Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I had my DHP alloys powder coated today. I'll post some pictures in a couple of days if anyones interested. Looks like a good job but I'll see how they look after a winter!

Anyway I only had three centre caps before and now I dont think they can be brought up to a point where they match the wheels and I'd still be one short.

I've been looking for a set for a while, I haven't tried any Dealers as I've read I'm sure that they're discontinued. As I believe these wheels were only available in the uk I can't see anything on US sites. Does anyone have a spare set or know where a spare set could be had, or failing that has anyone had anything made that didn't look to bad?

I think I'd rather run about with none at the minute rather than three filthy old ones as it looks more even to my ocd! Is there any chance that dirt is going to collect in there and grind away at my wheel bearings or corrode my wheels or anything else horrific I can't think of?

I had my DHP alloys powder coated today. I'll post some pictures in a couple of days if anyones interested. Looks like a good job but I'll see how they look after a winter!

Anyway I only had three centre caps before and now I dont think they can be brought up to a point where they match the wheels and I'd still be one short.

I've been looking for a set for a while, I haven't tried any Dealers as I've read I'm sure that they're discontinued. As I believe these wheels were only available in the uk I can't see anything on US sites. Does anyone have a spare set or know where a spare set could be had, or failing that has anyone had anything made that didn't look to bad?

I think I'd rather run about with none at the minute rather than three filthy old ones as it looks more even to my ocd! Is there any chance that dirt is going to collect in there and grind away at my wheel bearings or corrode my wheels or anything else horrific I can't think of?

Look forward to seeing the pics.

Mike

Mising covers won't cause any damage they are purely cosmetic. have you considered contacting ACLex to see if they are still available perhaps as old stock at an old stock price!

Steve, excuse my hopeless ignorance, ACLex, is that a member here or a dealer or what, thanks again

Bill.

edit: did some searching the forum and discovered what the deal is, sent a pm. I'll let you know how it goes. Many thanks.

Sorry I should have been more specific to assist you as a new member.As you have now discovered ACLex is the clubs official parts guy and has helped me several times.

Cheers Steve ACLex seems like a real stand up guy, Although the DHP wheel hubs are long obsolete he has asked for some pictures to try and find any near match. Here's hoping

Bill.

• 3 months later...

I don't have any at the moment to take a picture of, hence the search.

I suspect I might have to resort to buying single ones here and there to make a set up.

Maybe a member with centre caps could take a pic for us please.

Cheers

Pete.

Well I'm not having much luck locating any so far, if any one has any tips they would be gratefully received.

I was wondering about other sources such as caravan shops as caravans often have plain unbadged alloys, any one ever tried this avenue?

The search goes on................

Hi abs, I bought a new set for my DHP a couple of years ago, and seeing as I no longer have the 400 , they really aren't needed. Please check the diameter as these are 62mm which I'm sure were for the bigger 17'' wheels. If I remember rightly I paid about £35 plus p&p. If they are any good to you, £30, and I'll post for freehttp://i1127.photobu...zps87e3415e.jpg

ps. they are brand new and have never been on a vehicle.

Hi Graham

I measured the hole and assuming (I might bewrong) that the cap is flush with the surface of the wheel the opening is 54-55 mm with a smaller circle inside at roughly 50mm I would say.

Are yours definitely 62 mm across the face? It does seem odd about the size differences.

The other possibility ofcourse is that I'm a half wit and don't have Dhps at all.... Anyone got a pic and or info regards how I may identify?

Cheers

Pete.

LexusSnow014.jpg

GSCapsPollenFilter001.jpg

GSCapsPollenFilter002.jpg

This is a DHP 17" alloy and centre cap is 55mm dia and 20mm deep with 'O' ring. Stamped on the inside of the wheel and centre cap is: OZ, CRSA, M514, PZ-406-FO670-1. I've posed this question before: Do Toyota make standard wheels and OZ make optional wheels. The GS430 wheels I've seen in adverts seem to be either 5 or 7 spoke alloys.

Can't belive there are that many sizes. Perhaps we should have an ''Industry Standard'' for measuring.

How about, when fitted, the diameter of the whole visible disc.

Photoon2012-10-23at0905_zps87e3415e.jpg

I came across many different size centre caps for LS (Lexus) wheels when looking for some when I had my LS 2 or 3 years ago. My MK2 GS300 with 6 spoke optional 17" alloys made by OZ has centre caps like this with the ringed 'L' emblem chromed.

Thanks for all the info guys it seems I do have dhps but they will have to sit in my shed until I can find some centre caps, very frustrating!

Daily searches of fleabay will have to continue......... Sigh.......

• 6 months later...

Damn these things are hard to find!

The search goes on.........

If any one spots some I would love a heads up.

Cheers

Pete

Look on eBay 50 mm centre caps a set of 4 universal black with silver transfers £9.95 free postage 50mm clip 55mm face.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links