Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Things To Check Before Your Warranty Runs Out.

Well with a lot of help from LOC my car will be going to Lexus for its final time under the Manufacturers Warranty this week to replace blistering alloys. They say they will give it a once over for any other faults but asked if they wanted to check anything specifically.

Now my question is, although I have an extended warranty (purchased car from Lexus), what are the best things to check for. The alloys are the obvious ones as these are not covered on the extended warranty. But are there others? Hopefully this may be of use to others.

Common faults already checked.

Cold start issues

Lightsaber ratchet sounds

Steering and Brake recalls done

Dash rattles

Regards

Wozza

Glad someone started this as mine runs out in november and wanted to "get in quick" with anything that needs doing so that its not too close to it running out so they can fob me off a bit and then say its out of waruntee. alas no matter how much i look at them the alloys are not pitting shame really as a nice new set would be good and as sure as eggs are eggs the pitting will appear a week after the warunte runs out :tsktsk: :tomato:

just as a side issue do you get sent a letter or something asking if you want to continue on with the lexus extended or do you have to approach them? only 2months to go and i have not heard anything as yet :unsure:

one to be checked,the boot lid chaffing on the bumper.mine is shortly due for a 60k service but i won't be going to the main dealer as they would not change my wiper a

rms which are showing bubbling on the black paint finish.indy price for service is £150 compared to £340from the main dealer.so much for lexus goodwill.

ps.genuine parts used by indy too.

anyone have a dodgy clunking sound when steering at low speeds? also in relation to this a windy day feeling when driving motorway speeds?

ive been to lexus about 3-4 times they claim hey fixed it, but its always back the same!

they also told me they dont replace the alloys under the bubbling issue anymore?

Alot of rusting is happening on my brake calipers? anyone else with the same problem? or is this normal?

the passenger heated seats takes about 15mins to heat up, driver sides within 30seconds. lexus claims this is OK

lexus = leicester

anyone have a dodgy clunking sound when steering at low speeds? also in relation to this a windy day feeling when driving motorway speeds?

ive been to lexus about 3-4 times they claim hey fixed it, but its always back the same!

they also told me they dont replace the alloys under the bubbling issue anymore?

Alot of rusting is happening on my brake calipers? anyone else with the same problem? or is this normal?

the passenger heated seats takes about 15mins to heat up, driver sides within 30seconds. lexus claims this is OK

lexus = leicester

knocking whilst steering at low speed whilst braking is almost certainly brake pads knocking in housings,it was a warranty job for me .done at leics with the sour faced cow.

lexus = leicester

knocking whilst steering at low speed whilst braking is almost certainly brake pads knocking in housings,it was a warranty job for me .done at leics with the sour faced cow.

I had mine serviced this week and mentioned the knocking noise, normally at low speed when parking or going onto my drive. Lexus Croydon said a brake shim was cracked and it is going in next week to be fixed under warranty. I have no idea what a shim is though.

I have the extended warranty but bare inmind as part of the extended warranty

the conditions are the car has to be serviced by Main dealer

i had the 30k done just as i was getting the extended warranty

but i know i will be due the 40k service within the next 3000miles

any one got any prices for the 40k service on a 220d

regards

Matt

ps contacted them recently regards a rattle from centre speaker housing

and they said interior trim is not covered by the warranty

but as i sad this is a known issue nothing to do with new complaint

so they said they would look at it for me

I had the Lexus Extended Warranty on my RX - they fixed absolutely everything on the car that they (or I) noticed. Only thing that never got resolved was the sagging Drivers' seat - but I can't complain though!

Turn the radio and climate control off, and drive over a bumpy road, and make sure not a single noise is coming from your rear windscreen or shelf !!!!!!! (Rattle noise, creaking noise, rubbing noise, etc.) - Also, check the bumps arent causing tooooo hard a ride, otherwise the damper could have gone. I had my rear windscreen and damper changed under warranty :)

Turn the radio and climate control off, and drive over a bumpy road, and make sure not a single noise is coming from your rear windscreen or shelf !!!!!!! (Rattle noise, creaking noise, rubbing noise, etc.) - Also, check the bumps arent causing tooooo hard a ride, otherwise the damper could have gone. I had my rear windscreen and damper changed under warranty :)

Sunnydud959, did you get your windscreen and dampers changed at coventry?

The 18" alloys on my IS220d Sport were replaced under warranty due to corrosion. This was in June this year just before the original 3 year warranty ran out.

Check this link out with my issues...hope it helps ...

Extra issues:

- Changed the right mirror also

- my fuel gage got stuck on full last winter twice for nearly 2 weeks.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=62299

Well with a lot of help from LOC my car will be going to Lexus for its final time under the Manufacturers Warranty this week to replace blistering Alloys. They say they will give it a once over for any other faults but asked if they wanted to check anything specifically.

Now my question is, although I have an extended warranty (purchased car from Lexus), what are the best things to check for. The Alloys are the obvious ones as these are not covered on the extended warranty. But are there others? Hopefully this may be of use to others.

Common faults already checked.

Cold start issues

Lightsaber ratchet sounds

Steering and Brake recalls done

Dash rattles

Regards

Wozza

• 2 weeks later...

Sunnydud959, did you get your windscreen and dampers changed at coventry?

2 more coventry people!

The 18" alloys on my IS220d Sport were replaced under warranty due to corrosion. This was in June this year just before the original 3 year warranty ran out.

is the warranty on wheels 3yrs from when car was registered?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links