Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hit And Run On My Is300 In London Today

stevlee

Hi all, my first accident in 18 years of driving today, and it is a hit and run in London !!!!

Can I ask the forum what are my options, I will report it to the police but doubt they will act.

and

How much will be the damage cost as picture provided in the link below. So I can see if it is worth getting insurance involved. Just don't want my premium to go up because of a hit and run next year.

Nothing structural is damaged, the front fender is bent back and paint scraped off, and scrapes on the front bumper but nothing damaged on the bumper other than paint.

http://picasaweb.google.com/eveleung/Steve...feat=directlink

Just want some opinion, before I get quotes from smash repair places.

Thanks

Do you think they might have CCTV footage of the incident or maybe a neighbour may have caught it on their own CCTV. It might be worth checking the scrap yard for replacement parts and see if you can avoid getting the insurance company involved.

Got quotes this morning ranging from £250 to £400. So the Q is does anyone have any recommended place for bodywork, within the M25 is ok.

Is RED a hard colour to colour match?

As expect the police just gave me an incident#, so no hope there :)

Those aren't bad prices at all, personally thought it would cost more than that. I can highly recommend Lexus Woodford's bodyshop, have used them a few times and always been happy, but think they might cost a bit more than that.

I HIGHLY recommend the bodyshop I have used for years....only thing is he is in West Kingsdown.

He is listed for insurance repairs on prestige cars. Whenever Ive had work done he always has a Ferrari, Aston, Range Rover etc in the workshop but welcomes cash work on the side ;-).

Id guess his price for your damage would be around the £200 mark mate - give him a call tell him I recommended him (Billy - Blue Lexus) he'll know who you mean. Make sure you ask to speak to Gary - he's the owner.

Chappell Coachworks - 01474 855503

West Kingsdown TN15 6ER

If your insurance finds out you will be penalised next year, even though it wasn't your fault. The reason is that, according to car insurance claim data, people who have been hit are statistically more likely to have a claim sooner rather than later.

.......... according to car insurance claim data, people who have been hit are statistically more likely to have a claim sooner rather than later.

Yeah - even you're parked and not in the car at the time !! Insurance companies use any bloody excuse to hike your premium. For years they take your money without questions but.... how dare you actually want to make a claim !!!

Got quotes this morning ranging from £250 to £400. So the Q is does anyone have any recommended place for bodywork, within the M25 is ok.

Is RED a hard colour to colour match?

As expect the police just gave me an incident#, so no hope there :)

Where in London are you? I know someone in the Waltham Cross area that is quite good.

I just got quote back from Acton Coachworks, £677.5 excluding VAT for the job, so kind of top $ for the job, but I have heard they do a good job. So I will just have to get quotes from Lexus Woodford and jandjautosltd. I won't go through insurance for the job if it is below £500 since this my excess. Sods laws the insurance company raised my premium with no change in circumstance this year by £200 hence I changed to my current provider with the higher excess. Will have to wait till I come back from holiday to sort out the is300. But if anyone knows of a decent place around west and NW of London then it is easier for me to get quotes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links