Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Digital Cameras

thinking of getting a digital camera (planning to actually) - but this is not an area of technology I have kept apace with.

what features should I be looking for?

this one looks good - its a Kodak (a name I have heard of) and importantly to me - it has a docking station (want the missus to be able to just drop the camera in and upload the photos - no messing with cables etc)

know there are a few guys here with cameras, and keen on them (eh Steve?) - so thought I'd ask the LOC collective for opinions!

any thoughts?

and - any reason why I shouldn't buy from eBay?

the kodak docking digi camera is just a standard camera... easy features reasonable results. Prhaps easy to use to,, but you wil get just basic results.

Myself I would buy either Nikon or Canon as these are very fine camera manufacturers.

I would look for something in the region of 3 to 4 megapixels!

nothing wrong with eBay mate.. just make sure its a reputable dealer!

When buying mine, I was told to avoid Kodak (that was the one I was going to buy), because they have so many faults...

Personally I have a FujiFilm 2600Z.. which is the same as the new A204, which has optical and digital zoom, a LCD screen and movie capture...

This is available at about 150 quid..

The only complaint is that it is bulky. Have a look here

I found the Fuji really easy to use, and transferring pictures onto the PC is very easy.. But I cannot really compare it to any others, as this is the only one I have had.

ive recently bought an Olympus camera

4.0 megapixels, comes with everything needed, and a zoom lens, also does film and sound

best bit is its not bulky fits in the palm of the hand

the model number is

Olympus Camedia C-40ZOOM

Olympus are also a good make... I have previously been looking at some of their cameras!

I myself have a Nikon Coolpix the flip model.. 3.5 Megapixels

nice camera.. quite complex though

I swearby the Sony camera's, although they don't have the photographic history of Nikon or Fuji they have put together some superb camera's with absolutely amazing lenses....

Reasonble priced and good quality, I have had mine for 3 years and never hada problem with it yet.

ive recently bought an Olympus camera

4.0 megapixels, comes with everything needed, and a zoom lens, also does film and sound

best bit is its not bulky fits in the palm of the hand

the model number is

Olympus Camedia C-40ZOOM

i have the 300z

much the same as above

only 3.0megapix but very good quality

second olympus i have had

good Battery life even on rechargables

i use a card reader about £20 uses usb port

just slot in card and access like a hard drive

though its not too practical I prefer using a big 35mm canon camera for events.. as the lens is far more superior and when i attatch my big lens the quality is superb.. I then have the film put onto CD

though its not too practical I prefer using a big 35mm canon camera for events.. as the lens is far more superior and when i attatch my big lens the quality is superb..

I then have the film put onto CD

isnt this where the quality is lost though <_<

best option is slr digital but they are mega bucks :ohmy:

With modern technology the quality is dam good when going to cd at a decent film shop... as analogue camera's are that much better quality than digital anyway as a general rule the qulaity is superb.

I got the Cannon Digital Ixus v3

3.2 million pixels, shoots 640 x 480 (bigger if you want) movies aswell, does allsorts of stuff and wieghs only 180gramshere

thats nice Paul - but no cradle :sad:

can't keep up with thread - more advice than Ican handle in one go! :lol:

thanks folks - not ignoring you - looking at other cameras like you advise!

do you have a budget planned - that will help narrow down the choices a lot

ermm - hadn't thought of it that way.

around the £300 mark is sensible isn't it?

should be able to get something decent for that shouldn't I?

Would recommend the Fuji F401, great quality, v compact (quite similar to the Ixus), does movies etc and about £280.

thats nice Paul - but no cradle :sad:

Nope, it comes with all the leads you can handle.. one for outputing directly to a TV or Video (RCA connectors)

and a USB lead for hooking up to you PC, you also get all the software your gona need for downloading/uploading, picture albums, yada yady yada..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links