Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Illuminated Scuff Plate

Does anyone know the part number(s) for the OEM illuminated scuff plates. I would like to fit them on my IS250 08 SE. I believe that they are plug and play on my model (could be wrong). I spoke to the parts dept at Birmingham Lexus ( a very nice chap, but could not find the part on their system).

Any help appreciated.

Does anyone know the part number(s) for the OEM illuminated scuff plates. I would like to fit them on my IS250 08 SE. I believe that they are plug and play on my model (could be wrong). I spoke to the parts dept at Birmingham Lexus ( a very nice chap, but could not find the part on their system).

Any help appreciated.

Suggest you check you have the connectors fitted on both sides by pulling up the existing scuff plates. Even if you have the connectors on both sides it may be necessary to run a wire to ground to enable the illuminated scuffs to work.

I say this because I fitted a pair to my IS-F and found there was a pre-fitted connector on the driver side only. It meant that I had to wire in a new connector into the passenger side and found I also had to run an extra wire from the existing connector on the driver side to ground, as said above..

These should be the part numbers for the white illuminated plates that were available from MY 2008, before that they were only available in blue,

67910-53070-C0 Lexus Door Sill

67920-53070-C0 Lexus Door Sill

20illuminated20019a.jpg

When you take the original plate off the driver side you should find something like this:

20illuminated20010a.jpg

and after stripping back the insulation tape:

20illuminated20012a.jpg

Thank you very much.

A few more pics with notes that may help, depending on what you find. For convenience I wired in an identical plug to the one on the drivers side on the passenger side, so both the illuminated plates are plug 'n play..

acopya.jpg bcopyh.jpgc1copy.jpg dcopycopy.jpg

ecopy.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much.

A few more pics with notes that may help, depending on what you find. For convenience I wired in an identical plug to the one on the drivers side on the passenger side, so both the illuminated plates are plug 'n play..

acopya.jpg bcopyh.jpgc1copy.jpg dcopycopy.jpg

ecopy.jpg

Thanks Tango. I installed the scuff plates this afternoon. The job did not take too long as I already had plugs at drivers side and passengers side. However, with the pics provided by Tango, I connected (tapped) the white wire of the plugs to the B-pillar wire in both cases. Working beautifully.

Glad to be of help, and good to hear that the SE probably has the same wiring loom as the SE-L so it's easier to install the illuminated scuff plates. Did you fit the white or the blue??

Glad to be of help, and good to hear that the SE probably has the same wiring loom as the SE-L so it's easier to install the illuminated scuff plates. Did you fit the white or the blue??

Fitted the white one obtained from Alex at Lexus Poole (through here).

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but has anyone got the pics that wherein this thread?? Need them as I'm looking to fit these plates to my car

Have you tried contacting Tango? Why not pm him and see if he has the pics archived somewhere.

Have not seen him on the forum for some time though.

Hi Anyone know how much these door sills cost? Looks pretty cool and I want some :phone:

Had a look on eBay and most are from US and cost around £200 +

Thank you.

If you don't fancy going quite to that expense, then these are quite natty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191082954068?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They just plug into where your existing courtesy door light is at the base of the door.

Thanks Normski,

I had seen these before but dont know if it is going to make it to tatty. But for that price I will give it a go...so just ordered some!! LOL

Thanks

Think you mean 'tacky'....no I don't think they will. My son had some on a Mustang he hired in the USA last year. Everywhere he stopped at night ...people commented on them. Think they're quite funky.

It's certainly a cheaper option. They'll take a while to arrive...maybe 10 days or so. Shout back what you think of them.

I'm curious...already have illuminated scuff plates so that too might be a bit overkill for my car..

• 2 weeks later...

Think you men 'tacky'....no I don't think they will. My son had some on a Mustang he hired in the USA last year. Everywhere he stopped at night ...people commented on them. Think they're quite funky.

It's certainly a cheaper option. They'll take a while to arrive...maybe 10 days or so. Shout back what you think of them.

I'm curious...already have illuminated scuff plates so that too might be a bit overkill for my car..

Normski, just got the projector welcome light and must admit look pretty cool. I have attached picture.

post-47925-0-37274000-1402443822_thumb.j

Nice one Ishaq...that looks rather cool.

Interesting to see that the light still gives some surrounding illumination as well.

Good one matey....cool mod and not a bank buster...result!!

Hi Ishaq - Looks good

I have looked at these in the past but thought the image would not be that good but that's quite impressive.

Did you buy them from the link that Normski put up from eBay?

How easy were they to install - did you have to take the door cards off?

thanks

Hi Ishaq - Looks good

I have looked at these in the past but thought the image would not be that good but that's quite impressive.

Did you buy them from the link that Normski put up from ebay?

How easy were they to install - did you have to take the door cards off?

thanks

Hi Newbie, yes got them from the same link Normski sent. Took about 7-10 days to arrive.

Very easy to install just pry the old one off pulling from one side to the other, unlcip and clip new one on and push back in place. 30 second job.

Although the projector is very clear and bright it also has SMD LED to provide illumination to surrounding, which is great!!!

Well worth the price...one problem thou my drivers side was not working so guy sending me a new one....good ebayer and fast response.

Does the connector plug only go in one way? If it can go either way try turning it through 180 degrees and then pushing it back in. Led's are polarity sensitive which makes them work only when connected one particular way. If it only goes in one way then you do have a duff one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links