Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Line Input To Stock Head Unit?

Im really not happy with the sound quality of my MD changer that works thru RF so is it possible to hard wire in some line inputs to the stock old style headunit in my IS?

perhaps using the satnav/md input on the back of the headunit?

I assume that the stock headunit switches to line in mode when a lexus MD changer is used.

Thanks Guys

You know what,, i was wondering the exact same thing not one hour ago,, Im running a Dension MP3 hard disk unit through the stock unit via an RF modulator and the sound isnt that great on voice like frequancys etc, as i have the sat nav as well and you cant upgrade the stereo because of this, check out this thread the first picture shows the input and outputs on the PCB of the fatory amp so im thinking that if you can add RCA's to the output then surly you can do the same on the input side..

But my problem is that i have had aftermarket amps installed via Oxford Audio, they managed to get a decent feed for the amps via the stereo, so i dont know if an input can be found on the stereo to sodler these RCA's,, perhaps its possible to splice into the CD input on the board..

I've just been looking at the GS430 Radio head unit circuit diagram and I'm satisfied that I can devise a modification to provide an auxillary audio input fairly easily for this radio head unit. I have no doubt that I can come up with a modification for the IS and almost any other standard Lexus radio too. The clever bit will be incorporating the input selection into another function on an existing button (perhaps a long push)

I'll come up with a fix the FM radio sound quality (lack of treble) at the same time

Anyone in the London area interested in investing in the radio workshop manual for the IS 200 for me to develop the modification?

Is there enough interest from other Lexus owners for an aux input?

Best regards,

Justin.

i saw this on another forum, please forgive me....... i hope this is what you were looking to do.....

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13343124

Not sure this guy has the right colours.

According to my IS200 wiring diagram,

• Front Left= Black
  • Front Right= Light Blue
  • Rear Left= White
  • Rear Right= Red

And all the commons are connected to the Brown wire....

BE CAREFULL........

I was hoping to tap into the satnav/md input and have the stock hd switch to AUX as if it was in control of the Lexus MD changer but just for the sound input of course

hmm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links