Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

07 Is250 Led Interior

mrahman136

Hi All,

Thanks for everyones advice up to now, just one thing I think I'd like to improve is the puddle lights in the wing mirrors. They seem a little dull by comparison to my 1series. I dont think there is any LED bulbs in the car already other than the reading lights.

Is there an easy way of identifiying what bulbs are needed if I wanted to update the puddle lights and both the dome lights? And also a good set of instructions on how to open the casings etc?

Any help would be super appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Hi i brought some from a company in america called Precision LED and theyve even got a step by step youtube video to show you the easiest way to change the bulbes over, they're bulbs are top notch and they even supply you with a free fitting tool. I purchased the interior kit which does both centre domes and the vanity light but i also brought ones for the puddle lights, courtesy door lights and boot. it cost me £70 in total inc postage. just follow the link below:

http://www.precisionled.com/lexus-is-led-interior-lights-kits-2006-present.html

• 3 weeks later...

How does the UK front dome light come apart? The video shows that the USA cars have a sunglassess holder which flips down revealing 2 screws. Our UK cars have a blanking plate instead of the sunglassess holder. Does this need to be removed to reveal the screws or do we have 2 clips which can be popped off like the ones at the back of this overhead unit?

• 2 months later...

How does the UK front dome light come apart? The video shows that the USA cars have a sunglassess holder which flips down revealing 2 screws. Our UK cars have a blanking plate instead of the sunglassess holder. Does this need to be removed to reveal the screws or do we have 2 clips which can be popped off like the ones at the back of this overhead unit?

That's easy.. although im not sure if my answer is going to be any good to you know since you asked quite a few months ago....

The blanking plate will pull down in the same way the sunglasses holder open's.

Only trick is you need a thin flat object and little force to do it.... I can add photo if requested?

• 8 months later...

Hi, a week or so ago I read on this forum about changing the internal lights to leds, I watched a couple of youtube clips and thought, that looks easy. So I've bought my bulbs and plastics tools and last night I thought I'd change them over, wont take me long. Should have known, nothing is ever that straight forward. My problem relates to the centre dome light. I was expecting to simply lever off the light cover and pull out the bulbs but there is no way in so the only option looks like removing the plastic cover (where the sunglasses storage unit is on other models) and remove the whole unit from the roof. My question is how do you remove the plastic cover - I can get a thin tool behind the cover but dont know where the clips are and am concerned it will shatter if I give it too much force. Any help appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links