Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Camera Deterant Spray

Steve

well.. they have video clips of a FOX report..

best thing is to spray it on and then try and take a photo with a digi cam from an angle using a flash!

I heard that old-fashioned hair lacquer does the same job

Not the new, fine brush out stuff, but the old concrete stuff

LOL Sorry Officer I was lying in front of my car doing my hair as you do and some of the spray must hjave gone onto my plate.... You know what us women are like :lol: :D :lol: :D

Ok, Shirley

Do you have a co-pilot? (Airplane circa 1970's)

Sorry - way :offtopic: apologies, won't take it any further

Co-Pilot ????

Ahh I see.....

Kramer : Name is Ted Striker, I flew with him during the war,

it won't make my job any easier tonight. Ted Striker

was a crack flight leader, up to a point. He was one

of those men who, lets say, felt to much inside, maybe

you know the kind. Went all to pieces on one particular

mission, lets just hope that doesn't happen tonight.

Striker : Lets see. Altitude, 24,000 feet... level flight, speed

520 knots. Course, 0-9er-0, trim, mixture, wash, rinse,

spin . . .

Elaine : Ted, what are you doing here? You can't fly this plane!

Striker : That's what I've been trying to tell these people.

Rumack : Elaine, I don't have time to say this gently so I'll be

very direct everyone on this plane is in a desperate

situation, Mr. Striker is the only hope we've got.

Striker : Those are the flaps, this is the thrust, this must turn

on the landing lights ( Plane starts to nose dive when

that knob is turned ) Mayday, mayday, mayday.

MCrosky : MAYDAY? What the hell does that mean?

Johnny : Mayday? Why that's the Russian New Year. You know,

we'll have a big parade, we'll serve hot hor'doevres . .

Oldlady : I can't stand it anymore, I've got to get outta here.

I've gotta get outta here.

Elaine : Calm down get ahold of yourself.

Gentlmn : Stewardess, please, let me handle this ( grabs her and

starts to shake her )

Gntlmn2 : Calm down, now get back to your seat, I'll take care of

this. CALM DOWN, GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF <SLAP>!

Nun : Mr, your wanted on the phone . . . Everything's going

to be alright < SLAP >! Please.

Gntlmn3 : Sister, I'll handle this. < SLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAPPP >

( There is now a line of people with baseball bats and whips

:oops:

I know rodders_uk has a origin blue and supposed to be really good.

I myself am looking to get one as mnay people recommened Gatso warning systems

I think they also work off GPS

I used to use the Snooper 815i and found it superb although sometimes annoying through built up area's, saved my bacon on a number occasions and just wish I could find it again as would love to put it in the car !!!

"Camera Shy" plates on sale at recent bike show. Took the photo myself with a mates digital camera. To the naked eye & even thru the camera viewfinder, the plate was indistinguishable from a "normal" plate, & the letters showed up perfectly. They only 'disappeared' in the final photo. :blink:

camera_shy.gif

I know rodders_uk has a origin blue and supposed to be really good.

I myself am looking to get one as mnay people recommened Gatso warning systems

I think they also work off GPS

yeah the Origin Blue is a GPS locator.

I've heard very good things about the Road Angel too.

I know someone at Origin pretty well - if you're thinking about a group buy let me know and I'll call him

"Camera Shy" plates on sale at recent bike show. Took the photo myself with a mates digital camera. To the naked eye & even thru the camera viewfinder, the plate was indistinguishable from a "normal" plate, & the letters showed up perfectly. They only 'disappeared' in the final photo. :blink:

camera_shy.gif

do they have a website mate?

Has anyone put them to a true test from a greater angle? They always look good at the demo's.

I tried a few things a while ago. (Hair spray, etc - vanish stain remover was very good but it washed away when wet) and although it worked great from head on and about 15 degrees either way, anything greater and it still showed everything clearly. (Angle of refraction and reflection and all that). I can't remember the exact angles now, but it has to work within 30 degrees horizontally from the road and roughly 45 degrees or so vertically at the first flash, then a lower depending on your speed at the second flash 0.7 seconds later.

A radar detector I think is the best bet. As for lasers, they are (at the mo) using light in the infra-red part of the spectrum and rely on the refletive part of the number plate. (Which is why they aim at the reg plate for the laser as the body isn't usually refective enough). I know it's not illegal to emit IR at the front of the vehicle, which play hell with the radar receivers, so if you had IR emitters at the front of the vehicle around the reg plate........

Although it is illegal to purposefully attempt to obscure your plate in any part of the light spectrum, IR emitters are used to look ahead further than visible light. As the surface absorbing the light changes the frequency slightly, it becomes visible and therefore allows you to see further without distracting other drivers by emitting a very bright beam.

If detected, and you were accused of deliberately obscurring your plate, I would imagine it would be hard for a conviction as it could be argued that the IR emitters were used not to obscure your reflective plate, but for increased visibility as IR is not illegal.

Just a thought.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links