Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Got Back From Tdi

Fargo

So what has the bhp/mph gone up to then.

Well Mark @ Tdi reckons approx 15-20bhp increase (its the hoses that do it :P )

If your not gona go the SuperCharger way then i highly recommend Unichip,, You can notice the increase in response and the smoothness in acceleration, cant say what extra mph its given me as i havent gone flat out (again :whistling: ) allegedly

How much did it cost to have this done?

Cost wise... as per the prices on there website www.tdi-plc.com, however Gold members get discount on labour.. but approx 2k..

if you go the S/C route you get more bhp for your money, but that would be also on top of these mods,, this will do for now though.

Oh Yes i saw the Bad Bwoy..sitting there all virginal white n'*****..

Today after having the Exhaust, chip, induction kit and hoses done..

the difference in performance is very noticable.. Well done to Tdi, especially as they didnt finish till 7pm..

What time did they start ?

So what has the bhp/mph gone up to then.

Well Mark @ Tdi reckons approx 15-20bhp increase (its the hoses that do it :P )

If your not gona go the SuperCharger way then i highly recommend Unichip,, You can notice the increase in response and the smoothness in acceleration, cant say what extra mph its given me as i havent gone flat out (again :whistling: ) allegedly

No engine mods on the IS will give you a greater top speed without either:

1.) Removing the rev limiter

2.) Changing the transmission ratios

3.) Changing the engine/transmission (like on Clawley's beast)

The s/c cars still top out at an indicated 141mph, the same as the n/a ones, the only thing you can alter is how fast it gets there!

the difference in performance is very noticable..  Well done to Tdi, especially as they didnt finish till 7pm..

What time did they start ?

We started Fargo's car at about 9am and finished at about 7pm.

We finished another guy's Supra at about 10pm the same evenning :blink:

We are lucky with the bunch of lads in the workshop. They are as concerned about our customers as I am. I'm happy with that :D

I am probaly reading this post wrong but did you say 2 grand for 15-20 bhp increase

Yes you read right, but bearing in mind that at least £1100 of that was for bits that needed doing regardless of whether or not i get a supercharger fitted,, and if i needed a induction kit aswell as the s/c then in my book the 2k spent is a necessity, just like getting your suspension or brakes done...its a necesity,, and besides if i wanted to have an extra 50horses after owining the car 2 months then i would have bought the is300. no offence to those who have fitted the s/c

the difference in performance is very noticable.. Well done to Tdi, especially as they didnt finish till 7pm..

How come it takes ten hours to fit these few items

and if i needed a induction kit aswell as the s/c then in my book the 2k spent is a necessity,

glad to hear you're happy pal... :)

BTW - the induction kit will not fit he S/C pal....

Hey i dont know why it took 10 hours to fit,,

As for the induction kit and s/c not fitting together...now i know...i have been edumucated.. so bottom line is i would have to of spent 1.5k ish anyways before i go the s/c route.. which i guess i will do come a year or so.. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links