Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Tax

Hi guys/gals

Im seriously considering getting an 04/05 plate is200 sport, well that was until i saw that a year road tax is £445.

How is this from only a 2.0 i understand obviously from the pollution it gives off but this is madness.

Do you guys also get good mpg or generally around 30mpg?

Thanks, Dave

You talking mpg around town or on a run. Good luck at getting that around town, I tend to get around 20 - 23 around town. The is200 or any Lexus thinking about like to drink the petrol. If you went for a older is200, b

efore 2001 the tax is 210 I think, mine is a 99 and I pay around that.

Hi guys/gals

Im seriously considering getting an 04/05 plate is200 sport, well that was until i saw that a year road tax is £445.

How is this from only a 2.0 i understand obviously from the pollution it gives off but this is madness.

Thanks, Dave

Just done a check on the DVLA site, road tax for upto 2005 IS200 model is £260 for 12 months , not £445, so that saved you £185 already :winky:

Hi guys/gals

Thanks, Dave

Just done a check on the DVLA site, road tax for upto 2005 IS200 model is £260 for 12 months , not £445, so that saved you £185 already :winky:

Dammnit! I just bought a pre March 2001 registered IS200 specifically so the tax would be lower. Fail... major fail. :(

Hi guys/gals

Thanks, Dave

Dammnit! I just bought a pre March 2001 registered IS200 specifically so the tax would be lower. Fail... major fail. :(

The changeover date to the high rate is vehicles registered before 23rd March 2006, anything before this date is the max as quoted by other posters.

My IS 2003 is £245 per annum.

What you mean is it WAS £245 ... it's now £260, as per the other posts above, and my renewal which arrived yesterday :angry:

Seems to be going up across the board - our BMW 320d was £145, but is now £160.

When I was looking at getting an 04-05-ish IS200 3 years ago, the tax for cars newer than 2001 was due to go up to £400+ at that time. But I understand that increase was never introduced. The issue is that the engine makes more than 225g CO2, and that would have put it in the top tax bracket. It wasn't a good comparison to, say, the BMW 320i - that car (in comparable E46 form) has a 2.2 litre straight 6, yet produces less than 225g CO2 and would have had a much smaller increase. But I guess it's all irrelevant now.

Hi guys/gals

Thanks, Dave

Your road tax is £215 for 12 months. Se here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Thanks for the quick replies,

So it seems i was going to be looking at getting a pre 2001 model so to fall in the old style of car tax calculation so to pay less.

But how is it some people are saying any is200 aslong as made before 2006 will also be around £215 and not £445? Due to being made after march01 does it not just automatically get placed in newer table of £445?

According to that, i read if i get a 03 plate it will be £445 for 12months, is this correct?

Thanks

So it seems i was going to be looking at getting a pre 2001 model so to fall in the old style of car tax calculation so to pay less.

But how is it some people are saying any is200 aslong as made before 2006 will also be around £215 and not £445? Due to being made after march01 does it not just automatically get placed in newer table of £445?

According to that, i read if i get a 03 plate it will be £445 for 12months, is this correct?

Thanks

No, if it is registered between March 1 2001 and 23 March 2006, it will be £260.

If it is registered before March 1 2001, it will be £215. Only if it is registered after 23 March 2006 will it be liable for the £445 full amount. This is unlikely, because as far as I know, the changeover to the IS250 was about this time.

It's all listed in that DVLA link posted above...

when the government first decided to increase tax post 2001 IS was gonna be over £400, but then they did it in 2 steps, post 01 and post 06, post 06 being stupidly high

Thanks

No, if it is registered between March 1 2001 and 23 March 2006, it will be £260.

If it is registered before March 1 2001, it will be £215. Only if it is registered after 23 March 2006 will it be liable for the £445 full amount. This is unlikely, because as far as I know, the changeover to the IS250 was about this time.

It's all listed in that DVLA link posted above...

Cheers for this mate clears it up alot, looks like more reason to get a is200 next :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links