switched off. The two lads appeared on the corner of the avenue, one stopped and the other started to walk up my drive looking around all the time. I dashed out shouting just as he was bending down by the back wheel and he ran off.

I reckon the kids know all about which cars have fancy valve caps, they nick them for their bikes. The wife had two nicked within a week of getting her Mini, it now has four plastic ones on, they other two are on my Ridgeback (cycle) and very nice they look too, not as nice as those shiny lexus ones though :whistling:

I had a courtesy RX and they were nicked while I had it. The stealer wanted 60squid from me to replace them!! Didn't pay it in the end though!

The advantage of the black plastic valve covers is that they are very low in mass, changing all 4 metal cover to plastic will save a fortune in fuel over the life of the car.

You should be thanking the theives.

Unbelievable what scum will pinch these days, isn't it???

We left the IS parked outside B&Q, well away from the mass of cars, as you do, so was in a highly conspicuous position....returned to the car after about 10 minutes and some toe rag has pinched all four chrome hexagonal valve caps! :angry:

Someone must have seen whoever did it as it was very busy there, but no one had the decency to let me know.

Recently, I spotted a car with a badly inflated near-side rear wheel. I left a note on the back of my business card, on the windscreen just to warn them about it and two days later, received a call from a lady who had just gone to pick her kids up from a nursery...could have been nasty on a bend if she hadn't realised it! She managed to get it sorted out pretty quickly but thanked me for advising her.

So, I go out my way to help people and there are little t*&SSe*s out there who just pray on good standing people just because they feel they can get away with it all the time...good job he wasn't there when I turned back up! Why should I have to keep forking out for these sc&%ts every time I have something nice? I work hard for what I earn and enjoy the spoils because of it. I don't do it so people can rip me off!

How much are a set of these Hex valve caps anyway? Probably a £10 from Lexus.

I have just put plain black plastic caps back on to save losing another set and giving some oik the pleasure of stealing from me....they don't look as good though....pity really.

Anyone else suffered petty theft???

Can't remember the price, but think it was £8-10 for a set of 4 - had just two stolen the week after I got my car (for both wheels of the litlle s**t's bike?). The part No for the set of 4 is 90942-05029, and the dealers always have them in stock because they are nicked so often. You can order them over the phone. Just nip the new ones up with a spanner - that seems to do the trick.

The advantage of the black plastic valve covers is that they are very low in mass, changing all 4 metal cover to plastic will save a fortune in fuel over the life of the car.

You should be thanking the theives.

Is it April the 1st?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links