Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Besotted By The (new) Audi A4 - With Those Daytime Led Lights!

http://www.carpages.co.uk/audi/audi-a4-safety-09-02-08.asp

These daytime LED lights on various Audi models were a bit cheesy first to my taste; but I've gotten use to them and for some unknown reason whenever I see a black A4 with them (on) my heart skips a beat!

Supposing I get another car or one for my partner it would either be an E90 3-series, IS250 or an A4 BUT I'm finding the A4 a bit exclusive and it's the newest model out of the three and not many on the road even as of today... I'm not too keen on the inside cabin though, I think a 3-series is much nicer!

But then I still think Japanese cars are the most reliable so it could be a IS250 or the new convertible in the near future... but those Audi daytime lights are unique - Lexus don't do anything fancy with their headlights and BMW's Xenons aren't as good as those daytime lights from a visual perspective... IMHO.

not a fan of those lights as they have been used by every chav under the sun now :( they were nice on the R8 and it should have been left that way.

No offense intended to anyone who has them on their is200 :D

Totally agree and again no offense intended to those that have them on any non-Audi car.

not a fan of those lights as they have been used by every chav under the sun now :( they were nice on the R8 and it should have been left that way.

No offense intended to anyone who has them on their is200 :D

Totally agree and again no offense intended to those that have them on any non-Audi car.

i agree with them.

No offense taken ! I didn't used to like them but I love them now ! They actually work well if you have LED sidelights, in that LED sidelights don't tend to be very visible and/or work well, so I'm much more visible if I do want to run just with my sidelights on.

If I change my mind at some point and don't like them any more, then they'll be very easy to take off.

It would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things ! :D

IMG_2514-1.jpg

I also agree they look fantastic! But sadly have been ruined by chavs that put them all over the front of their Saxo's and Clio's!

But tastefully done on a tasteful motor they can look real good.

I'm currently debating whether to put them on my Lex or not as DRL's. Hmm? Prism do a nice range in either clear or black design.

I have seen the LED DRL's on alot of cars now, probably getting ready for the 2011 law. Merc, Porsche, Insignia, Fiat 500, BM's, they all have their own style. I'm sure Lexus will create something with wow factor when they have to start putting DRL's on their next Gen of vehicles.

not to my taste but some one on here posted some thing about angel eyes why make your car like a bmw thats what i think about these why make your lex look like an audi by the way i have angel eyes 7k but the bmw ones are realy yellow its up to what you like at the end of the day

woh thats cheap...how much did u pay steve? is there any certain quality to look out for?

Just found more, these are the ones I got.

No idea about quality specifically. But from all the photos I've seen, all the strips look identical, which makes me tend to think they might all be made in the same factory anyway. Mine have been fine so far. One stopped working shortly after fitting, but that was because I initially used scotchlocks, and it was just a bad connection. When I soldered them properly they were fine.

• 6 months later...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165688

Prism Flexi Clear Daytime Styling Lights

Creates a daytime running light effect and a modern style of lighting that enhances the look of your car.

2011 will see all new cars fitted with daytime running lamps. In preparation, many manufacturers have already started to produce models with daytime running lamps. Flexi Clear Daytime Styling Lights creates a daytime running lights effect and a modern style of lighting that enhances the look of your car. These lights are made with a waterproof construction and are designed to easily fit vehicle contours.

Features and benefits

* 2x37cm flexi clear daytime styling lights

* 2x18 high intensity white LED's

* Strips can flex both horizontally and vertically to match the contours of modern headlamps

* Includes clear adhesive

* Both the strips and adhesive are clear preventing them from effecting the look of the car when not in use

* Easy 12V 2 Wire fitment - full instructions included

Additional Information

Road legal when used in conjunction with your vehicles original side postion lights.

* Type: LEDs

===========

I'm thinking of fitting these - what do you say - thing is I'm not very DIY so apart from sticking the lights on I'm not sure about the 'wiring'??? :duh:

Easy enough to add LED strips to an IS200 to give the look of those running lights, see my walkthrough on it. Personally I think they look better than the Audis, because at night it looks like more of a single bright strip rather than individual lights.

I think the other way around though. I think the individual LED's look much nicer than one strip of light. It gives it some more personallity. But I agree with most of you ...the LED's strips on the AUDI's look really mean and very agresive. Wouldn't mind one at all. At some stage I was thinking to modify the headlights in a similar way but I thought that it would involve too much work...no not the LED strips easy to get for 10 bucks...but something very similar with what AUDI does.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the LED strip conversion on my rover turbo coupe back in May. I didnt check them before i fitted them, when i turned them on one was very white the other had a blue tint to it. Out come the lights again, well one side at least. The seller (on ebay) sent me another strip free of charge so in it went. Less than a month later the end 3 leds in one of the strips started to flash,after about a week the 3 went off all together. Over the next few weeks the leds went out 3 at a time on both side of the car. Currently about 3 work on one side and 9 on the other. I have since disconected them and put normal side lights back in.

If you rgoing to buy the LED strips make sure you get good quality ones, the ones i bought were ment to be the mutts nuts cost me £25 in May and these were garbage. I didnt bother to contact the seller again as to be honest when i did mine loads of people in my area did them so i dont mind not having mine working now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links