Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Happened At The Leeds Meet?

Zee007

Well, Zee, it was like this........ are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin

Wildrnes (Matt) and I met up with Hondo (Dave & Kath) at Birch services on the M62 at around 10.30. Had a nice cup of coffee and a piece of cake (cheers, Dave), before setting off in convoy (ok, maybe 2 cars doesn't QUITE constitute a convoy - but, hey!)

Before we left the car park, Matt found a lovely little Nissan Micra with Rage paint :yahoo: we have photos.......

After a nice leisurely (honest - mainly due to the number of SPECS on that stretch of the M-way, and the fact that neither of us has a Snooper yet) drive, my excellent navigation skills (ahem) LED us directly to Lotherton Hall.

What a superb meet venue - put it in the book to be used again. Massive green-field car park, super restaurant.

From memory - 2 LS400's Hondo (Dave & Kath) and TURNER (Andy) with his wife (sorry, very rude of me, but I can't recall your name) and daughter, Gracie

The rest IS200's - Us, (MsW and Wildrnes), Imi and his g/f, Brettster and his mate, Maz (Tony), DUNCAN, Gus Woodcock, Leedsunited and ..... who have I forgotten?

Anyway, super weather, lots of chatting and admiring and cleaning and changing of wheels...... and lunch and chatting and admiring - you get the picture.

Left just before 4 I think it was - started to rain just as we got back on the motorway. Drove through torrential downpour to get home.

Another super day courtesy of LOC - thank you all

Pictures will follow very soon - with many suitable for the odd retouch, I'm sure B)

Linda

Fantastic meet & great venue. Thanks for organising it Imi. Good to meet you all. I wish I could have stayed longer and talked to Turner & Hondo. Don't know much about LS400s. Next time eh? Anyway, thanks for the offer of the tent for JAE MsW(ilderness). Looks like I'll be taking you up on the offer. Hopefully see some of you again soon and I look forward to the photos. :D

Nice meeting you all... wish i can stay a bit longer, but have to go back to work, sorry if i havnt say goodbye.... and all the cars are very nice... :D :D :D hope to see you all soon........... :D :D :D :whistling::whistling::whistling:

What a brilliant Day!. What more can anyone say!. Our First meet and made to feel part of the "family". Cant wait for the next outing. Weve already got our names down for the Midlands mini meet.

Kaths not stopped raving!.

Nice thing is also....when you out a face to the handles we all use.

Enuff of my ranting....

Im off to earn a crust .....keep the bailifs from the door an all that

Cheers peeps

MsW Posted on May 11 2003, 07:08 PM

who have I forgotten?

I think you missed Maz..

Just like to say thanks to everyone who turned up.. it was brilliant day (while we were there)

Nice to meet you all and check the cars out..

Duncan you still got me thinking about "you know" :whistling: (thanks for the link) and thanks MsW for writting the short story line for Zee007 :D

Wilderness, good to know you got home alright mate, let us know how you get on in sorting the tyres out.. ;)

Not a bad place for a meet. we will have to sort another one in soooooooon :yahoo:

Nah, Maz is in there, but I'm sure I've missed someone ;)

Now, we weren't the only one with a camera, so where are all the pictures then?

(Ours will be on later today).......

...........there are people waiting to Photoshop

Thanks imi for organising it - it went off well :D

MsW Posted on May 12 2003, 12:11 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah, Maz is in there, but I'm sure I've missed someone 

Now, we weren't the only one with a camera, so where are all the pictures then?

(Ours will be on later today).......

i'll be posting mine latter on tonight or tomorrow.. :lol:

Maz = Tony..........Maz is my Login name (got it from Maz da, the car i have before the IS200, hehe :D :P ).

and i will post the pics i took, if i can get the damn PC to work, hehe.... :P :D :lol: B) :angry: :( :unsure::blink::crybaby::yahoo::withstupid:

thanks MsW for writting the short story line for Zee007 :D

I only wrote the bit from our side :blush: - did the ones from the "other" side :ph34r: all meet up anywhere and drive in together? Or did you all arrive separately?

I love the idea of meets being informal Bring and Buy sales (SEE - there's another reason to support your local meet...........) although it does worry me financially because you find yourself wanting to do more and more ..... and more............. and where will it ever stop? :excl::yahoo:

Are you going to post a review of the meet in the review section? :D

MsW Posted on May 12 2003, 03:18 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the idea of meets being informal Bring and Buy sales (SEE - there's another reason to support your local meet...........) although it does worry me financially because you find yourself wanting to do more and more ..... and more............. and where will it ever stop? 

It will never stop......hehhe :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Same here, Maz.

Hopefully on tonight.....

The half - photo (of the Micra with Rage paint we saw at Birch services on the way) was my attempt at uploading pics to gallery- that's why Matt's taken them to do on his comp!!

Anyone know how to delete a half-picture? :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk