Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yes!! must admit this MOD is wicked and simple to install.

I would agree with Jamie about pacing yourslef, but still fairly simple.

I still need to change the wiring so that the mirrors fold at one click rather than two.

I've given up... I sent several e mails and I was told that he would get in touch regarding the old type as he only had a couple left... still waiting... no e mail.... :o(

Hi Ronsis....

Am I the <<<he>>> you are referring to? If so, I haven't found ANY messages to me from you - both directly or private. I ALWAYS reply to Skype, eMails, phone calls.

I did a search and found one message (April, 2013) where you commented that you intended to get a kit, but it wasn't addressed to me, it wasn't a question - just a statement and didn't call for a response by me.

kindly copy the missed messages again so I can respond and re-polish my tarnished reputation.

Best regards,

Michael

3rd / 5th/ and 10th june e mails regarding what stock you had left.. you replied to all 3 of these saying you had a couple left and you'd get back to me once you check..... that was the last I heard... 3 after that reminding you of what we said... but no replies ? lost interest in it now to be honest... along with other electrical matters regarding lexus and Bluetooth connectivity etc....(parrot hands free) I was happy with the car... but i'm getting bored of the same answers from almost everyone.... never known of a car that had so much "niche" electrics.... but that's not your problem.... I don't know what happened... as I said, I've moved on... it's almost out of my system, unless there is a newer easier box you have that I can fit within my price range ? perhaps i'll have to look back over the last few months of these posts.... and your not tarnished.... far from it.. you're doing sterling work... above and beyond etc... it's just my / our emails didn't work....

regards... miserable sod....from Essex...

Ahhhh... You are right (and I am wrong) - sorry. I see you wrote (as another email address) on 4 June 5:36am my time (maybe 8:36pm 3 June your time).

I replied on 4 June 8:13am my time (about 11:13pm 3 June your time) with a message that didn't call for further action on my part - just an order for a Po-40 if needed, from your end.

So, to make amends, how about I offer you a drink? I'm going to be in London between 17 and 22 October visiting my daughter's family who lives in London (N8). I don't know where Essex is, but a drink with an old Aussie paying must surely be worth the trip. (You'll have to come to N8 - it's hard for me to travel these days).

PM me for a day/time and location.

Michael

To Ishaq and Exdee I have modified the Installation notes to reflect your "discovery"

Credit goes to agent_dess

It was purple for three of us now so there's a good chance it will be purple for the rest (IS250's). IS220's might be different.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Thank you Allan for waking up the thread. I have already responded to Allan and the others who were reading the same mail. Yes, the Po-40 is still selling well and still available.

Geoff, the people who were warehousing the Po-40s for me have moved to bigger premises and asked me to hold back my UK stock until they settle in and get their shelving and all the other stuff ready. What I have discovered is that shipment Sydney to UK, Sydney to Europe is taking about six working days – not bad! The last time we spoke, you had sold your 250D!

You may be interested in a guy in Florida (Folding mirrors are not installed in the US models) who purchased motorised mirrors from Europe and fitted them in his car together with a Po-40 so he has the only IS250 with folding mirrors in the USA. I can't imagine the complexity of supplying the electrical cabling. I believe he is going to write his adventures in some publication. I'll keep you informed.

Best wishes to my (Po-40) friends in the UK

Michael

I bought one from Michael a few months back, followed the instructions when fitting which were very clear and had no issues with it - a vey good mod for the car. Thanks Michael.

It was harder to re-fit the door card than it was to fit the unit !!

Make sure when installing you read the thread as when me and exdee followed the instructions the morror would only fold on double locking by pressing the lock button twice. However you can change this to fold on one lock by changing the wiring.

Don't know if Michel has changed this on the instructions on the manual as the previous manual was for overseas Lexus.

Just read the thread and you will know what I mean. I haven't changed mine yet so only locks on double click.

• Like 1

Hi Ishaq, yes I've read every post on this thread so I think that I've got the idea of how to fit the kit thanks ,looking forward to not having to get back in the car to fold the mirrors in.....

Allan

I ordered one of these, I have a busy few weeks with my 250, getting a new sat nav unit tomorrow (complete ML system :$), got 69-8701TP k&n typhoon ready to put on, 6 x iridum plugs, new tyres needed and a custom exhaust. ...

sat nav, plugs and k&n will be done first.

Hi Eric

I presume you are upgrading the satnav because the existing one is okay. Here are a few other mods to the car that you might like to consider.

I presume also that you read some of the threads about hacking the satnav. If I have a passenger with me they can change the satnav while we are moving and dial a phone number on the mobile while removing – two very worthwhile modifications to the car.

You should also look at the manual because a lot of the irritating settings can be adjusted by software. There's a few in the manual and a few you need to get done by the dealer.

Off the top of my head here are a few I have implemented: My car unlocks all doors when I shift to park. I don't get annoying (seatbelt) beeps when my passenger gets out of the car while the engine is running. I don't get the annoying beeps when I drive off and the passenger is still fastening their belt.

On my wish list: Auto accept the liability waiver screen that comes up when you start the car and automatically be in sports mode all the time (I LOVE the paddles)

Michael

thats too much for me now, need to get sat nav working first.! :p

i will post up an update but i got a screen for my non responsive ML system from hk and it did not work, in fact it seems to have made the system worse.

now the original screen wont even work (neither did hk screen), so i am cutting my losses and getting a full unit. I still may be able to fix up my existing system but for now i am getting a replacement unit.

i can come back to them points you made out later perhaps.!

Hello from Sydney, Australia.

Down here, the forum rules are that I am not allowed to write about commercial matters. I presume you are talking about the cost of the Po-40 Folding Mirror Kit which I ship out of Sydney. This kit takes your normally motorised mirrors to another level where you lock or unlock your car and the mirrors will fold or unfold accordingly.

For the complete information can I suggest you send me an email (rather than a PM - I can't send attachments to PM's)

My email address is: MichaelR@Ashpoint.com.au

Cheers,

Michael

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links