Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My wing mirrors are misbehaving. sometimes one or both dont point down when reversing. other times they don't return to normal when coming out of reverse. Anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks

Mike

My wing mirrors are misbehaving. sometimes one or both dont point down when reversing. other times they don't return to normal when coming out of reverse. Anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks

Mike

I think that this affects most Lexus models. I leave the mirror switch in the centre to disable the dipping mirrors. I don't miss it, they actually didn't aid much and it solves this issue.

I think that the big fix is to replace the mirrors, if you can really be bothered.

It's funny how we still call them 'wing' mirrors innit?. I wonder what the last car manufactured with mirrors on the wings actually was. A much better position for them methinks,the eyes don't have to stray so far from the road. My lovely old '65 Wolseley 6/110 had wing mirrors,much classier than on the door. Now there's a thought - my LS400 with wing mirrors. Hmmmm.... better get an MOT first I suppose!!.

OMG I had a Wolseley 6/110 too.............. about 30 years ago now and for a few short months before I blew the engine going to Wales on the M4.

And I actually learnt to drive on one ( my father's ) back in 1967 ! Doubt one would learn on a 3 litre monster these days eh !

Malc

sorry, I digress from the body of the LS400 theme

Thanks

Mike

I think that this affects most Lexus models. I leave the mirror switch in the centre to disable the dipping mirrors. I don't miss it, they actually didn't aid much and it solves this issue.

I think that the big fix is to replace the mirrors, if you can really be bothered.

Surely the switch in the middle is all about the mirrors folding in or not, not whether they tilt down when reversing?

Mike

Thanks

Mike

Surely the switch in the middle is all about the mirrors folding in or not, not whether they tilt down when reversing?

Mike

It's the switch which controls the left or right mirror adjustment. If the switch is in the left or right adjust position the mirrors will, should, dip. If the switch is centred then the dipping mirrors will not dip, this is part of the dipping design.

Thanks

Mike

Mine had started sticking when they were folding in and out, WD40 and silicone grease fixed it.

John N

OMG I had a Wolseley 6/110 too.............. about 30 years ago now and for a few short months before I blew the engine going to Wales on the M4.

And I actually learnt to drive on one ( my father's ) back in 1967 ! Doubt one would learn on a 3 litre monster these days eh !

Malc

sorry, I digress from the body of the LS400 theme

I saw an aston martin DB7 with L plates once, that surprised me.

My rigth mirror on my Mk4 LS400 doesn't move with the switch and occasionally dips for no reason, also doesn't demist left is fine. any ideas?

door doesn't line up perfect with door frame/wing so i think it's had a minor knock at some point and possivly water is getting in somewhere?

It's funny how we still call them 'wing' mirrors innit?. I wonder what the last car manufactured with mirrors on the wings actually was. A much better position for them methinks,the eyes don't have to stray so far from the road. My lovely old '65 Wolseley 6/110 had wing mirrors,much classier than on the door. Now there's a thought - my LS400 with wing mirrors. Hmmmm.... better get an MOT first I suppose!!.

'A' posts on modern cars get in the way?

I suppose the advantage of mirrors close to you is that you get a bigger image than the postage stamp on the wing?

Anyone ever seen the prism-mirror concept?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links