Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Different Car

I drove my car real hard on Saturday night, but only for about 2 miles in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear with the revs somewhere between 5000 and redline (hit redline twice). It was awesome.

However since then the cars feels completely different. It sounds a bit louder and seems eager on the move. The acceleration from standstill is a bit duller though.

I dont normally hard the car hard.

Have i done any long term damage to the car? The car has done only about 1700 miles. I read about a reset of the ECU. is it the thing for me? if so, How do i do it?

I thought the "redline" was an indication of the car getting warmed up :P

as the engine gets more bedded in... the performance increases.

I am guessing you are expecting too much for the lower rev range, after your spanking good ride the other night...

as its a VVT engine its noly operating on 12valves, then i believe when you give the baby a good boot all 24 kick in!

-Lee

thinking about it now i think you could have trashed it :unsure:

want to sell it to us? :D

in that state and all the work that needs to be done to it shall we say £10 :whistling: :mat:

ok ill get my coat

you have loosened her up thats all

try it more often the engine makes a super sound when it gets near redline

:yahoo:

.......... The car has done only about 1700 miles. I read about a reset of the ECU. is it the thing for me? if so, How do i do it?

Erm,

1700 miles? :o

Careful, the car's not run in yet. :lol:

I wouldn't push it until it's done about 4K miles. :huh:

I had my Supercharger fitted @ 6K but it didn't really losen up until about 10K. B)

As regards resetting the ECU, it tells you how to do it, in this thread.

See HERE :winky:

Honest John (a car dealer who writes in the Telegraph motoring bit on Saturdays) reckons:

4000 rpm max in first 1000 miles

5000 rpm max in second 1000 miles

6000 rpm max in third 1000 miles

Also, don't labour the engine early in its life (i.e. too low revs) and try to vary your revs on long trips for the first 1-2,000 miles.

Hope this helps

Peter

hey man, that is really dangerous for you engin to be running it like that in its infancy, your piston rings aren't seated properly in the cylendar and could cause serious damage to the block or the rings. the loss of power you noticed might be a cracked piston ring, or just your rush from unleashing the engine to the limit makes it seem like the low end is less than before. i hope its not any damage on ur motor, and good luck if it is.

Take a lookLexus technology

Nice one - On the Performance page, click on the MacPherson Strut link and Lexus will open a window and tell you all about the Mark Levinson sound system!! :lol::lol:

What are they trying to tell us? <_<

Anyway, I would have thought a 'little' thrash after 1700 miles won't do any damage. These engines are so well made these days.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links