Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The tray under the front passenger seat on a series 4 LS400 for ?

It doesn't seem to have any purpose ?

Its for stashing your secret stuff.

It's not a secret any more we all know where you put it now! :whistling:

Dear CB1300

I find it infuriating that people purchase these iconic automobiles and then have no idea as to the time and life long effort our oriental friends instilled in this product.

If you look at the quality, dimensions and exact positioning of this tray you will or should understand its primary function. The rear part is exactly moulded to accept the Revell Batman Utility Belt, complete with the Robin vassaline holder. Just forward of this you will find room for your full European touring kit complete with the two sleeping bags to smuggle Bosnian terrorists in. The forward part of the tray is designed to take your L.B.K. yes you Lexus Breakdown Kit. This will consist of a single 30A fuse to be used in the cigar lighter circuit as I have found, getting a cherry glow on the end of a King Edward necessitates several operations of the cigar lighter, a known Lexus fault. The fuse obviously will not blow, but after several years use, it is felt by them that know, the fuse should be replaced as a precautionary measure.

Moving to the front we have the exact dimensions to accept 3 Tenna Lady Extra. This really is just over engineering as no Lexus owner would ever consider using more than 33% of the available throttle travel.

Just a thought, does yours have the Rakoon fur lining?

I hope this helps

PS I am sorry this is in crayon, it is just that they won't let me have anything sharp at the moment.

Dear CB1300

I find it infuriating that people purchase these iconic automobiles and then have no idea as to the time and life long effort our oriental friends instilled in this product.

If you look at the quality, dimensions and exact positioning of this tray you will or should understand its primary function. The rear part is exactly moulded to accept the Revell Batman Utility Belt, complete with the Robin vassaline holder. Just forward of this you will find room for your full European touring kit complete with the two sleeping bags to smuggle Bosnian terrorists in. The forward part of the tray is designed to take your L.B.K. yes you Lexus Breakdown Kit. This will consist of a single 30A fuse to be used in the cigar lighter circuit as I have found, getting a cherry glow on the end of a King Edward necessitates several operations of the cigar lighter, a known Lexus fault. The fuse obviously will not blow, but after several years use, it is felt by them that know, the fuse should be replaced as a precautionary measure.

Moving to the front we have the exact dimensions to accept 3 Tenna Lady Extra. This really is just over engineering as no Lexus owner would ever consider using more than 33% of the available throttle travel.

Just a thought, does yours have the Rakoon fur lining?

I hope this helps

PS I am sorry this is in crayon, it is just that they won't let me have anything sharp at the moment.

Dear tel999,

This was a perfectly valid question as to what the tray was for ?

I actually find your reply very insulting,not at all funny or in keeping with the spirit of this forum :offtopic:

Thanks for that Tel999 - I'm still wiping away tears of laughter :D :D :D :D

Please lighten up CB1300 - He - nor any of the other 'comedians' who have replied were taking the P directly out of you mate :wacko: The fact is that no-one seems to be sure about the official use of that box and we all make up our own stories. Mine is that it is where I hide the drugs and cash in my senior pimpmobile. :winky:

Whilst its use is generally believed to be a first aid box, it does not have a Red or Green Cross on it. It would also be difficult to find by a stranger coming upon the car after an accident and therefore pretty much useless. And I have yet to hear of anyone finding one with any form of medical contents or seen any on the bay of E. :rolleyes:

So you can make your own story up as you show your friends around your beloved motah as noone is likely to disbelieve you :lol::lol:

B)

Rod

I found it amusing too. Too much doom and gloom these days, so feel free to amuse us further.

Pete

Too :tsktsk: right.

At the risk of repeating myself, it is designed to keep anything in you dont want on public display; it never did contain anything. And for those that have had a break-in, its a godsend.

Ooooops.

just as well I didn't do my "Whats the question to this answer" "***** robbin" Joke.

I in no way wish to be rude or offensive, but the phrase "Get a life" springs to mind

Regards

Tel

The box in mine is under the passengers seat and it is a first aid I think, I never checked whether there was room for my week end special piece under the driver's seat I'll go and check now. Back Soon. No nothing under the driver's seat but a grey box under the passenger's. Inside the box is a leather bound Lexus 1st aid kit!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links