Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hispec Motorsport

dawesy

in december last year(2002) i contacted hi spec for a conversion for my ae-92 i was told i would either have to take my car down for measuring or supply them with a hub and wheel dimensions.

i supplied a hub and dimensions of the wheels and was told there was a 3-4 week lead time. cool i thought just about the right time engine conversion should be complete.

after repeated phone calls the kit finaly arrived in.............................mid febuary!

not to worry its here now. tried to fit them did'nt appear to fit 10mm gap between caliper and mounting brkt another call and i was told that it was ok for me to "shim" the gap i made up some spacers fitted everything lowerd the car to the ground went to reverce off the drive loud scraping and vibration was observed.

car on stands again and it was dicovered that the disc was catching the bottom ball joint. by this time hispec was shut so i carfully dressed some material off the ball joint. seemed to cure the problem....until i did a bit of faster cornering when the same happend again.

another call to hispec they said they were sorry and would send me some revised disc bells and mounting brkts. after repeated calls to them i am still waiting (july03). i ask if they were going to replace the discs also as they had been scoured by the ball joint they said that it was my fault as i had driven the car and they were only prpared skim them :ban-em:

Sorry to say - this isn't a surprise.

The product (once right - they have been known to get sizes wrong) is very good.

The customer sevice is shocking! We have had many many people telling the same tale on the Honda Revolutions forum.

What beats me - if they have too much demand and they can't cope - why are they still advertising in every mag? I have their product on one of my cars, and its very good - but I won't recommend them because of the customer service issues with new customers.

Having said that - I recently had a problem and needed a part sorting - I posted it to them, they repaired (very good job as well) and posted it back to me WITHIN 2 days!!!! And FOC. I was shocked and stunned.

Nightmare - sorry to hear about that Dawesy  :crybaby:

Insider secret - there aren't many car firms in the UK that I would deal with if I were a customer  :ph34r:

So, Mark, speaking hypothetically ...

Who would you deal with if in the market for an air filter :whistling:

:devil::oops::devil:

"Goosey manages to turn his gold discount into double-price in one attempt "

• 5 months later...
in december last year(2002) i contacted hi spec for a conversion for my ae-92 i was told i would either have to take my car down for measuring or supply them with a hub and wheel dimensions.

i supplied a hub and dimensions of the wheels and was told there was a 3-4 week lead time. cool i thought just about the right time engine conversion should be complete.

after repeated phone calls the kit finaly arrived in.............................mid febuary!

not to worry its here now. tried to fit them did'nt appear to fit 10mm gap between caliper and mounting brkt another call and i was told that it was ok for me to "shim" the gap i made up some spacers fitted everything lowerd the car to the ground went to reverce off the drive loud scraping and vibration was observed.

car on stands again and it was dicovered that the disc was catching the bottom ball joint. by this time hispec was shut so i carfully dressed some material off the ball joint. seemed to cure the problem....until i did a bit of faster cornering when the same happend again.

another call to hispec they said they were sorry and would send me some revised disc bells and mounting brkts. after repeated calls to them i am still waiting (july03). i ask if they were going to replace the discs also as they had been scoured by the ball joint they said that it was my fault as i had driven the car and they were only prpared skim them :ban-em:

As with many bespoke kits things like that can & will happen

Had you taken the car down to them they would of seen the relationship between the hub and lower balljoint (did you send them a balljoint too?)

The quality of the product is **** hot, theres no dispute there however it is a victim of its own success, they have outgrown the unit they are in and the delays are inevitable.

They do try hard to get stuff done, on paper its a 9-6 working day but the reality is the family who run it are there till about 9-10 at night monday-friday 50 weeks per year. Commitment is beyond contestation.

My bespoke kit they made for my Ibiza took 2 months to make which wasnt helped by various motherboards burning out on their CNC machines

Once made in about 3hrs after I needed it urgently the kit fitted propperly except for the grinding out of of the OE calipers but I knew id have to to that anyway...

im sorry, you cannot defend a company that has acted the way it has here, i have heard plenty of negative feedback about this company, and as a result, i personally would never consider there stuff for a car of mine

They is only human after all.............They are in the business to provide a product.

they should back there product 100%.

looks to me like they are finding excusses now to pass the buck.

to me....thats a bad company

sorry thats not an excusse,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links